Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 13:45 Go to next message
Finally 12 Months In the making ive finished my 4AGTE MR2.
Wat a absolute mission it as been. 1st Of all id like to thank Adz for my manifold and feral4mr2 for his hints and tips and joyride in his 4agte 2 reinspire me when i thought all hope was lost of ever completing this project.

Well to start off i did this conversion because i lunched my engine on the race track about 12 months back. Melted the NO 3 Piston in half. I guess thats what you get when u have a SAFC and a faulty AFM. Sad It came off the dyno Friday with 208rwhp later 2 find out the turbo was shot and had blown seals and the such. If i wanted 2 smoke salmon then i would keep the turbo on lets put it that way. I get my new turbo tomorrow and go in again for a retune in a few weeks 2 get some more power out of it.

The Build List:
1989 Aw11 4agze
20 Thou Oversized Arias Forged Pistons
New bearings Throughout
HKS 264 Degree 8.1mm Lift Intake and Exhaust Cames with Tomei Style Adjustable Gears
T25 Turbo from CA18DET Silvia
Custom Build Adsport Turbo Manifold (Thanks Adz)
EMS Stinger Engine Management
Bosch 044 Fuel Pump
Aw11 4age Intake manifold and Throttle
Standard 4agze injectors
RX7 Series 4/5 Intercooler With shroud removed
Custom 8 Puck Ceramic Clutch With Rebuilt TRD Pressure Plate
Oil Catch Can

Hardest part of the build for me was replacing the standard fuel pump with the Bosch pump. I recommend to any one doing the conversion use a hoist to remove the fuel tank. Because using a few jacks isnt fun.

Ill post up some pics as soon as i have a chance to take some more and upload the lot.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noice!! so whens the GT turbo going in Wink
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha i think im gonna have to get sick of the 4AGTE before i start a 3SGTE conversion Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the meantime, settle for a nice GT25 or small GT28 Wink
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOT!!! another aw11 4agte in the ranks. Very Happy good job man and nice HP figure. Smile
i am glad that my lil ride kept you inspired. now you will have to drive over here and take me for one... Wink Razz

oldcorollas, yes even i would someday like a gt25 or gt28. but it is suprising how nicely the little t25 goes with the 4agte. i got 142rwhp with only 7psi running the 4agze electronics (dunno what i get with current 12psi).

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 21:01]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 11 July 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done mate good to see another 4agte running arround...

I know what its like im going through the same issues atm with my build up (money being the biggest issue). I was interested that you were using stock gze injectors do you know how much % duty they were at when you made 208 rwhp????

I heard that replacing the fuel pump was a bit of a nightmare so im gonna leave it to some1 else gonna get it cleaned at the same time...
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 12 July 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt have a clue atm about the injector duty cycle i havent been game enought to plug my laptop into the ECU since i paid my hard earned cash on the tune i dont wanna fuck it up by playing around just yet LOL. Fitted the new turbo tonight man was the old one shot. Water and oil seals where shot and had atleast 4mm of shaft play Sad but all seems well so far with the new turbo on.

I was also surprised at the HP figure with the standard RX7 Cooler. So bring on a water to air and another few runs on the dyno.

Ohh if only everything was free Sad
Better start saving for my W2A setup

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 17:01]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 12 July 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 12 July 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 03:11

pics

indeed

yeah the rx7 core is a supprise you could allways turn it into a w/a intercooler then all you would need is a pump, heat exchanger and water pipes.

There is allways the option of putting an air/air core in the boot like i am atm if you dont use your boot normally..

Well when you get a chance or you get it retuned i would be interested in finding out your injector duty and if you are using a adjustable fuel pressure regulator...
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 13 July 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill try get some pics up in the next few days for you all. The car is kinda messy at the moment lol. Im using the Standard GZE Rising Rate Fuel Pressure regulator. The GZE Fuel rail works fine aswell. Ive read that you must use the GE one but that was not the case with my conversion. I have build up pics on my PC ill upload them as soon as i get a chance.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 13 July 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting gze fuel rail ill have to look at that when im doing my conversion. I suppose your not using the t-vis spacer then???
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 13 July 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At 208rwhp you would be in the upper limits of the injectors. Glad you got it on the road! I bet it's fun to drive. How does it drive with the stinger?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 05:10]

MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 13 July 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i am using the tvis bracket with all the butterflys removed.
Ill ask the tuner when i see him about the injector duty im not game atm to even plug my laptop into my ecu. LOL

Pics up soon i promise Smile
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 19 July 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics for You All.
The build up:

Go Here for The Pics
http://www.geocities.com/herringp03/

I will try to get pics of the completed engine bay for you guys and gals asap. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 19 July 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice looking pics man

would you be able to take a picture of your inlet manifold closer up with all the wires tubes etc all connected????
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 20 July 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill try take some tonight for ya. The stinger does not use the cold start injector so its just bolted in until i can make up a block off plate.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 20 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers.

how is the driveability with the stinger cold start a/c on etc etc???
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Wed, 20 July 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car starts perfect in the morning running the stinger if not better than the stock ecu did. Runs alot smoother and is better to drive than the gze was on stock management. I do not have airconditioning anymore. When i did the turbo conversion we removed the compressor and other components from the car.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Sun, 24 July 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, our cars have been upgraded patty, I think it's time for another run.....
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 25 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice avatar hehe was that wat you got upto with ur semi broken diff adam.
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 25 July 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to take some more pics of the completed setup for you all now.
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 25 July 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some more pics guys and gals of the completed engine bay.

Note: I still have to give it a good clean up and put some more wires in tubeing.

Im hopeing to get a good Tax return so bring on the GT2530 Smile

http://www.geocities.com/herringp03/completed/
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Mon, 25 July 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the pics i think ill need some shit im missing for my conversion hrrm i think ill have to dig arround the garage a bit.....
MR2MK1SC
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 26 July 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah if you need a hand with the conversion at all just post in here or pm me and ill try help out with information or pics.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Completed 4AGTE MR2 In WA Tue, 26 July 2005 21:56 Go to previous message
wicked cheers ill definatley take you up on that
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:YOGI8U 4A 20valve TURBO TA22Celica
Next Topic:TOYOTA CLASSIC 1974 RT104-MFQG GT2000
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-