Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Tue, 26 July 2005 23:58 Go to next message
Hey guys im a total newby here. Im looking into swapping to the darkside from my vl turbo past Wink
Im looking at doing a ke55 conversion but im covering all my bases before i start.
So yeah my question is can one of you guys measure the length of your ke55 diff so i can get a rough idea of how i will attack the diff replacement/shortening job.
Thanks in advance guys Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 05:38]

Send a private message to this user    
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE55 diffs are 1350mm from wheel mounting face to wheel mounting face.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit wider dude, its more like 1370 - 1380 depending how good u are at measuring
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys i really appreciate your help Smile
im chopping a vl diff to use seeing as i have a disc lsd one laying around.
so yeah i plan on running 15" commodore wheels. im going to have to get commodore struts in the front somehow.

does anybody have a length of the front struts from top to stub axle handy?

sorry i know this is a pain lol
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also some basic measurements from the radiator support to the firewall. and width of the usable engine bay Smile
i owe you boys!

rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump:) please ke55 owners Smile i need your help^^^
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff Wed, 27 July 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what im hoping to fit in Smile
about 550hp worth of rb25/30
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/duz360/IMG_0394_2.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 05:36]

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are you located.
If you're in NSW then you won't get it registered.

Search the forum for EMP-2tg's KE30. He just finished fitting a 1G-GTE. Might be similar to what you are planning.

Edit: Just did some quick measuring of my KE30.
Radiator support panel to firewall is approx. 720mm.
Strut tower to strut tower is approx. 800mm

These are rough measurements.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 06:02]

rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have spoken to both the rta and an engineer today and they both told me that capacity increase of 15% is legal without an engineers certificate and anything over that can be registered once the engineer has passed it. so its looking good on that front.
i will probably cut the entire trans tunnel out and replace it with one from a vl.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 06:16]

rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
much appreciated mate Smile
720mm is the exact lenghth of my engine. minor mods will probably have to be made,no biggie:)
also the radiator support unbolts from these cars doesnt it?allowing the engine to be instaled from the front rather than dropped in from above?
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the NSW RTA's "guidelines for light vehicle modification" the biggest engine with forced induction you can put into a vehicle originally fitted with a 4cyl or rotary and weighing less than 1100kg is worked out by multiplying the tare weight of the car by 2.5. this will give you an engine capacity in ml's (cc's).

KE55's weigh around 900kg which gives you a max engine capacity for forced induction of 2250cc's.

Anything bigger than this will probably need to be engineered as an idividually constructed vehicle (icv) which then has to meet all the current ADR's.

If you want a copy of the guidelines I can email it to you.

If you do go ahead and get it registered though it would be an awesome little car Cool .

BTW I added some measurements to my previous post. Hope they are usefull.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radiator support bolt's in Very Happy .
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i noticed your measurements magically appear lol:)
if you could email me that would be great. your being a great help:)
ps its funny i got a conflicting story when i rang the rta today
leighdnb@yahoo.com.au
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found the link dude on the rta site Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 06:41]

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Email sent.
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you are 100% correct Crying or Very Sad boohoo.
so i either do it as a individually constructed vehicle.or get me a dead rb20 block and borrow its numbers Evil or Very Mad
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a look at the RTA website. Last time I looked I couldn't find the guidelines but they appear to be updated. So it seems I have sent you an old copy Embarassed .
I'm going back to read them both and see if anything has been changed.
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man its still the same unfortunately for me. what so bad about a mild 350rwkw engine in a ke55? Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 09:42]

gr8r-x
Regular

September 2004
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rb30 boy wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 17:40

nah ma its still the sam unfortunately for me. what so bad about a mild 350rwkw engine in a ke55? Sad

Haha!! Awesome.. Aside from the fact that your power:weight is close to 1:2! Get it up to 1:1 and I'll be really impressed. Very Happy

Also, you MIGHT have trouble getting that through the front rad. support area. Just have to go in more from the top, easy enough.
rb30 boy
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: help please:) measurements of ke55 diff/engine bay Wed, 27 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous message
lol 1:1 is time to fit wings!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Recaro SR3 AE86 Question
Next Topic:HKS F-con on MAP engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:55:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069670677185059 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.