Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » wats wrong wiv ma girl's car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mithy
Regular

April 2005

wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Wed, 27 July 2005 15:42 Go to next message
just thought i'd chuck a post up and see if anyone can help before we take it somewhere to check on it.
She drives this.. idunno maybe 95 model honda civic sedan thingo. completely stocko. automatic. Its actually her mums car so yea, u get the picture.
Anyway, there is this really fkn random noise that seems to be coming somewhere from outside the drivers side window. Therefore, probably either the front right wheel or rear right
As far as we can tell, it happens completely randomly, suddenly starting, and ending suddenly. It seems to start only during sometime when she has the accelerator depressed some amount, and the only thing that always switches it off is braking, and not lightly, but like, moderate pressure level, like slowing-down-at-the-lights braking.
It sounds like... umm.. like as if there is a screwdriver with its' tip in the spokes of the rim and it's going rat tat tat tat, although she swears that u cant feel anything on the pedals or on the car as if it's slowing down or anything.
I havnt really got down on my knees n checked it out - any ideas of things to check in addition to the obvious??
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Wed, 27 July 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheel bearings maybe?
trdcmy
Regular

July 2005
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe a cv joint
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah...sounds like the cv joints!!
does it happen whne you turn the wheel and accelerate aswell?
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 01:42

she swears that u cant feel anything on the pedals or on the car as if it's slowing down or anything.

Rolling Eyes female
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a car once that had these two prongs that stuck out from the anti rattle shims in the calipers. One of them got bent so it scraped on the inside of the wheel and made a f'in annoying tapping noise.
That would explain why it goes away when she brakes?
LeaThaL
Regular

June 2005
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that sounds like my celica, when i got new tyres put on, this little defector thing comming of the stone deflector got bent and was touching the back of the rim, and cause it had a weight on there from the balance it would tap at it while i was driving, yours could be just in deeper or somthing to that effect Razz
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If it's got hub caps take them off & go for a drive... just a suggestion... was the cause of a funny noise on my ex's car,

other than that if it happens mainly when she is turning i'd suggest CV joints... mine are going nuts ATM... Confused
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeing as you said using the brakes gets rid of the noise i would say the pads are not fully disengaging from the discs, and are slightly touching on the disc creating the sound?
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooo lots of suggestions! thanks guys!

When i check it out on the weekend i'll see wat it actually is n then whoever got it rite gets a prize Very Happy lol

would be funny if it was the hub cap...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 01:42

She drives this.. idunno maybe 95 model honda civic sedan thingo. completely stocko. automatic.

theres your problem right there

edit: Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 07:36]

Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: wats wrong wiv ma girl's car? Thu, 28 July 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
Kia Rio's make these sought of noises when the rims crack.

Pieces of crap Razz

-Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE70 drift
Next Topic:anyone from nz in here ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:01:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069649219512939 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.