Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
icon2.gif  my engine isnt well :( Wed, 27 July 2005 14:02 Go to next message
hi i have a 3S-ge engine but this problem mighten just be the engine type

i gave my car a fair serving tonight (stupid me) and now when ever i put the clutch in while i'm coaxing along the the engine will just loose all revs and stall...but i can clutch start it straight away again.

i'm thinking this might be shit all through the fuel tank and injectors that mighta got sucked up when i reved the car but i'm not sure

also i'm having problems even just starting the engine. i can turn the key can here the starter motor click but nothing happens. alternator and all that is fine. replaced starter motor and that worked for a bit but it has started doing it again... have replaced coppper clips in the plunger side of starter motor, worked for a bit now doing it again???

i replaced spark plugs recently. could that be reason for any of my problems. any help or suggestions on what i should get fixed would be appreciated

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 07:45]

Send a private message to this user    
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Wed, 27 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i would have thought that giving it a flogging if anything would blast out some shit from your engine, not put more in. But i'm no expert.
Is your battery ok? Check your hose connections etc.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well chances are the starter motor has no bearing on the consistent stalling of the engine. Unless the starter motor is permanently engaged, which u would well and truly know about... To tell the truth, I dunno what style starter motor is for the 3SGE (reduction gear as opposed to direct drive), so I can't shed any light.

As for the consistent stalling, it could be fuel or ignition, but I'd be checking ignition first. Is it running well when above idle? Has it lost any power? shite being sucked from the fuel tank is unlikely, and if so, it shouldn't have reached the injectors. If you want to pursue that path, check the fuel filter first.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my situation is now as i've found out i cant actually start the car..... it seams to turn over and goes "boorfpp" and dies Sad
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checked your plugs?
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would put money on
1. bad earth
2. alternator farked

either of these have probably led to a dead battery.

Start the car with some jump leads, grab a multimeter and check the voltage from your alternator. Also check for excessive voltage across earth wires

Rob
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i put my old spark plugs back in (as i replaced them bout a 3 weeks ago but ran fine) and the car seams to be starting fine and running good

but i still have a knocking noise. not quite sure where its coming from though. might take it to one of my more mechanical minded friends
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I destroyed my crank thrust washers the engine would stall when I clutched in, as the force of the clutch was stalling the crank against the thrust face.

When it stalled I then too had no problem starting and driving the car as long as I didnt clutch in at engine idle speed i.e. 0 throttle.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP Thu, 28 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous message
ok took it to a mechanically minded freind as the knocking noise is kinda scaring me and he said it might be either

A: timing belt might be off
B: fly wheel might be loose or something
C: some rod in bottom of engine could be fucked

doing an oil change in next day or so to see if theres shit all through the oil

how much is it roughly to get these things replaced i know the timing belt is pretty easy. or if i can get any other suggestions what might be wrong.

the knocking noise is coming from right hand side of engine bay around the 4th piston/gearbox kind of area

the car is running extremely sluggish aswell??

any ideas
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:will ae86 suspension parts fit an ra23
Next Topic:Gearboxes for 4age in TA22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:09:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070149898529053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.