Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sun, 19 January 2003 04:08 Go to next message
The head gasget went on my 5m so I decided to put in a 7mgte.
The 5m is almost complete but comes with the 7m oil pan, also included is the loom and ecu.
The 7m I bought is a low mileage jap import and came with an auto trans that i dont need.
Will take best offer in the next couple of days.
Can deliver anywhere between adelaide and the Barossa
  Send a private message to this user    
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sun, 19 January 2003 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you tell me what model is the auto please?...and whats it worth to you, i need something cheap as i would have to ship it up to brisbane
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sun, 19 January 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure, is it stamped on it anywhere. all i know is it bolts up to an M block.
I dont really want to sell it too cheap as I need money to finish the wiring
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sun, 19 January 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50 for the 5me?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 20 January 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robbo
If I dont get a better offer in the next couple of days you're welcome to have the 5m for 50 but you will need to pay for the shipping to brissy.

(though I may be able to work out a deal with my mates at a local trucking company)

Celicamad85
The same goes for you. How much are you willing to pay including shipping?

ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 20 January 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey wat is wrong with the engine? Overheated and cracked the head or blew the hg? Typical 5me problems...
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 20 January 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about i give you $50 and ill go halves with rob in the postage as he lives near me anyway
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 20 January 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows that going to work? Celica do you want the 5me or 7m trans? um i dont know wat id want off the 5me...just some things for spares to keep me going if something goes wrong until the new engine is built i spose...
how much do u recon post would be?
blake

[Updated on: Mon, 20 January 2003 11:20]

7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 20 January 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Id want a little more than $50 for the trans they sell them for $450 usually at Jap motorsport (where I got the new engine and trans) so around the $200 would be nice.

The 5ME has a blown a gasget, I never let it get too hot so the head shouldn't be cracked. I kinda want to keep the starter motor as spare, is that a problem?
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Tue, 21 January 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i just want the transmission can you find out how much the freight will be ?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Tue, 21 January 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill get onto it
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Wed, 22 January 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep whatever you need. What actually happened to the 5me?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Thu, 23 January 2003 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The starter motor is the only thing Ill keep.

It just started to use heaps of water, The the car has done nearly 200 000 kms and was starting to burn just a bit of oil so I decided rather than spend money on getting the gasget replaced use it as an exuse to put in the 7M.

It does still run quite well, the car sat in the shed for a month or 2 while I saved up for the 7m and still started first go when I drove it up to my mates place to do the swap Smile
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Thu, 23 January 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my decision also rests in the hands of celica...i wont pay the freight alone for a complete engine..for a 5me its really not worth it..
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Thu, 23 January 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough, though Ive been talking to a couple of people, havent got a price yet but it should be fairly cheap, mayby as low as a carton of beer (its not what you know its who you know) Very Happy
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Fri, 24 January 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said...depends on how much freight is
2QIKMX83
Regular

May 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Fri, 30 May 2003 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEED 5ME HEAD DO U STILL HAV IT?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sat, 31 May 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure do I can send you just the head if you want to pay the freight from adelaide
Sam99
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Sun, 01 June 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the auto have the speed sensor in it - it attaches to the LHS of the gearbox extension with one bolt and has either 2 or 3 wires coming from it depending on whether the car was equipped with ABS (3 wires) or not (2 wires). In both cases they have a 3 wire connector on the end of them. If you do have a 3 wire sensor I'll give you $25 for it and pay the postage to Perth. Just selling the sensor shouldn't reduce the price you'll get for the auto.
Thanks, Sam
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 02 June 2003 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep Its a three wire

PM me your details and Ill post it to you COD
Sam99
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 02 June 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have sent you an email with my address etc.

Cheers, Sam
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Tue, 03 June 2003 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chance you've got a air-con compressor for sale?
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Wed, 04 June 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude

I'd be interested in the dizzy the plate under it and the the coil and ingnitor. Basically everything I need to have electric ignition on my 4M

I'll give you $30 for all that.

Luke
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Thu, 05 June 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stitt, PM me your details and Ill send it to you COD for $30+postage on monday when I send stuff to Sam and wilbo on tuesday (sorry for being so slack but Im busy this week)

about the head and compressor how do you want me to send these to you guys? it will cost a fair bit to post but I am willing sell them fairly cheap.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2003 04:41]

7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Mon, 16 June 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump!

anyone else interested in 5M parts or the auto trans?

most of the parts are still here and its all negotiable!
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 5ME for parts , auto trans off 7m Tue, 17 June 2003 00:15 Go to previous message
I'm in adelaide dude and I have a bunch of truck i/c cores if you want to swap a core for the trans. I even have one I recon would fit as is (I'll put tanks on it to suit).

My email is sgannon@mmal.com.au

Drop me a line and maybe we can work something out.

Sean
Eden Hills
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Vic Rego FS: YDROOL
Next Topic:Soarer 1UZFE ECU
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:28:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050351619720459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.