Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
09ONE
Newcomer

July 2005
1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 05:16 Go to next message
Hey guys I have changed my 1JZGTE water punp to a 2JZ item, however the old water pump pulley (off the hydraulic water pump assembly) doesn't bolt up to it and there is no way to re-drill it to fit.

How does everyone else get around this problem? Is it as simple as obtaining the water pump pulley for the 2JZ pump? Does this pump run an engine fan? Otherwise the only other way I can see, is to run aftermarket thermo's in the stock fan shroud.

Ideas???
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll need a pulley from a 1JZ-GTE or 2JZ-GTE with a clutch fan - either look for a second hand one (good luck) or get a billet copy made ($$$).

Most people run electric fans. The stock clutch fan is available new from Toyota but costs some ludicrous amount.
09ONE
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those were the two things I didn't want to hear... But figured that I would be hearing them anyway. What I am unsure about is what size does the pulley have to be to run the water pump at the correct speed?

Do I just get it made to match the same size as the one that came with the hydraulic water pump?

Would a 15 inch thermo in place of the engine fan we comparable in flow to the stock engine fan or will I possibly have some overheating problems in traffic etc?

What belt do I use to run the water pump pulley? Stock fan belt for a 1JZ/2JZ?

The engine is in a TE Cortina aswell.

Thanks.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using a Supra 2JZ-GTE pulley which I was lucky enough to find - it was slightly smaller than the original pulley but not by much. So if you get one made just make sure the diameter is close to the original. The stock serpentine belt still fits fine on my engine.

The largest electric fan you can fit in your shroud is the way to go - that should be enough to keep your engine cool, but it's a case of suck it and see. No electric fan will draw as much air as that huge hydraulic fan.
09ONE
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can the pulley for the 2JZGTE be purchased new from Toyota? If my stock belt doesn't fit will I be able to get one made or do I have to look for an OEM item of some description? Just worry about it if/when it happens?

Thanks again.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt you will have a problem with getting a belt. You just need to measure it up and get another one the same size.

SOrry mate, didn't realise you were still running the clutch fan. I have a 2jz non hydro water pump and I got the pulley from Gianttomato on here. I am running a thermo fan though. BTW I have a 14" thermo and so far it cools it down pretty well. Using chaser radiator BTW.
09ONE
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not running the clutch fan. I would like to, but economically not feasible. What belt did you end up using Chris? The same one that ran your hydraulic 1JZ pump?

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Tue, 26 July 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have AC or PS and I have moved my alternator to the other side so it is a much shorter belt. About 111cm IIRC.
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: 1JZGTE to 2JZGTE water pump Wed, 27 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous message
I hope you have done some body work to your TE to make it stronger???. My old TE stretched about 2 inches in length from only a worked 4.1 6 cylinder!!!
TE/TF is very weak in the body.TC/TD stronger
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:a\c bracket for 2tgeu
Next Topic:o-ring and non copper head gasket?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:22:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049669742584229 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.