Toymods » General Car Talk » stupid car things you have seen

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not when it only just got started. hehe rofl at the story its kinda funny.
  Send a private message to this user    
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More likely.. lucky not to chop of nuts in radiator fan... Knew there was a reason i'd left the shroud on!
Rolling Eyes
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More likely.. lucky not to chop of nuts in radiator fan... Knew there was a reason i'd left the shroud on!
Rolling Eyes

Mad ooops.. crap server here timed me out!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 07:02]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adamb131 wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 16:35

I only had time to jump onto the front bumper and into the engine bay before it crashed into the corner bricks of the house. When it impacted with the wall the hood fell down on me and the hood latch nailed me in the back. The car sat there for a while trying to bulldoze down the house till I could get through all bushes and stuff and turn it off.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

:roflcopter:
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing ...Dang... that is by far the craziest thing I have ever heard. I remove my hat and dub thee a crazy phucker!! That's whatcha get for hanging around fords though Wink

ever been in a car trying to show off by trying to do a handbrake turn for the first time, on bitumen, even though they know they are shite drivers? Very funny once you get out of it alive!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 17:02

adamb131 wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 16:35

I only had time to jump onto the front bumper and into the engine bay before it crashed into the corner bricks of the house. When it impacted with the wall the hood fell down on me and the hood latch nailed me in the back. The car sat there for a while trying to bulldoze down the house till I could get through all bushes and stuff and turn it off.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

:roflcopter:

Yep, very very funny.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok one of my better efforts!

when i was 14,i was up at with my cousins at coomara, as they had the houseboat hire near dreamworld.we had been scurfing all day in a 10 foot tinny with a 15hp motor on the back.my cousin backs down the trailer to take the tinny out, behind an old volvo station wagon.being the gunho{read dickhead} 14 yearold i was, i go flat strap at the trailer{fast with a 15hp on a 10 foot tinny}and back off at what i judge to be the exact time,so i can coast to the trailer. i realise as i fly up and over the trailer that i might have left it abit to late,i hang on as the boat goes through the rear window of the car and throws me hard up the front of the boat. even today if my uncle is with me when i put my 25 foot caribean onto the trailer he cant help but say"watch the car"!lmao
mick
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 22 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 23 July 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a couple of mates of mine were doing a bit of paddy-bashing dorifto, and afterwards, one of them gets out of the car takes the HOT radiator cap straight off! (no idea why) Confused he spent about 30mins in a cold shower Laughing

and yes, i have one myself. my engine seized recently partly (okay, mainly) due to lack of oil Rolling Eyes the oil light started to come on about a week or so before it seized, and of course, i checked the dipstick, and it looked fine. amazingly, i didnt realise you had to wipe the dipstick first Confused it musnt of occured to me that the oil would boil up and everything Rolling Eyes
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 23 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one guy i knew drove a VY commodore off a 3m cliff into a creek bed Laughing

it was at the local park. the boundary of the park is the creek and at that time the creek was dry. somehow (drunk + idiot) he lost control, drove over a few dirt bumps , then of a cliff (approx 3m) and landed in the dry creek bed. Laughing

the car pretty much flat landed - landing on some creekbed rocks as big as soccerballs. the car got smashed up underneath - puntured sum etc.

it was quite funny watching the tow truck try and recover the thing too Laughing - they had to drive into the creekbed at a lesser steeper part and then get out of the creek again later with a heavy-ass commo on the back - that plan didnt work

even being towed by a tractor, the tow truck wasnt pulled out Laughing

it took a duel axle concrete truck full of water to pull it out

moral of the story : commodore drivers Razz
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 23 July 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate decided to do an oil change on his piazza powered gemini
no hes not a lebbo
he used a 600ml coke bottle (empty) to catch the old oil reasoning there coudlnt be that much in it
he came out from underneath as we pulled up to see the driveway covered in oil and his sandy blonde locks black as was most of his body

or then theres the tiem an auto elec around the corner wired the alternator up reulting in ym engine bay catching on fire

or the time an associate turned onto a freeway off ramp with 4 other guys in the car screaming at him to immediatelly stop

another is a mate using an angle grinder to cut a hole in the rear parcel shelf of his gemini ... just after discovering a leak in his fuel tank

or a dickhead using a snappygum to do an engine change after having it explained to him why the trees known as a snappygum

another associate usign his tongue to test for a current

yuppers regular darwin awards crew around here, suprised none have added themselves to the list ... yet

give it time since a mates restoring a spazda truck with a new cab and tray

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 16:43]

scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 23 July 2005 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old ta22 wouldnt start one night and had no torch so used my lighter.
car engine went up in flames as it was flooded. poured buckets of water down the carby, over engine etc.
sat in car for 30 mins to chill out then started car to see what would happen. it started first go!

my mate was pushing his car down his driveway but forgot to close the door and bent it back as it hit a tree half way.

had a bonnet latch break on my holden drover(sierra) and only thing i had was a shoe lace.
bonnet impacted on windscreen on freeway at 100kmh
(was not thinking very well as had just nosedived a large sand dune previously and bent the thing like a banana)
was funny i had to kick the gear stick to get it into 5th
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sun, 24 July 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate got his RA65 back from getting the head gasket fixed and he drove it all of 90 kms beofre it went again
The mechanics forgot to put on the radiator hose clamp.

so it's down there getting fixed again !

poor bloke
DFECTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sun, 24 July 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A man was intimidated in his old Mini Cooper S, by a ae82 twincam, so he rev the crap out of it, and dumped it and both cv joints broke. and the car fell on its mouth...

Laughing
Lukass
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Tue, 26 July 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 02:29

mate decided to do an oil change on his piazza powered gemini
no hes not a lebbo
he used a 600ml coke bottle (empty) to catch the old oil reasoning there coudlnt be that much in it
he came out from underneath as we pulled up to see the driveway covered in oil and his sandy blonde locks black as was most of his body

Go the piazza!
To be fair that was probably all he used to get out of the Gemi motor.

Chick at work had a fairly new Astra and decided it probably needed the oil topped up. She did manage to put it in the right place but decided they wouldn't give you a 5 litre container if you weren't supposed to use it. Somehow she got it all in there and it actually started, didn't get very far though. I paid out on her heaps so she wouldn't tell me any more but I know it cost her upwards of a grand through Holden.

Mate was driving and turned right at a big intersection with three lanes on each side and a divider in the middle. Now to go right you have to drive way across the intersection and around the divider. He wasn't really paying attention and just hooked it right up the wrong side. I'm yelling hey HEY! wrong side and he's gone... duh what, just then a car popped over the crest a bit further up the road coming towards us. OH SHIT! he yells and hooks it left and over the 18inch or so high divider. Luckily it had sort of sloped sides, hit it at probably 50k or so and sailed right over without even scraping, landing was a bit rough but we survived.

Had an old bloke in a VC commo come the wrong way around a roundabout at me, couldn't see him because of the garden they put in the middle. I'm in the right lane and moving at a fair pace when he pops up right in front of me. I've swerved left and around him, if the car had another coat of paint on it I would have scraped the guard rail. Somehow I manage to straighten it up and keep going but the whole time this bloke is going off in his car because he thought I was the one going the wrong way.

Coming back from the coast early one morning mates driving, I was pretty tired and kind of going to sleep when I noticed we were drifting over to the left, looked over and old mates snoring away in the drivers seat. I grab the wheel and straighten us back up, he's still sleeping away. I steared for probably five minutes (cruise was on) to see if he would wake up. Nope had to slap him in the side of the head a couple of times.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Tue, 26 July 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukass wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 15:05

Coming back from the coast early one morning mates driving, I was pretty tired and kind of going to sleep when I noticed we were drifting over to the left, looked over and old mates snoring away in the drivers seat. I grab the wheel and straighten us back up, he's still sleeping away. I steared for probably five minutes (cruise was on) to see if he would wake up. Nope had to slap him in the side of the head a couple of times.

BAHAHAHAHHA
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 13:37

someone i know left is oil cap off, a mazda astina.
Just past silverwater at the lights, smoke started coming out from his bonnet, the foam under the bonnet was all soaked in oil.

I've done that one, but i never got the smoke. All i got for the experience was a motor that ran a little louder then normal.
Driving my x-gf's mum's little midget of a barina on the gateway motorway for some reason i dropped it back a gear to 4th so that i could pass a semi-truck pulled back in front and, well being the bigfoot, off the gas, clutch in, up to 5th, clutch out, and right foot managed to press on the brake pedal.
The x-gf somehow managed to rip the entire front bumper bar off the car she owned while reversing out of her mums driveway.
I could go on with a few more of the x-gf's car mechanical knowhow. Like the time a headlight blew, so she pulled the whole headlight off the car prised the glass off so she could get to the bulb......
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was driving home in peak hour once to see a car stopped with the hazards on in the far right lane. seeing as this is causing mayhem i decided to stop and hope that in my vast lack of knowledge i could help or at least get the car off the road.

I got out and went up to the girl in the car who was crying. Fearing something bad had happened to her or the car i asked her the problem and she replied, you ready for this "I am on my learners and haven't learned how to do a hill start yet".

After i explained to her that she is hold up a shite load of traffic and the problem with driving in peak hour traffic when you can't drive i decided to teach her how to do one. she did it alright and i got back in my car (which she nearly hit as i was parked in front) and drove off watching to make sure she took off.

We reached the next set of traffic lights and as i took off glanced back in the mirror to see she had stalled it again. i just left. i guess she made it home eventually.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i have 2 both happened to me tonight

first one was shall include diagram

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1641/josh9tq.png

i was coming round a bend (i'm green car) witch leads into a freeway on-ramp/off-ramp thing and my stupid freind over takes me (blue car) just at end of bend and ends up on other side of concrete divider on the on coming traffic side... i dont think the poor red car had any idea what was going on as he came off the free way
stupid friend turned back in on some gap in the divider

second one tonight was:

leaving to goto work i could here a strange and loud knocking noise and it got worse the more i reved the engine but i manged to get to work after alot of scared thoughts that i've fucked my engine and alot of by standers looking strangley at my noisey car

i left work and got my car home eventually alot of 4th gear driving as noise wasnt as bad... pop hood when i get home to realise i've left a screw driver on top of engine and it had been boucning around in engine bay Sad

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 14:19]

AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 lane divided road (cars parked in left lane), driving in the middle lane and an old guy on an electric scooter is going the wrong way in the right lane.
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i'd seen it all...but today

hopped in the car with my friend, and told her to drive me to my car (couldn't find parking, so parked far far away)

so we hop in, and it's around 7pm, so it's pretty dark. she turns on her park lights, and pulls back the light lever, to turn on high beam

she then proceeds to drive the whole way, with her high beam on, in the "pass" position.

Everytime we turn, she releases it, and we're left in darkness!

I couldn't believe my eyes!

so i asked her wtf she was doing, and after explaining to her, she tells me "oh, i didn't realise this switch turns two clicks!"

she thought the park light switch only turned once!

and they don't do night testing, for licensing so these idiots get on the road

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 03:08]

decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahahha.... So good....

I was coming back from a mates house a while ago, drove up the driveway and my little brother (12) has the nissan navara 4x4 ute out in the garden, bogged to the axles.
Thats not the funny part though. The ground where he bogged it was flat, and was merely grass. not even wet.

God knows what he was doing, but dad wasn't too happy having to get one of my mates to come and help pull it out with his miniscule suzuki sierra
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Wed, 27 July 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 00:18

ok i have 2 both happened to me tonight

first one was shall include diagram

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1641/josh9tq.png

i was coming round a bend (i'm green car) witch leads into a freeway on-ramp/off-ramp thing and my stupid freind over takes me (blue car) just at end of bend and ends up on other side of concrete divider on the on coming traffic side... i dont think the poor red car had any idea what was going on as he came off the free way
stupid friend turned back in on some gap in the divider

that one is gold!

also as far as the screwdriver thing goes, it could've been worse! you should feel lucky Smile
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 28 July 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. My friend who used to own a red MA61 blew the radiator hose or something while driving back home for uni holidays, instead of calling nrma he instead filled a large water container and proceeded to drive a couple of kays, then stop and refill the radiator, he repeated this process for about 45min when he cracked the head.

2.driving along a highway on the outskirts of my hometown, I noticed a suby wagon pulling up to an intersection about 100m ahead indicating to turn right

| |
| | dirt area
| suby |
-------------------------------------------| |-----------
me>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-------------------------------------------------- --------------
Houses Houses Houses Houses Houses

My foot hovered above the brake pedal as I watched to see if he was going to stop or cut me off......he came to a complete stop By this stage I was getting close (prolly 40-50m)and I could now see that it was an old dude looking left and then right (towards me) to see if the road was clear.

when he looked towards me I was sure he had seen me and a split second later he seemed to actually be making eye contact with me (you know how people do when they are waiting for you to go past).

After seemimg to look right into my eyes for about 1.5 sec he then proceeded to pull out right in front of me with about 15m to go I shit myself and swerved hard to the left, just missing the rear of his car then spun 180 degrees (on purpose) into the dirt area narrowly missing a fence

After getting my bearings for about 5 sec I looked up to see what he was doing, only to see him drive slowly off around the next corner, I tried to follow him but he must have driven his car into his garage and locked it because I couldn't find him again

#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 28 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grrr dammit, my diagram is now meaningless.

I just thought of 2 more though

1. While working as an RTA STOP/GO man (no Warrick Capper jokes llol) I had just turned my sign around to let go a line of (northbound)traffic when a lady in a subaru outback came down the hill in the oppposite direction. She apparantly saw the "STOP" side of my sign (the back) and even though it wasn't on her (southbound) side of the road proceeded to come to a complete stop in the middle of a 100km/h zone on a steep downhill after a blind corner. There was even a truck parking area right next to where she stopped but she didn't pull into it.

I was unaware of all this because of the line of log trucks going past me up the hill (between me and her car), the next thing to happen was a 17 year old girl in a '97 laser came down the hill after her and slammed into the rear of her subaru at about 70km'h

The laser was written off but you could hardly tell the sube had been in a accident

The cops still blamed the P plate girl even though the curve of the road combined with the log trucks combined with the hill and where the Subaru stoppped meant she would have only seen it about 15-20m before hitting it.

2. My friend and I once got drunk and stoned and decided to take his gemmi paddock basher rallying on local forestry roads with 5 people in it and some home stereo speakers sitting on the rear parcel shelf

We ended up upside down in a ditch after discovering how much harder it is to get the tail out at 95km/h in a clapped out Gemmi with 3 people in the back as opposed to none

the 3 in the back ended up with some nice head dents courtesy of the speakers

On a side note, the Gemmi is now replaced with our new and awesome Corona rally wagon (only sober rallying from now on though)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Thu, 28 July 2005 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 22:34

2. My friend and I once got drunk and stoned and decided to take his gemmi paddock basher rallying on local forestry roads with 5 people in it and some home stereo speakers sitting on the rear parcel shelf

We ended up upside down in a ditch after discovering how much harder it is to get the tail out at 95km/h in a clapped out Gemmi with 3 people in the back as opposed to none)

i don't think toymods condones this kind of behaviour...
next time, please Darwin yourself Razz
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another one.
When i was living at toowoomba an old female friend and i went for a drive to her friends place. After we left, we had to go up a bit of a steep hill, came up behind a dump truck so she decided instead of crawling behind the truck that stopping after a blind right-hander for a few minutes would the the best thing to do. Mind you, her car was a nissan micra 3 cylinder.
The x-gf having the firm belief that reverse could be used as a 6th gear. But it did prove one thing but, my t-18's drivetrain was strong. Oh the abuse it copped for her Laughing
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok this one is what happened to me a couple years ago at a V8 supercar round at sandown raceway.
get to the race meeting and first practice in the national sport sedans,the new triple plate clutch needs fixing.fix it at about 6pm so most people have gone as its the thursday of the weekend race meeting.so i crank the engine into life{noisy as its a 650hp chev} and let it warm up. look around as the guys in my crew push the car back,no ones about so i decide to properly test the clutch in the back pits.full noise first,second,third and into fourth{all no clutch as its a hollinger dog box},buy this time im going very very quick.the car weights 1125kg,and i had left the guards and windscreen off for the rest of the work.well being half tared pit road and half gravel,i start getting pelted by high speed gravel.fuck me close to 200km/h in a narrow pit road cant see and there is a fence at the end.ducked my head as i hit the brakes{12 spot brembos} and as im not wearing harness im holding on as i go down the gears. well stopped about 2 feet from the fence,and was bleeding abit from cuts on my face.but the clutch worked perfect. then on the sunday after the last race, i was driving it back from the weight bridge to the transporter.as you imagine getting a car with 650hp,massive hot slicks and a triple plate clutch of the line is a bit of a juggle to do with hundreds of people walking around you.give it a big blast so i can get tire slip and the fucking throttle jams full open.
brakes,kill switch and near heart failure,i pull up right before some very wide eyed people. what a weekend of racing!lmao
goes to show pits can be dangerous places.
mick
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pits dangerous your telling me, me a couple mates and a group of ppl almost got collected by an ambo at bathurst a couple years back oh the irony.
Best it when the engineers bring the cars up the pits, sometimes just roll it down no engine get up behind someone start it, full throttle blip and the person in front of the cars pants go brown rofl. Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 29 July 2005 05:26]

deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once my mate's car wouldn't start, and it sounded like a flat battery... late model commodore he had

so i asked him to pop the bonnet, and he goes how? so i tell him there's a lever thingi inside

so he goes inside, and opens the boot Confused
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deeps wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 13:14

so he goes inside, and opens the boot Confused

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was at driving school in malaysia there was a lady who panicked and floored the gas. hit the curb and did aproximately 4 seconds of knight rider style willie!!!

also at my frens workshop, a customer finally got his long awaited mitsubishi turbo completed. drove it into the drain reversing it out Laughing

a friend of mine in food business drives an ae86. so one day he decided to try a high speed drift on way to work only to forget he had a whole container of chinese red bean paste (tong sui) in his back seat Very Happy Very Happy no takumi skills at all
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 11:12

Another one.
When i was living at toowoomba an old female friend and i went for a drive to her friends place. After we left, we had to go up a bit of a steep hill, came up behind a dump truck so she decided instead of crawling behind the truck that stopping after a blind right-hander for a few minutes would the the best thing to do. Mind you, her car was a nissan micra 3 cylinder.
The x-gf having the firm belief that reverse could be used as a 6th gear. But it did prove one thing but, my t-18's drivetrain was strong. Oh the abuse it copped for her Laughing

i have a micra in my hse and its 4 Cylinder
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My house mate-

I was crook last saturday night so I layed off the booze, at 2:30 after the rugby test I offered to drive him and his mates into town in his car.

Getting out to his car we discovered it was covered in a thick sheet of ice. So he descided to walk up the bonnet and piss on the windscreen. so up he jumps, and then falls backwards off the bonnet, as not suprisingly it is also covered in ice. he does the same 2 more times, one if his mates suggests he takes a run up and lean his body weight forward, which he does. This of course ended badly as he went hurtling through the windscreen!!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahaah good old drunk people, drunken stories are the best i reckon
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw a very old Honda Civic (one of the first ones) rolled onto its roof IN A CARPARK of the Jesmond shopping centre a few years back!
Turns out that the old lady driver had confused the brake and the accelerator as she exited the underground carpark. She pushed her foot to the floor right towards the garden, ran up the edging which provided enough momentum to roll it upside down. Wish I hadn't left my camera at the office that day!
Missed my old MX6 by only a couple of metres! Couldn't leave and drive back to work until they had cleaned up the mess, even though there was plenty of room, made me damn late Sad

Another occasion I was on a camp, very cold night, woke up the next morning and one of the guys cars had ice on its windscreen. So he tips a bucket of water on it, which cracks the windscreen right across lol
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fellow worker of my old mans many years ago, changing a fan belt on a truck. Apprentice decides it needs to be moved, starts truck with fingers in the appropriate areas. Much swearing, a trip to the hospital (where his wife was a ER nurse) and partly sewn back on. Also dragged him upwards and out of the pit, headbutted the rad support and got concussion and 5 stitches to boot.

Not so much a car but a new truck (Merc by memory) just purchased fpr runs to Perth and back. Carries about 1000lt of diesel with tanks on trailers and transfer pumps, fully decked with beds (2) microwave and even a coffee maker. Picks up at Coke in Northmead, leaves to pickup at Smithfield as well. Holes tank leaving Northmead and auto pumps transfer fuel as the holed tank dumps full load along the highway and into Smithfield warehouse. EPA, cops, fire brigade amd lots of sand.

Flynnos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This one is my favourite from many a seen.

Was sititng 1st in queue at the lights on george street in the city. Saw one of those stupidly high jacked up 4wd's, the kind that looks unstable at any speed.
It was coming towards us, burning to make the orange light and i noticed he had his right hand indicator on. Me and my mate both said it looked like it was going to fast to make the corner and thought perhaps his indicator was on by mistake. However to our astonishment he turned right and proceeded to flip it onto it's side pretty much as soon as it turned Laughing
It then slid into the traffic lightpole with a loud enough screech to make everyone on george st stop and look. The guy got out shouted "fuck" then tried to get his female passenger out. They both seemed ok just shaken.
Was the stupidist and funniest thing i have seen on the roads casue there was never a chance he was going to make it, yet he still went for it Laughing
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Fri, 29 July 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i fell asleep and fliped my car upside down. was prol doin around 50-60 km/h (second gear)

btw, has everyone seen the crazy arabic car video?? thats stupid!!
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 30 July 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 01:06]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 30 July 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 01:07]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 30 July 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driving up on some freeway in brisbane.... 3 lane highway and 4 of us in a car in the left hand lane. big semi trailer comes up middle lane....he's about halfway over taking us when we look over to see he has his left hand indicator on and is starting to merge into our lane Shocked...all 4 of us absolutly shat ourselfs and proceeded to honk horn to let the truck know we where there.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 30 July 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 14:47

towe_001 wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 11:12

Another one.

Confused Never had a look under the bonnet (never wanted to either) i'm just taking it as to what she told me. All i knew about it was that it had power windows, 5 forward gears, and a drivers mirror that was held onto the door with electrical tape.
But like i said i couldn't give a rats brownhole about the thing. I just drove it when i was forced too.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: stupid car things you have seen Sat, 30 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous message
towe_001 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 12:20

b1gb3n wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 14:47

Confused Never had a look under the bonnet (never wanted to either) i'm just taking it as to what she told me. All i knew about it was that it had power windows, 5 forward gears, and a drivers mirror that was held onto the door with electrical tape.
But like i said i couldn't give a rats brownhole about the thing. I just drove it when i was forced too.

Sorry b1gb3n, i just realised it wasn't a micra but a diahatsu sorry-arse (sirion. I think its spelt right)
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My new (home made) exhaust
Next Topic:MA61 parts $$$ ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:14:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094959735870361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.