Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Starting problems?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Starting problems? Wed, 27 July 2005 07:23 Go to next message
Sometimes when i go to start my car, especially just after running it or the stero has been going with the engine turned off all that happens is you can hear the solinoid tick over but the starter doesnt kick over. Again it only happens occasionally.

Any ideas?
Ohh its an 89 soarer GT limited.
  Send a private message to this user    
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Starting problems? Wed, 27 July 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to reqire starter relay or starter overhaul.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
icon13.gif  Re: Starting problems? Wed, 27 July 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh lovely Crying or Very Sad
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like what buzz said you might need a starter relay, the same thing happen to me, if you go down to an auto electrician they should only charge you $30-$50 on a starter relay, all the relay does is send direct power to your starter to start. Try a relay first before you do a starter overhaul.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manual or auto dude? is anyone else thinking what im thinking.... if its an auto it could be the inhibitor switch.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 04:53]

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was inhibitor switch the solenoid wouldn't click.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 18:39

interesting, but ive got an inhibitor switch problem and hear a tick when i turn it on but doesent start, give the t bar a big of a push and she comes to life though, so perhaps its a different electrical ticking initially, fuel pump relay etc... just thought it was a possibility. Either that or im way off as usual...

Chris
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its an auto. Just started thinking about the neutral/parking swithc last night after i posted. I think this may be it. Today i started in neutral one time and it did the some thing where it would just look like it would start. i.e the dash turned off, the solinoid clicked etc. but the engine just didnt turn over. It just took a couple goes and then she fired up.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next time it does it, shove it in park, and push further foward while still holding the key to start position, if still nothing hold the key in and move the t-bar around. If it starts, well great, ur inhibitor switch needs adjusting, thats an easy fix. If not well.. back to where u were.

Chris
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Starting problems? Thu, 28 July 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks chris, i'll give it a go and let you guys know whats happening.

Thanks again
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Starting problems? Fri, 29 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like chris had it in one! Put the key in start, didnt go so i just pushed forward slightly on the shifter, and WHAMMMMMMMMM, there she went.
SO i guess now what i need to know is, what do i do now?

Thanks
Rob
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Starting problems? Fri, 29 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous message
chrisellis wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 19:51

BradW wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 18:39

interesting, but ive got an inhibitor switch problem and hear a tick when i turn it on but doesent start, give the t bar a big of a push and she comes to life though, so perhaps its a different electrical ticking initially, fuel pump relay etc... just thought it was a possibility. Either that or im way off as usual...

Chris

Quote:

looks like chris had it in one! Put the key in start, didnt go so i just pushed forward slightly on the shifter, and WHAMMMMMMMMM, there she went.
SO i guess now what i need to know is, what do i do now?

Thanks
Rob

Looks like you weren't "way off as usual" Chris Wink .
Well done Very Happy .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what hi-po coil for 18RG elec dizzy
Next Topic:knocking noise in engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 12:31:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052120685577393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.