Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 04:43 Go to next message
hey there

im getting a new clutch atm for my t18 3t-gte as it is completely knackered

just after some suggestions as to what kind of clutch to get??

it has a stock t50 gbox in it.

i dont really want a paddle clutch as they arent too friendly for every day driving/ reversing ect. the bloke at the shop rekons ill need something like that tho or the clutch will be destroyed...

any help apreciated.

cheers - lewy
  Send a private message to this user    
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is probly right about the clutch being destroyed as it will slip, expecially wwith a t50 clutch size, thought if you went a button clutch i cant see your t50 lasting very long, i would go with a heavy duty and see how you go.

Jason
Jezza
Regular

June 2002
Re: clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a std organic clutch with a modified pressure plate for extra force, and bigger left leg muscles too Wink
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you find out how much they would cost, i might need a new clutch for my 3t-gte.

But mines gonna be behind a w55
aeke
Regular

July 2003
Re: clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a sprung puk clutch in my car with a 3tgte and t50, it drives just a little bit more aggressive then standard but still easy to drive. It never slips but I have been through a few gearboxes. I had a heavy duty standard clutch in it but it started to slip after about 2000km's. You will need a W55 if you want reliable car.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: clutch for 3t-gte Fri, 29 July 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A sprung centred ceramic is no harder to drive than a H?D Organic in fact it will probably be easier. Don't get confused with the old button style clutches of the early 90's.

You will want to get a decent ceramic clutch if you intend to have anything other than a std 3T-GTE. if your happy with it stock then a H/D organic will do if driven with respect. Keep in mind the factory 3T-GTE clutch was allot bigger than the one in your T-50.
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: clutch for 3t-gte Mon, 01 August 2005 03:52 Go to previous message
thanks for the feed back guys

the one that was in it was a sprung 3 puck (ceramic i think)

this slipped when any more than half throttle was used so i figured it needed replacing. upon inspection i found it was worn down to the metal and had carved some nice grooves into the flywheel face - 2 to 3 mm deep!!!

the bloke at brakes west rekoned it had a holden pressure plate. anyone know of a stiffer one to replace it with??

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE injector problems.... HELP NEEDED !!
Next Topic:Waste gate actuator problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:58:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085418224334717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.