Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 18 July 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7986393300&category=5 0448&sspagename=WD2V
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 25 July 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that things hot love cressida's
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 24 August 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New bits arrived...
Sard FPR
HKS Fuel Cut Defender
Norgren Valve (boost controller)
Just gotta get them fitted sometime. Twin dumps are on, running approx 12-14psi Very Happy
It is all coming together nicely!
Next stage will be traction, handling, then brakes. Possibly a kit and respray if I win lotto lol
Walbro 255lph fuel pump has been fitted too, and ATX has been flushed out and filled with Toyota Type IV fluid. Shifts a bit better Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 02 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FCD and one of the norgren valves are in, running 15PSI now!
Will slap it on the dyno next week sometime hopefully. Hoping for at least 200kW at the wheels Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 08 September 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK finally got it on the dyno, results were disappointing but I have heard that Scotts dyno does give some funny readings. I've been told to upgrade from my stock JZX81 intercooler, and after feeling the temperature of each side of it after the run, I'd be inclined to agree. Doesn't help when the car has been baking in the sun all day before the dyno run though.

Got 183.5kW at the wheels.

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_dynowheels.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_dyno183.jpg

Ran it at the strip last night, my first time at the drags, had no idea what I was doing, but had a go.

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_burnout.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/timeslip.jpg

Shane said it is good for low 13s. I need to work on my launches. A 2 second 60ft would equate to a 13.3sec pass.

Car overheated on the way there, the thermo fan fuse had blown!! Pulled over quickly and just hardwired it to the battery and it ran fine for the rest of the night.
I ended up in the kitty litter on my first run lol
Still a fun night!

Damn I am a n00b Wink

Next step will be a hybrid intercooler, find some fittings for this damn transmission cooler, fit that, and rig up a smarter thermofan arrangement.

13.95 isn't TOO bad for my first time drag racing I guess.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 08 September 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the HP formula, if your car weighs 1600kg and you trap 103mph you have 225rwkw. So I wouldn't be worry about a dyno number Smile

By the way 13's on the first trip to the drag is pretty awesome! I ran a 17.3@98mph on my first go Razz Hope to improve on that next weekend Smile

Also, Shane is right that 103mph trap can get a low 13 et. It is possible to run a 12 if the launch was awesome too.

Nice skids Very Happy
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Thu, 08 September 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate Smile
Hopefully the better intercooler helps things! Just gotta save up. Might get Shane to run the car for me one day in the future and see what times he can pull with it.

The car weighs 1480kg according to the weighbridge certificate I got with the car. What doese that work out to in kW do you reckon?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 09 September 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Works out to be 219rwkw Smile
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 09 September 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark yeah Very Happy I thought the dyno was reading a little bit low!

Ordered an intercooler today. $175 for a 600x300x76mm cooler! Hybrid copy or something. Very happy with the price Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 09 September 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13's are quick in any language.
Thats a fast boat u have mate hehe Razz
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Fri, 09 September 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate Smile
Hopefully with a decent cooler the car will be capable of a 13 flat, we'll see Wink
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Mon, 12 September 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New intercooler arrived this morning, only ordered it on Friday!

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/cressida_intercooler.jpg

Going to wander across to Broadmeadow to get a quote from a bloke there for fitting, might even have it fitted today. Might even rig up some sort of spray system if I have some spare time.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 28 September 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive always wondered what a cressida would look like with these mags, and when i saw this pic, i knew it had to be done, and i lowered it for the full effect...

enjoy.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~asterix/cressidaLowered.jpg

that is one awesome car you have there Smile

Eldar.O.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: My 1JZ MX83 GLX Cressida Wed, 05 October 2005 03:26 Go to previous message
Haha thanks mate Smile
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Heres mine & my fiances Rolla hatch & others
Next Topic:Ed's MA-61 Supra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:18:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064778327941895 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.