Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Wed, 27 July 2005 06:20 Go to next message
Hi

I just got my hands on a haltech e6x from a mate....I have never had any experience with wiring up this sort of thing so im after some pointers or possibly someone who can help me out, someone who lives in perth maybe.

Any base maps that people might have writen that i can work off or wiring diagrams would be appreciated as i have basically thrown myself in the deep end Rolling Eyes and now have to sort this shit out...

hope someone can help out

thanx

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Wed, 27 July 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Download the manual from the Haltech website.

Once you have done this I can scan the colour wiring diagram and email to you.

Question is didnt your mate already supply you with the manual and E6X wiring diagram?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Wed, 27 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got a printed out manual off him but the harness has been cut and different plugs were put on....so im a bit stuck...like i know what the wires go to but not which wire does what...so i just need someone to explain this to me as if to a child Wink like..some of the plugs only fit certain sensors so they are fine but some of the wires i have no idea what they do..

if u have had some experience with this i would appreciate your help

cheers

Adam
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Wed, 27 July 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the price of a haltech i would take it to a pro

theyre too easy to fuk up

sounds like u dont know how to do any type of wiring

it doesnt matter where the wires are connected now because thats the old engine

just cut the wires and plugs off and start with the diagram and run them to the corresponding new positions

good luck with it hehehehe
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Wed, 27 July 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the thing is that some of the plugs are still the standard haltech ones that plug into the haltech sensors that your supposed to get with the kit...so they are ok its only the ignition , igniters and coils thats a problem...and the best quote i got is 600 to wire it and another 300 to tune...so bugger that...i just need a color wiring diagram and ill be ok .

bah i dunno

Adam
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Thu, 28 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea have a go, its definatley do-able!
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Thu, 28 July 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cri_ag have u done this before? Also anyone have a color wiring diagram? I know its doable ...anything is...its just the first time you do it that its a bit of a bitch to do..

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Thu, 28 July 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as you have the existing Haltech supplied flying lead all the wires will be colour coded. The wiring diagram with the colours and their purpose is in the back of the users manual.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Thu, 28 July 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, its possible.... pain in the arse though, so many wires to just bundle up and leave in the corner.

But yes...
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Installing Haltech e6x - 4age Thu, 28 July 2005 12:55 Go to previous message
i havent personaly done a haltech but i just finished a microtech and was fairly stoked the way it came out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:metal headgaskets, why bother?
Next Topic:Turbo for ST162 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:54:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069429874420166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.