Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
7mgte turbo oil return fitting Fri, 17 January 2003 14:40 Go to next message
need the turbo oil return line fitting that mounts to the block just behind the oil filter adapter - 7mgte obviously

cheers
ed
  Send a private message to this user    
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sat, 18 January 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mounts to the block or behind oil filter ?
Which one?

Marty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sat, 18 January 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im after the fitting that mounts 'directly to the block'

'where' it mounts is just behind the oil filter assembly - say 3 inches back.

the shape of the fitting on the block is diamond shaped, with 2 bolts on opposite sides.

cheers
ed

TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sat, 18 January 2003 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have a look in my box of bits.
Not sure whether I have one or not,but I do know they are $272 or something like that new from toyota.

marty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sun, 19 January 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool,

well, gotta say im not thinking of spending $200 on a little fitting! im using an GTE block for an NA engine, and currently theres a redundant (turbo) hole in the side of the block that needs plugging - and i dont have the fitting. really just want the fitting so i can block the hole off.

maybe make some doover that i can use that hole as a return line for in the future, but nothing fancy.

cheers
ed
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sun, 19 January 2003 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough.
$2 bit of plate with a couple of holes sounds like the go then.

marty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sun, 19 January 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh for sure! $2 bit of plate with holes is option #2... just wanted to see if i could get the original fitting first, thats all. would prefer it, as it could serve as an oil drain in the future.

if you do have one marty, depends what you want for it of course, but id like to get my hands on one!

cheers
ed
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Sun, 19 January 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Ed
Should have said "no I don't have one" as well.
Thought I did but, was 13B rotary.

sorry

marty
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Tue, 21 January 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aren't these plates the same on all the "M" blocks, my 2m had one, 4m's have them, m y 5mge has one. I have a spare if you want it. I'll discount the toyota price, how's $271.99 sound? email me if you'd like it.

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Tue, 21 January 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what ive seen, the 7mgte is the only m block that has this particular oil mount on the block actually machined open. on the 2m, 4m, 5m etc, the block remains unmachined at that point, though there is allowance for it in the block casting. also, it would seem that this plate is of a different shape to the other oil outlet on the m blocks (ie the one UNDER the oil filter).

cheers
ed
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Tue, 21 January 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the plate is also the turbo oil feed and return in the one bit.

marty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Tue, 21 January 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i had my digi camera working!!

ed
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Wed, 22 January 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed,

why don't you do the plate way with a thick piece of steel or aluminium and then tap it with a 3/8 BSPT of similar so that you then have a screw in plug that may be replaced with a barbed 90deg fitting or whatever suits your needs?

This will just be the most flexible arrangement that I can think of!

Hope that you are well.

Jas
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Wed, 22 January 2003 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jas!! long time no see bud, whats doing?

yeah, the quick, simple alloy fab option is too easy. but thought it wouldnt hurt to throw it to the crowd see if anyone had one lying about before i made one Smile

hehehe...you know i STILL havent gotten around to flycutting those damn pistons! have to finish ALL of the headwork first *phew* before i can finally calculate the piston/valve clearances Sad

hand finishing the head is a right PITA... and guess who doesnt have the cash to pay anyone to do my stem height / shim tolerances. hello 20hours of pain.

anyway.. hope your good!

later
ed
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Wed, 22 January 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are two different ones of these pipes available, depending upon whether you have the early or late model 7M-GTE.
Late models have slightly lower exhaust manifold and shorter pipe. They also go to different locations on the block. The models swap around the oil pressure sensor l;ocation with the oil supply to turbo location on the block.

I have an early model pipe available, but I think i'd better sell it to the guy buying my CT26.

I agree with the blanking hole off idea.
Runx T Sport
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: 7mgte turbo oil return fitting Thu, 23 January 2003 08:06 Go to previous message
I have got one ..How much do you want to pay for it. I'm on the Gold coast
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter bumper indicator
Next Topic:WTD: JZX81 Chaser radiator
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 16:16:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072510242462158 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.