Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3TGTE 200rwkw???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aeke
Regular

July 2003
3TGTE 200rwkw??? Tue, 26 July 2005 03:26 Go to next message
A mate of mine is building a TA22 and was wondering if you can get 200rwkw with the 3TGTE. Are many people making this sort of power with these motors and what do you have to do to get it up there? Are you ging to be able to get a turbo that comes on around 3000rpm and still get 200rwkw?

Will
  Send a private message to this user    
3T-GTE
Regular

August 2003
Re: 3TGTE 200rwkw??? Tue, 26 July 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, can most certainly be done, & has been done, but not without the right modifications.

Basic list of major things that need doing:
Forged Pistons
Turbo upgrade
Aftermarket EFI & someone who knows what to do with it
Intercooler
Etc, etc...

Don't forget, you are going to need to also put a drivetrain behind it to hold on to that sort of power - What sort of gearbox / diff are you looking to use?

What sort of use is the car for? Street, Track, or Strip?

For 200rwkw or more, I would be leaning towards going with a 3S-GTE as a base & start from there.

YelloRolla - Jason - should be able to give some more first-hand knowledge on this... I'd also be curious to know how Rod's project is coming along.
Cheers,
3T-GTE.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 3TGTE 200rwkw??? Tue, 26 July 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tak to jason on here with the Ke30 - he has 193rwkw running 25psi. Pull's 11's. YELLOROLLA is his name.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3TGTE 200rwkw??? Tue, 26 July 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 16:01

tak to jason on here with the Ke30 - he has 193rwkw running 25psi. Pull's 11's. YELLOROLLA is his name.

ke20
aeke
Regular

July 2003
Re: 3TGTE 200rwkw??? Tue, 26 July 2005 12:05 Go to previous message
The reason we where thinking 3TGTE and not 3SGTE as it's an older motor and in SA I think you can get it legal with aftermarket Turbo and computer. As with the 3SGTE you would have to run standard computer and the rest. The general turbo, pistons, intercooler and computer will be done as well as custom inlet and exhaust.

I guess the only way to go is a W55-8 gearbox and a custom commodore diff should do the trick for a quick all round street car.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Year 12 major work
Next Topic:Leaning out problem....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:13:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046970844268799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.