Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Brett_J
Newcomer

July 2005
Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 07:14 Go to next message
By wanting to get it up to producing 100hp atw?
Im not really up to clue on old school carb motors,I have turbo efi cars and this is my first carbed car that I have owned for years (KE 11).
I would prefer to keep it N/A if possible,So is this little motor up to the task or do I have to go bigger?

Also if anyone could shed some light as to the differences between the KE11 and KE10 for panel parts.Like doors and bonnets and bootsa and such.

Cheers
Brett
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am also not very cluey re these engines but seeing as how a 4k makes about 45rwhp there is a lot of modification that would need to be done to make that power. Personally, I would drop in a 5k and work that instead. They are a lot better than a 4k but I have never had a 3k so can't compare.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
" They are a lot better than a 4k... "
How so? I'm not a fan of 5k because they're so damn hard to find Very Happy Go the 4k! lol Smile Btw, you'd be able to get that on FI but NA, have you read the Tosco 3k Race manual?
Thanks
Troy
Brett_J
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have'nt read it,Still new to this old school stuff.

Not afraid to Turbo it if I need to,Im sure I can source an old T2 turbo from somewhere,just need to know the best carb for the job and also whether to make it suck or blow through.

Prefer to keep it N/A though,I alreay have 2 Turbo cars.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/
Theres the link, courtesy of Oldcorollas on these forums. And I too am after whether to go blow through or suck through but am planning to go FI. Have a good one man!
Thanks
Troy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boofis: I think a 5k is better because it seemed a lot quicker than my current 4k. That is all Smile
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair nough. Were they both stock? Sad I hope the .2 of a litre doesn't affect performance that much, otherwise that sucks. Sad
Thanks
Troy
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a 5k i had was producing about 100hp and did hi 14s low 15s in a ke20 body
it was the 1500 5k engine
the block had been bored out and had oversized pistons
the head and the block were shaved
the head was ported and had heavy duty valves springs etc
it had twin 40doce webbers on a redline manifold an accel coilpack 12mm leads 3 inch exhaust
ran timing that was beyond the advance marks on the cover (by memory it was 32 degrees advance when running on avgas, compression was in excess of 11:1)
had a 1 ton brass button clutch on the standard 4 speed and auto wagon diff and managed to lift the fronts enough to be noticable
turbo would be the better bet yet if you desire strictly old school and soemthign that draws peoples attention from the engine note alone id go na along that route Smile
btw
there are twin cam/16v race spec versions of this engine floatign around somewhere known as the 150e Smile
hoep that helps a bit
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Am I asking too much of my 3K Mon, 25 July 2005 11:26 Go to previous message
whereas my injected 4K was only making around 50-55kw atw, high comp just strretable cam etc, 8000rpm redline..]

4K and 5K have same stroke, 5K is 5.5mm larger bore!! heads are just as restrictive etc..

100hp atw is possible with 5K perhaps, 7K should do it easily, but it has it's own probs...
just work the 4K and be happy Wink...
or turbo the 5K and be happier! they are not that hard to find...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:yahoo japan
Next Topic:NSW Green P
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:45:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047750473022461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.