Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 12:50 Go to next message
Does anybody know if you can get replacement globes for ur dials...-ones that light the speedo up ect at auto parts stores... Im after blue ones instead of the ol' skool greenish yellow that currently illuminates my dials..
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay, all you need are the little rubber condom type covers for the globes...

And yes, auto parts shops should stock them...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 22:56

okay, all you need are the little rubber condom type covers for the globes...

And yes, auto parts shops should stock them...

indeed we do. Smile
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool... protected bulbs... but they are green to start with so I dont see this working.... but if I can get the bulbs at a store in blue thats sweet...
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure that navara make the dash globes in different colour and they all so make the condoms for them. But you wont be able to get navara stuff from super cheap cause they dont stock it
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some (most) toyotas have a green plastic filter in the cluster you will have to remove first if your after bling bling blue
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
surely though these kinds of places stock factory replacement bulbs no...? and since many cars use blue illumination I thought they should be fairly common.... when I get a chance I will suss repco n that out.. anyway.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took my cluster apart and theres three bulbs that I want to change from green to blue..... theres no cover or anything that makes the colour, its dependent on the globes... so thats not a problem.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really? My globes had a green condom on them
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Wed, 27 July 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i'm interested in doing this too!

i just havent worked out how to get into the instrument cluster of my car! Do i need to remove the whole dash?

any tips?

deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phew, got my dash out, and they have condoms on them too

time to get new condoms! judging by the price of most things, i'm assumin these condoms will cost as much as blue globes! Razz

DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh after a closer inspection I realised that mine had the condom aswell..... too easy.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh no doubt.... they'd only be worth like 5 cents though.... lets see how much they really are but... Rolling Eyes
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I imagine LED ones to be the best.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narva make the plain white globes and i think they come in artic blue i'm pretty sure. i think the dash cluster globes take the small T-5mm globes.

you can put the condoms over them, but if u want blue, the blue condoms kind of turn out green Rolling Eyes

LED replacements would be the best, narva do them. We sell this stuff at repco.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool.... what type of prices are these narva LED globes selling for....?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about $3.00 each. not too bad. but they will have to order them in. dont really keep that stuff on the shelf.

Just ask to look through the narva catalog. page 76 Very Happy
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn!

i went and got these blue condoms, about $2.50 at repco

then i put them in, and now my lights are whiteish!

no sign of blueness at all!

do these LED globes come in the same holder etc.?

Might be the better option

I gotta go open mine up again, i forgot to connect the Signal lights :@

deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just went and changed em all

i had 4 globes that needed replacing

A pair costs $8.95 at MALZ and Super Cheap Auto
A pair, with 3 little led's (brighter light apparently) is $11.95

So $22.50 later (stupid condoms waste of money), my lights are all nice and bright blue!

Just make sure you get the positive and negatives on the led's or they dont work as i'm sure most of you know anyway

EDIT: guys, don't waste your time and money on those condoms

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 07:20]

KLR16V
Regular

September 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a packet of six blue silicon globe cover things (like condoms) for $2.50 at repco west ryde

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, how did the leds turn out?
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICSORBAN
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i couldn't post pics up earlier, as it was daytime so it wasn't very visible

Took her for a spin just then, it looks OK. Not as good as i expected, the illumination doesn't disperse very well, and the tops are poorly illuminated.

Can only get pics up tomorrow night now. I might go see if i can return my single LED ones, for the 3 led lights

might be brighter

one thing i noticed, my illumination dimmer switch has stopped working now??? does this have to do with the LED's? or is it seperate, and thus causing my lack of light?

DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Thu, 28 July 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the frangahz suck ahy... thanks for finding that out man... hehe. the price seems reasonable for the LEDS... gona sus em tommora...
cheers.... this post went well... lookin forward to seein these pics 'deeps'

Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 14:23]

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Fri, 29 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frangars fade too quick.

my last car was a lancer that had a red dash detail.... so i
went red frangars.... within 3-4weeks they werepinkish going white.

go led's. or install a coloured lighting gell / cellophane behind your guage faces.

the gels are built for these temps
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Fri, 29 July 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty stoked.... went to Repco and found that they had just what I was looking for....
Got the 3 LED ones, made by monza or autotechnica..? forgot already... Razz
The lad at the shop warned me not to look at them when they are alite as they are really fuckin bright apparantly.... so Im confident that they should produce the effect Im after... Wink
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Fri, 29 July 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a look on fordmods forum they've got a few threads on the subject.
I'm pretty sure there's also a thread on how to make your own and also how to dim them. But you'll have to search the forum.
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Sat, 30 July 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got them in now..looks good... cant get pics though sorry.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Sat, 30 July 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, reading throught this thread, every second or third post has the word condom in it

Laughing
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: Does repco/autopro/superchap ect stock these? Sat, 30 July 2005 13:10 Go to previous message
yeh i tried to get photo's

they are so bad i'm not even going to bother

any tips on how to take em? flash ruins it, no flash seems to be black and dark as....

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:repair manual for a corolla
Next Topic:My new (home made) exhaust
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:35:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058839321136475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.