Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 13:29 Go to next message
Hey all

well in the last year or so i've been drinking these at Cafe's not knowing that they contain alcohol, even though it said bitters i just thought it was a name.
Found out about 3 weeks ago that it does contain alcohol and now i dare not to drink it if I'm driving (P plates).

Has anyone had one of these and has been breathalised?
Did it read?

Lady who served me a LL&B once told me it wasn't enough to show...
Is she right?

- Choony
  Send a private message to this user    
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno as im underage but i drink them to, and the "bitters" part is 47% alcohol i think, but theres hardly any bitters in the drink so the actual alcohol content of the drink would be far less than 47%, i hope that helps, still dosnt answer your question totally but its a start...

tom
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a barman mate and yes the bitters is quiet alcaholic.. but when we make LLB there isnt enough in there to create an actual reading, trust me its just a few drops around the rim, and im on my Ps as well and all i drink at work is LLB while im workin and though i havent been breathalised after work im sure that it wont show up trust me Very Happy

sorta of topic my mate was the 1st p plater to be done under the new no tolerance P plater laws eg no blood alcahol, and he was let of cos he was the 1st or somethin anyway yeh dun worry bout ya LLB its perfectly safe even if u have a few.
DEA-L3R
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one's that they sell at the servo's and shops do they have alcohol in it???

[Updated on: Sun, 24 July 2005 14:01]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a very very slight % so little that they dont need to let u no by label.
DEA-L3R
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so that wont show on a breathaliser??
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so very little that no it wont, only real situation i can imagine it showing up on is if u get a bottle of bitters take a few mouthfuls then get a breathliser Razz lol so yeh dont worry bout the bitters, u wont get done for it Wink
DEA-L3R
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for the info Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep you should probably be more concerned about mouthwash!
There are tiny amounts of alcohol in lots of things, I'm sure no judge in the world would take your license off you because you had a blood alcohol level of 0.001 or whatever absolute minimal reading you may get.
Secondly the handheld breathalysers the cops use at RBT's etc. are only calibrated at 0.05 and should only really be used to determine if someone is over 0.05... accuracy degrades exponentially as BAC moves away from 0.05% BAC.
This is why they ALWAYS have to take a blood sample or use the wideband BAC machine back at the station if they are going to charge you.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Sun, 24 July 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correct Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only way you could be over the limit was if you sculled 50 litres of LLB's in like 10 minutes, then i think your biggest problem would be your blood sugar level Very Happy , and the fact your about to burp like an animal all over the copper Very Happy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay - there's no danger of an actual BLOOD alcohol reading, but if you knock back a stong LLB, it will be on your breath for awhile, which could get your ass dragged to a booze-bus or the station for a blood test.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about this, don't drink them 'till you're off your Ps. In fact, don't even leave the house. Just stay home... in your room... under your sheets. The cops can't get you there. Wink
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info guys

now i can drink a few at a cafe without the worry of getting busted.
but i will make sure i leave myself an hour or so before i start driving.

Thanks all

PS: who wants to race to see who can scull 10L of LLB faster?? Surprised
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 19:33

thanks for the info guys

Thanks all

haha maybe just have some chi tea instead! Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been told if you have one of those Listerine pocket pack things it will show high too? any truth to this you think? you know those breath freshener things that you put on you tongue and they dissolve. It is also supposedly only after you have just had one though
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 23:57

im a barman.

where are you a barman at?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bowling club, Smile its good money and pretty good work i havent worked at target since april, Rolling Eyes
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder how many galons of llb you would have to drink to get 0.01 maybe we should try it
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Mon, 25 July 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno but im up to it Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Cafe - Lemon Lime Bitters - Show up in a breathaliser? Tue, 26 July 2005 05:31 Go to previous message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 19:33

thanks for the info guys

Thanks all

da fei gei!!! did u get done?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:DO YOU KNOW THE ANSWER???????
Next Topic:Toyota might not be happy about this... but.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 08:37:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051820278167725 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.