Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:06 Go to next message
Hey all. Well i decided to join the "people that buy things they don't need and then need to sell them cause we're idiots" list.

I have a set of 4 brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. These are std size, and since my engine builder and I have decided to go for a rebore, i need oversize ones. I bought them for $562.40 (still have the reciepts for them).

I'm looking for $500 firm.

EDIT: Price drop to $480. Cmon, i want these sold people.

EDIT: Final price drop to $450!!!!!!!

Pics:
http://img258.echo.cx/img258/4856/parts0032vh.th.jpg
http://img258.echo.cx/img258/9760/parts0044gh.th.jpg
http://img258.echo.cx/img258/2377/parts0053rj.th.jpg

Eddie.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 08:39]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Fri, 24 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 19:06

Hey all. Well i decided to join the "people that buy things they don't need and then need to sell them cause we're idiots" list.

OI! hahaha Laughing
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Fri, 24 June 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 19:26

Big T wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 19:06

OI! hahaha Laughing

Laughing I'm trying to follow in the footsteps of El' Prezidente who gets SOOOO much stuff he always manages to upgrade AFTER he's paid for it. Razz

Eddie.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Fri, 24 June 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, that's getting to be a big list! Laughing

Don't knock the system though, I've picked up a few nice bargains off the Prez, and sold off plenty of bit's & pieces that I've upgraded before using to various toymods members, for decent prices. Its a system we can all benifit from! Nod
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sat, 25 June 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are these forgies?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sat, 25 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes they are forged AND ceramic coated. Forgot to mention these are also the later model pistons so 8.9:1 compression.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Tue, 28 June 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Wed, 29 June 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For which version of GZE are these for. I've been told there are mach 1,2 and 3 versions which use different pistons. Very interested though.

~Cheers, Josh
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Wed, 29 June 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr*Beach wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 17:28

For which version of GZE are these for. I've been told there are mach 1,2 and 3 versions which use different pistons. Very interested though.

~Cheers, Josh

These particular pistons are for an AE92 GZE engine. AFAIK, the 2nd and 3rd gen pistons are identical with a 8.9:1 comp ratio. The earlier AW11 1st gen GZE pistons were different.

Eddie.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 June 2005 09:16]

Mr*Beach
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Thu, 30 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please give me the part numbers off these so I can check whether they are the ones i'm after. If they are, consider them sold. Cheers

~Josh
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Thu, 30 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piston Part no.: 1310 1161 3101

Rings Part no.: 1301 1162 10

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sun, 03 July 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump bump
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Mon, 04 July 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you thought about having the block/cylinders honed and re-sleeved and still using these?Or is the extra capacity(be it very little) a safer and more beneficial way to go?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Mon, 04 July 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 17:56

have you thought about having the block/cylinders honed and re-sleeved and still using these?Or is the extra capacity(be it very little) a safer and more beneficial way to go?

I was given this option of resleeving and rehoning the bores instead of an overbore. We discussed it a bit and in the end, i asked "what would you do if it was your engine?" He said if you want a basic rebuild.. you can resleeve. If you want it BRAND new... rebore it. End of story.

That and i've already ordered the next set of oversize pistons Razz
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Wed, 06 July 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump... cmon, there must be someone rebuilding a gze somewhere or someone building a turbo 4age.

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sat, 09 July 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
TOFU86
Regular

May 2005
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sun, 10 July 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have pm Surprised
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons with rings. Sun, 10 July 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm replied
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 11 July 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop to $480.
cando1
Regular

April 2005
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Thu, 14 July 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have pm
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Thu, 14 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pm replied.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Sat, 16 July 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP!!!!!!!!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 18 July 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody hell this disappears off the page fast.

BUMP!

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Thu, 21 July 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Fri, 22 July 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would any1 buy normal sized pistons if ur doing an engine rebuild?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Fri, 22 July 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because the bore wear would be within tolerance ranges Rolling Eyes If you know nothing of rebuilding, why post?

Eddie.
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Fri, 22 July 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Eddie,

Pending the results of my engine machining or lack there of, I will be very interested in these.

My machining will hopefully be beginning to happen on monday...

Good luck in the meantime,

Jezza
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Fri, 22 July 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem Jezza. Just let me know if you need them.

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 25 July 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpy bumpy
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 25 July 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya Eddie,

Looks like i wont be needing these man.

Sorry...

Good luck with the sale too!

Regards,

Jezza
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 25 July 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries mate. Smile

Still for sale people!!!

Eddie.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 25 July 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell me u can slot these things into my celica and i'll buy it
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Tue, 26 July 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 09:09

tell me u can slot these things into my celica and i'll buy it

You can slot these things into your celica then Razz

What engine do you have in there? These will fit ANY 4ag/z/e except for the 1st generation bigport 4age.

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Wed, 27 July 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP!!!!!!!!!
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Thu, 28 July 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sge?
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Thu, 28 July 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huh?!? You can't just put any piston into any engine. The 3sge bore is 86mm. The 4age bore is 81mm. Do the math.

I thought you at least had a 4a engine in there!!!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Sat, 30 July 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump damnit!!!!!!!!
boog
Regular

April 2005
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 01 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much difference is there between the series 1 and the rest ???? im just bout to but a 4age that he doesnt no anything about it and im wanting to build a turbo motor if you can tell me that i giv you $45 0 for them ?????????
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Mon, 01 August 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boog wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 21:15

how much difference is there between the series 1 and the rest ???? im just bout to but a 4age that he doesnt no anything about it and im wanting to build a turbo motor if you can tell me that i giv you $45 0 for them ?????????

I'm finding that difficult to understand. Clarify for me, are you asking about the 1st gen 4age or the 1st gen 4agze pistons?

And are you offering $450 for them?

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Tue, 02 August 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. PRICE DROP Fri, 05 August 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final price drop to $450. You won't find these cheaper ANYWHERE!!!

Eddie.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!! Mon, 08 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
trd-16l
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!! Mon, 08 August 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM sent
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!! Wed, 10 August 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOLD!!!
DanielGVisser
Regular

August 2004
Re: FS: Brand new GZE pistons WITH rings. ANOTHER PRICE DROP!!! Wed, 10 August 2005 13:58 Go to previous message
if sale falls through, let me know asap
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: 4A-GZE FWD MANUAL BOX
Next Topic:7MGTE Auto Gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 22:54:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082521438598633 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.