Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Cheapest places to get these bits?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Cheapest places to get these bits? Mon, 25 July 2005 05:12 Go to next message
Hi guys, I'll be needing the following bits for my car over the next few weeks, any idea where I can obtain them (preferably new) cheaply? I live in Newcastle Smile

Transmission oil cooler (Size of an A4 sheet roughly)
4-5m of hose to suit
Walbro in-tank 255lph fuel pump
Malpassi Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator (dual diaphragm?)
Plastic shield bit that goes under MX83 cressida engine bay
The rubber grommet that the throttle cable should hook into in this pic:
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_throttle_cable. jpg

Thanks for any advice Smile

Repco wanted $260 for the oil cooler lol, now I know why Repco stands for Rip Every Poor Cunt Off Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Mon, 25 July 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
import bits had the walbro in tank fuel pumps for 170 but i think they might have sold out but worth a try anyhow also horsepower in a box has them for 180-190 buks i think..
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Mon, 25 July 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate Smile Keep those links coming, I'm just checking out eBay at the moment.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Mon, 25 July 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.ebay.com Razz

walbro pumps on there r cheap as chips... less than 170 i think i only paid 139 or somethin for mine 6 months ago, they also sell oil coolers i dont know about the quality though

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=43807&item=4564205846&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW

there ya go 255 pump 129 bucks Razz dont go getting riped off ebay has alot of good stuff also alot of shit but brand name shit is generally legit

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2005 07:46]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Mon, 25 July 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oil cooler A4 size,what do you have a rotary. get a big B&M cooler from rocket industries.if you have a big cooler in winter,your oil will take awhile to come up to temp.make sure you pick an oil that will suit for normal driving in winter,otherwise you can get big wear.

hose get from repco etc.

walbro pump, rocket carry them from memory or just get a bosch comp pump which i prefur.

instead of malpassi reg id go an SX or aeromotive. the malpassi's have had a few prob's over the last few years.

plastic bit dont know what you mean.

rubber dust cover you mean?if so bearing place or repco if your lucky,motor bike places might have them.

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Tue, 26 July 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ Cressida. Just been chatting to Shane (1JZ747) and he told me to get all these bits.

I'll check out rocket industries, what size cooler do you recommened? I don't want to overcool it, but would be good to have it at a safe temperature in summer.

Just bidded on that Walbro fuel pump and won it @ $129 - thanks for the link! It is a GS341, better fit lol

Plastic bit covers the bottom of the engine bay, shields it from rocks, mud, water etc. Toyota genuine is $90 or so.

Who sells/distributes SX or Aeromotive rising rate FPRs? Needs to be a dual diaphragm design. I also saw a few different varieties, like 1:1, and 1:1.7 etc, which sort do I need? I'm just running the stock computer.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 05:07]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Wed, 27 July 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't you have some sort of solenoid or something and an extra line which, when activated, bypasses the oil cooler for winter driving?

That way, you could effectively allow or deny access to the oil cooler at a whim...

Complicated, perhaps... but then you'd recieve the cooling you wish to have, and be able to not worry about temps in winter when oil temps wouldn't be as much as a problem as in summer
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Wed, 27 July 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RX7 oil cooler I have ($15 on ebay!) is very large and has a built in thermostat so only used when oil is hot.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Cheapest places to get these bits? Wed, 27 July 2005 04:50 Go to previous message
Serious? That sounds ideal! I didn't know such coolers existed! Do you have a link and pics? What sort of condition is it in?

I have a mate of a mate opening a parts shop in newcastle soon and I was going to buy one of his HKS copies depending on price and suitability.

Just need to sort out FPRs now, what FPR do you 1JZ TT boys use with your Walbro fuel pumps?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Sprinters!!!
Next Topic:United Boost 98
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 04:13:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005640983581543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.