Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 07:51 Go to next message
Well thought I'd share with you some pics of my project car, Anyway here goes.

Her first day home.
http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza601.JPG

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza602.JPG

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza603.JPG

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza604.JPG

Ewww this just has to go...

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza605.JPG

Ahh much better

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza607.JPG

And this is the only thing that you will notice that shows that she means business.

http://www.springwoshs.eq.edu.au/home/jbuch7/jza608.JPG

Actually thinking of painting it Black and modifying the front bar a bit so its harder to see. Well that's were it is at at the moment, future plans include:

• 5 Stud
  • Larger Brakes
  • Coilovers
  • Rear Camber Fix
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice Surprised Can't wait for more piccies.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tidy!

VVTi 1jz looks so much neater than its non vvti sibling.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks tidy!
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I've always been a fan of these cars with the flared wheels guards. But with a 1JZ that sit's so snugly in it's new home, that's absolutely crazy Shocked

That's some good work you've done, keep it up. Either keep it white or black, it's your coice, but nonetheless it's still quite a monster Very Happy
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 30 May 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What r the differences between the vvti and non vvti 1JZ ?? sorry for the n00b question Razz Just curious is all Very Happy and very nice lookin car dude Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 31 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 31 May 2005 09:48

What r the differences between the vvti and non vvti 1JZ ?? sorry for the n00b question Razz Just curious is all Very Happy and very nice lookin car dude Very Happy

Without delving into actual figures, the VVTi version is single turbo as opposed to twin and produces more torque(and probably more power too...).
Probably a host of other differences as well. But the basic, noticeable difference is one turbo, not two.

BTW as others have mentioned, she looks well tidy in that bay!
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 31 May 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx i never realised they came out in a single turbo Confused thats cool
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 31 May 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well just a bit on an update, I did get to drive her on the weekend after a Long build time due to work and me going overseas for a bit. Anyway all I can say is Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad this thing is a monster. It is a completely different beast to my RX7, just power on tap pretty much all the way through the rev range, no turbo lag just put your foot down and hold on as she lights up in 2nd and even 3rd gear. I am definitely one happy boy.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 31 May 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nice mate and sounds like it goes pretty well too Smile

If you ever want to come down to Willowbank to see what it can do, could you please tell me as I would love to watch/race Very Happy
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 31 May 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks lovely! Looks pretty much the same as mine, except you've got a VVTI 1j and I don't. Nice build mate! Upped the boost yet? Then you can have more fun Very Happy What gearbox have you got?

Also, you don't really -need- coilovers, Jaze told me they handle brilliantly with just a set of decent springs and shocks (I've got king lows and KYB adjustable shocks) and a set of nolethane bushes.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 01 June 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good there.

Nice and neat is very good and the cooler looks well mounted. I too am debating whether to paint mine black as well !!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 07 June 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks great man!
Very Happy

Cheers
Wilbo
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Tue, 07 June 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any big issues installing this engine?
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 29 June 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam_Q wrote on Wed, 08 June 2005 06:55

any big issues installing this engine?

Not as many as I thought. I did a lot of research on here first to make sure everthing would work out. Wiring was and still is the only headache, found it hard to find a wiring diagram which doesn't make things easy. Have to give a big thanks to ChuckLandwehr and deesonet who sent me the stuff they had. Finally got off my arse and got a tach adapter so install that then work out a way to wire the Circuit Opening Relay (any help you guys can give me?) and all wiring should be complete.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 29 June 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neet install man...
yeah - it does look better than the old 5M! Razz

what size cooler piping did you use? and what way/where did you run it for the cooler?

Damo
TRD 83
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 29 June 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pipe in 2.5" Piping goes through the guard on one side and up behind the radiator on the other, hard to explain if you want pics let me know.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 29 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Use the Circuit Opening Relay setup for the 1UZ.

Its on the Sixworks website, but thats been down for a few days.
I'll upload my one later this week, its got colours sorted out.

Should be fairly similar.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Wed, 29 June 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that one nice supra celica man....good to see the 5m was ditched for the ct26 feed 1jz. very nice..top job!

I hope u can come to the supercruise and get some more celica's on it it shall be heaps of fun!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Thu, 30 June 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buccy wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 22:33

Pipe in 2.5" Piping goes through the guard on one side and up behind the radiator on the other, hard to explain if you want pics let me know.

yeah buccy - if you can send me some details and pics to my email, that would be cool - djferraz at yahoo.com

Thanks mate!

Damo
TRD 83
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Thu, 30 June 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 12:43

buccy wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 22:33

yeah buccy - if you can send me some details and pics to my email, that would be cool - djferraz at yahoo.com

Thanks mate!

Damo
TRD 83

Don't forget Damo, the 7M routing is different. See my thread and pics in the members ride for how I ran the 2.5" piping on my 7M-GTE MA61.

Cheers

Michael B
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Thu, 30 June 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 30 June 2005 00:34

Use the Circuit Opening Relay setup for the 1UZ.

Its on the Sixworks website, but thats been down for a few days.
I'll upload my one later this week, its got colours sorted out.

Should be fairly similar.

That would be great if you could upload it, I am really over wiring hurts my head trying to think about it. Are you still puting a 1UZ into a MA61 or have you moved on? I saw your members ride bit with the car chopped in half, so just wondering.

Damo I will get those pics to you tomorrow or Sat. 3S-GE_Man when is this cruise? I don't know if this car will be ready any time soon, so much I still want to do before I'll be happy. I could borrow my brothers MA61 to join in.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Buccy's MA61 with 1JZ VVTi goodness! Mon, 25 July 2005 13:25 Go to previous message
1UZ into MX73 wiring I did.
I'd hazard a guess that the VVTI Circuit Opening Relay or Ignition Relay as its actually called is wired up the same way.

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/wiring/

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/wiring/uzz31_into_mx73_wiring_1.gif

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/wiring/uzz31_into_mx73_wiring_2.gif
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Gunmetal 1990 ST182 Corona EXIV
Next Topic:Blake's (pheonix) T-18
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:23:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057060718536377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar