Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Probs. With Firing in 3TC Wed, 27 July 2005 02:36 Go to next message
right this is really getting on my nerves!! im having probs with it cause its firing on 3 cylinders, well it sounds like it anyway, but its actualy firing on all 4, i've timed it right and everything and i just cant figure it out so if anyone can help i would apriciate it

Cheers Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Probs. With Firing in 3TC Wed, 27 July 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inspected the dizzy cap? replace the cap and rotor, see how that goes, they probably need replacing anyway if you havent allready

replacing the points prolly wouldnt hurt either
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Probs. With Firing in 3TC Wed, 27 July 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this is probly already done but have a look for exhaust leaks and also make sure you have the plug leads on right. You are not being very clear about what is wrong. It sounds like you just don't like the sound of it running and no doubt it also is running like crap but you know it fires on all pots. Is the vac advance on the dizzy ok? Just go through all thwe options and you will track down what the problem is eventually.

Replace as needed all sparky bits from dizzy to plugs... Can't hurt to do it.
Jezza
Regular

June 2002
Re: Probs. With Firing in 3TC Wed, 27 July 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have no luck with fixing up the spark do a comp test, see if the suspect cylinder is low on comp, if it is, squirt a lil oil into the suspect cylinder and retest the comp. if it returns to a better level u have screwed rings, if not, u have a screwed valve or h/g leak

fwiw, i cracked a valve spring in my 2tc, was resting on the edge of the seat the springs sit in, so was idling ok, but once it hit 2000rpm it was missing on that cyl, took some work to figure out Confused
roids70
Regular

April 2005
Re: Probs. With Firing in 3TC Wed, 27 July 2005 08:46 Go to previous message
i found it!!! one of the exhaust valves was stuck open, dunno how but it just was, so i hit it with a mallet and it freed up,so that got that fixed, idels like a dream now!!
thanx for all your sugestions

Cheers sean
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2jzgte models and sump positions
Next Topic:a\c bracket for 2tgeu
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:26:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056300163269043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.