Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Best brand of coilover springs?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 06:55 Go to next message
Anyone have any recommendations/unrecommendations? Or just go for whatever I can get for the best price?
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would say you cant go too wrong with King springs. They have an extensive range. Or eibach (spelling sorry).
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eibach, but there not cheap. kings are up there with most.
mick
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eibach - I agree with that as well
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bilstein!
TREO
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id go king springs with blistein shocks
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's SFA difference between brands. Just get whatever is available.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

There's SFA difference between brands

The workshop that works on my cars steering and suspension has examples of the range in spring rates they can get when they order a specific spring rate from XX brand. Not much of an issue most of the time, but these guys setup a lot of cars for the track and accurate spring rates are a little more crucial to handling/setup.

They find Eibach to be best/most consistent ie. you get what you order.

I use Eibach springs and Bisltein shock absorbers, works fine for me.

I have used King Spring on another car and I couldn't notice the difference, but my cars are just street cars with "fun" handling.

I purchased 20 or more custom wound springs from a shop in Sydney for a non automotive use and I was meant to get 4 different spring rates (ie 5 of each required spring rate). The spring rates were all totally different to what they were labelled, the consistency was shocking.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eibach
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 10:12

There's SFA difference between brands. Just get whatever is available.

Yeah there is. Teh colour man!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My king springs seen pretty good.
if u want pm me and u can try them out for yourself i just need new rear brake pads and it's good to go.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already have dampers (some reconditioned sw20 GAB gymkanas, might be too stiff but we'll see), and know I want 65mm id 250lb/ft 10" springs.

Kings coilover springs rrp at around $200 the pair IIRC; what should I expect to pay for Eibachs?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 14:26

My king springs seen pretty good.
if u want pm me and u can try them out for yourself i just need new rear brake pads and it's good to go.

Thanks for the offer Mookie, but I already have King lows in my car - same setup as you, just the crap Monroe GTs in your car haven't worn out as much as mine yet. They will Razz. I need 65mm ID linear coilover springs for my coilover conversion; have all the parts besides the srpings now.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Fri, 29 July 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prob $200 each,but i can ring and find out for you tommoro,unles i can find the invoice for the last set i bought,but it was at a discounted price as i bought 12 sets or 24 springs.
mick
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Sun, 31 July 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 18:47

prob $200 each,but i can ring and find out for you tommoro,unles i can find the invoice for the last set i bought,but it was at a discounted price as i bought 12 sets or 24 springs.
mick

If they are $200 each, i.e. $400 a pair, I think I'll go with Kings!
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Sun, 31 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My last pair of Eibachs i got for $135 each, and thats still their current price at that place.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Sun, 31 July 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$135 sound about right each!sorry have been busy Stefan,ill ring on monday morning for you.
mick
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Mon, 01 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you thought about whiteline? i've heard from a few mechanics that there supposed to be quite good and am probably going to put them into my celica in the not to distant future i've been quoted $158.18 for a pair, i can post the quote if you like or pm me for it.
just a thought
http://www.whiteline.com.au/
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Mon, 01 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nath437 wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 13:25

have you thought about whiteline? i've heard from a few mechanics that there supposed to be quite good and am probably going to put them into my celica in the not to distant future i've been quoted $158.18 for a pair, i can post the quote if you like or pm me for it.
just a thought

I looked at their site yesterday, actually. New purple coulored springs. I think the rrp was $129 each, and they were all 64mm ID springs... which is an odd size. Are these the same ones?
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Mon, 01 August 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 16:59

nath437 wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 13:25

just a thought

I looked at their site yesterday, actually. New purple coulored springs. I think the rrp was $129 each, and they were all 64mm ID springs... which is an odd size. Are these the same ones?

not sure my quote is a lil old, the product codes that i've got are 78808A and 72801A, its for an ST-162 celica if that helps
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Best brand of coilover springs? Mon, 01 August 2005 12:12 Go to previous message
Stefan wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 16:59

Nah 64mm isnt an odd size at all. Most 65mm springs are closer to 64mm anyway. Its 2 1/2" in the oldschool anyway/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Converting Ke25 to hyraulic clutch
Next Topic:JDM SW20 Seat Belt Compliance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:18:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092251300811768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.