Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 11:23 Go to next message
Yankies whinge about MA70's and their ability to twist tailshafts with their 7m's huge torque output on supraforums.com.

What are people's opinions on the stock MA70 tailshaft and what are the viable options if it is in fact not up to the task?

Am i best looking at something insanely custom that won't break?

ta guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very strong. go to www.7mpower.com

theres cars with 500rwhp using stock shafts.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having a ludicrous one like ive got on the ma61 is the other option if you arent confident. but that will cost you a fair chunk. but hardy spicer in brissie are fair on pricing.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 21:27

very strong. go to www.7mpower.com

theres cars with 500rwhp using stock shafts.

Sceptical dyno figures at best. There was a thread on the yanky site with one car that pulled 700rwhp on 6x 550cc injectors and no other assistance. I find that very hard to beleive.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about that seb tosser with that supra running 635rwkw with stock rods? he had stock lsd and shaft
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Sun, 24 July 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glenn talk to the guys at Sydney Drive line Centre at Greenarce P.M. or call me for there number
My cutom 3' shaft with 2 new huge uni's was $550, I got dared to break it even with a turbo motor.

Their tailshafts are in sutho's, Screamin rolla's and Big perms cressidas as well as my crown. I also know that Rod recomends them.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Mon, 25 July 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A wise man once said, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Consider upgrading your tailshaft if and when it snaps. If you're worried about this happening, install a couple of tailshaft loops.
XmaGe
Regular

November 2004
Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Mon, 25 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota A70 supra tailshafts are strong as. But because they are all getting old check out the uni joints. These little buggers are sealed you can't add more grease. I had Veem engineering fix mine for about $300 a joint. They were replace (modified) with Holden SS bearing with nipples Razz

But in total my auto to manual tailshaft conversion was the most expensive part due to the fact that all my uni joints were stuffed as will as my centre bearing. Oh, 23 spline pattern is also a pain in the ass.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA70 tailshaft strength? How strong are they? Mon, 25 July 2005 05:06 Go to previous message
Off topic, why was your members ride thread deleted ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NEED HELP 4AGTE........no start
Next Topic:4AGZE stuttering problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:12:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041317939758301 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.