Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 09:17 Go to next message
Just looking to find out which 1/2 cut to look to buy fitted with a 1uzfe??? Most likely just keep it a auto

1uzfe to fit in a,,,,,,

Hilux/surf with IFS.

Hilux 89/2004 non IFS.

Hilux 2WD 89/2004.

Landcruiser 1990/1995 (Just in my price range)

Looking for a new project/daily driver and like keeping my options open or I could just fit in my 93 2WD Hilux and not use the 1g-gze as planed.

It seems the crown front cut is the most common to use for its simple wiring but has a mid sump that requires a lot of work to fit?.

My question is, what other jap inport 1/2 cut uses other types of sumps and fits the above with the least sump mods.And no, not paying $600 for just a sump!!!

Also does anyone have pictures/diagrams to help me make my own?

Thanks for your help, great site!
Rich
PS Anyone else have a cheap sump for me to play with and mod while I wait for a engine????
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the big question here is if you want 4WD or 2WD?

There is alot of performance difference between a 1300 odd kg 2WD hilux and a 2300 odd kg 100 series cruiser!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep it 2WD - makes it nice and simple.

iuzfe would fit in the hilux bay (you would have to check width)

a few people on here have done 1jzgte conversions into hiluxes...
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ does fit in hilux, sideshow did it. He can advise the correct sump too, maybe do a search on his posts and you will find the info you need.
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know I want a Hilux or mayby a Cruiser but I don't know what type??????.

I know if I just convert my 2WD Hilux it will be light and fast but only carry 1 passenger and as I like to camp/fishing/4WD/tow I think it is time to get a heavy 4WD that I can put all my gear in.

I like the 1uzfe for its power and fuel economy and think if even with a heavy cruiser I can still afford to use it as a daily driver especially with fuel prices on the way up.

Rich
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put a Surf body on your 2WD chassis with a 1UZ and dump it in the weeds.

Cool
joeninety
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a bloke who looked at putting a 1uz in a hilux but said that no one was willing to engineer it (certificate) so he put a 308 in as it is a common conversion and easy to engineer.Also 1uz does'nt like water crossings as it has to much electronic stuff hanging off it.Thats as it was told to me. Hope it is some help to you.
cheers joe
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt the 1fz-fe pop up in the 90's landcruiser?

http://img286.echo.cx/img286/6374/bdt2psivpwr3dm.jpg

??????????

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 10:43]

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a hilux

crown 1uz is easy to fit mechanically

bastard to wire up if u go for auto and want it done nice

lexus or soarer 1uz hard to fit mechanically but easy to wire up due to only 1 ecu

i got a castlemaine rod shop sump and it fits easy but u need a custom made front swaybar after that or a 2003 swaybar might fit

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Wed, 27 July 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avoid Landcruisers if you can only just afford to buy the thing, as any parts/panels/etc. you need for the thing will cost you multiple times what Hilux parts will.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Thu, 28 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richrider: What you are wanting to do is exactly the same as myself 2 years ago. I wanted a 4WD that would tow my small boat for camping etc. no problems and be a bit of fun on the road still. The transplant car I settled on was a Bundera and the engine I wanted to use was the 1UZ. I imported the car from Japan then while it was coming over I decided to change from 1UZ to 1JZGTE.

In hindsight if you are going to do a bit of camping etc. a Bundera is too impracticle due to it's small size, limited room to carry all your gear. If I could go back 2 years Id get a 90 or 91 model surf with the 2LT engine (2.4 turbo diesel) and fit a 1UZ or 2JZGTE running factory ECU.

If manual is your thing you need the R150f or R151f, this gearbox is strong, has off the shelf bellhousings to suit the 2J or 1UZ and is found in the that model surf I mentioned. If auto is your style im pretty sure those turbo diesel surfs have A34x series so you shouls be able to bolt a suitable bellhousing up but im not sure with the wiring, sideshow is the man for this. Pulling 300kW out of my Bundera teh auto would have been a much better option.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Thu, 28 July 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does any one know if the r150f in the V6 4runners bolts up to the 1uz or does it require the bellhousing to be changed?
Also where do you buy the bellhousings from?

I'm not planning anything yet but it would be interesting to know.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Thu, 28 July 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id say no, the R150f with the V6 housing will not bolt up to 1UZ.

Castlemaine Rod Shop seem to make the best housings. I know they make a 1UZ to R154 housing, the problem is the R154 has a 190mm long input shaft compared to the 160mm of the R150f.

However you can definitley get a suitable bellhousing from Dellow.
Richrider
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Sat, 30 July 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, the surf might be the go. Getting cheap now also which can only be a good thing!. That Little cuiser of yours would be a handfull in the wet Razz
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1uzfe in Hiluz/Surf/Crusier Sun, 31 July 2005 23:51 Go to previous message
I bought my car 2 years ago, at that time 2LT surfs were over 10k, my cruiser only cost me 7k, I havent looked but id say the surfs are only around 7k now. The price and the fact I thought you couldnt get surfs with the R15Xf box were the reasons I didnt do a surf conversion, as I said regretting it now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cant get full throttle
Next Topic:alternator questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:11:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04133415222168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.