Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
taitran
Regular

April 2005
How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Wed, 29 June 2005 09:55 Go to next message
i would like to know how to remove the sprinter dash and vents( where are the hidden bolts), and if minor cracks can be repaired?.
  Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Wed, 29 June 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well here is half the answer:

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/index.htm
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Wed, 29 June 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks but, i thought their might be a DIY way of fixing the cracks, its only minor cracks so i thought maybe fibreglassing
d-shiznit
Regular

May 2004
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Wed, 29 June 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you thought of just recovering the dash in vinyl?
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Wed, 29 June 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is screech's DIY dash

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Picture005.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/Picture006.jpg
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Thu, 30 June 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, are those holes for Gauges or something?.
Yeah im thinking of wrapping it in Vinyl, has anyone done it before?, is it expensive?.

Cheers Tai Tran
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Thu, 30 June 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Depending on where the crack is and how big, you could be able to use some plastic puddy on the back section of the crack and then smear some on the top were you would see it and sand it off a bit untill it is slightly smooth and the paint the hole thing.

just a thought
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Fri, 01 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a dash mat!!! Very Happy - pm me
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Fri, 01 July 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would a thin skin of fibreglass over a dash hold up?
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Fri, 01 July 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah il probably just get it vinyled, Anyway still want to know how to remove the dash, i have removed as many bolts that i can see and still cant remove. Help??
johnO2
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Fri, 01 July 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I got mine done.
The vinyl repair shop told me that they either bog over the whole thing then sand it to get it smooth.
Or stretch a thin layer of foam over the whole dash then put the vinyle over that. Which is what I had done (it looks great).
Don't try an do the vinlying your self because you will need to sow parts to get the right shape. It should cost between 50 to 80 dollars to get it done properly.
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Mon, 25 July 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just reading you last reply and was wondering , where this shop is?
Cheers
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Mon, 25 July 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ Im also interested in that question... which place does it for $50-80.??

I got quoted $300 for vacume moulding..... farkk that.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How do u remove ae86 dash? And can cracks be repaired? Mon, 25 July 2005 09:07 Go to previous message
In Melbourne that dashboard doctor place out in Croydon does them for about $200+gst , there right next door to the rally experience guys which use sprinters . You might also see that all of there sprinters have matt black dashs like mine .
http://www.pbase.com/ae86sr20det2005/image/3821470 2
Having such a sloped screen as the ae86 makes the reflection bad in direct sunlight , the matt finish they do there does reflect and make driving the car so much better .

As far as removal this has been covered before , use the search and you will find something in the tech section .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Jap Ae86 axle
Next Topic:Confusing diff/speedo ratio question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:48:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057559013366699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.