Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
3TGTE Bore Mon, 25 July 2005 07:31 Go to next message
Hi, my motor is finally apart and by the looks of things i will need to do a bit of work to make it perfect, one thing i am going to want to do it take the bore of the cylinders out a little bit as there are small ridges etc on the bores of 2 cylinders, i am also going to need to regrind the crank shaft only on the big end journals. Can anyone recommend what to bore it out to to get a little bit of a performance gain but without going too far so it cant be bored again? its still stock size of 86mm.

Also where would i find oversized forged pistons for a good price would i need to send a sample piston away to the company and just say copy that piston but 1-2mm bigger, if u know what i mean, and is the design of the 3TGTE factory piston good to use again if getting custom ones again or should they not have that dome on the top to lower the compression so i can run more boost? Does anyone make oversize crankshaft bearings? or do most engine shops just size them up and get custom ones made?
  Send a private message to this user    
pheonix83
Regular

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE Bore Mon, 25 July 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak to sean maloney at IDB Automotive.

forged pistons will set u back 800-1000 bucks.

what computer are you going to be using ?

If you are using the std computer then dont bore it out too much, as it will affect your fueling requirements.

Also if you are looking at lower compression, then u will definately need an aftermarket computer, otherwise you will just run out of fuel map with more boost.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 3TGTE Bore Mon, 25 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first thing,send the block to the machinest and find what size pistons it will need to suit the boring. it might be virgin block but it depends on how oval etc they are,to what piston size you need.if you want jus6t cast pistons, national will have a piston to suit.
mick
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3TGTE Bore Tue, 26 July 2005 07:24 Go to previous message
I was planning to use the standard computer for a while until i can afford an aftermarket one and get rid of the dizzy at the same time. ill have take it to the engine shop fist then ill sort it out thanks for the help, ill have to ring up IDB ive heard they are good.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:roll center adjusters ae86
Next Topic:VN Commodore
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:17:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059859752655029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.