Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
advice concerning the DAMM RTA Thu, 28 July 2005 06:03 Go to next message
IM SCREWED

6 monts ago i was done for 27 ks over the limit.8 points!(wrong p plates too)((double demerits)) When the coppas issued the fine, i haddnt updated my adress and as a result all the letters have been going to the old adress of which i have not got any! I went to the rta to change my adress and he told me i have fines outstanding, and my licence is suspended! But i never payed the fine? can anyone tell me whats going on, and what i can do? I assume cos i diddnt pay or reply they suspended my licence, but how long will this be for? till i pay the fines? and then will I get it back cos its already been suspended? I really need help on this one, theres no way i can afford to go to court!

Andy.
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Thu, 28 July 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
8 points is all your P plates no??

basically buddy, you are screwed because you didn't update your address... this will continue until you eithr ay the fine or get a jail senstence. seriously. the next step will be that they cancel your car rego.

a freind of mine didn't vote in council election = $50 fine.. didnt know, old address.. same story ;

he got pulled over about a year later and found both his licence and rego had been cancelld by the state debt recovey kiddies... $2500 fine thank ya very much

there's no way you can afford not to pay the fine...

and by the sound sof it, no way you should haveben able to afford going 27km/hr over Wink..

live and learn (and pay) huh?
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Thu, 28 July 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you may also receive a fine for not ipdating your adress in the two weeks that is given
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Thu, 28 July 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no way to get around it!you have to pay up and cop it! not even i would speed during double demerits! and im not renowned for mu granpa driving.
mick
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Thu, 28 July 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andyroo wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 16:03

But i never payed the fine? can anyone tell me whats going on, and what i can do? I assume cos i diddnt pay or reply they suspended my licence, but how long will this be for? till i pay the fines? and then will I get it back cos its already been suspended?
Andy.

Why didn't you ask the RTA customer service officer when you were there these questions..................
Rolling Eyes
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Fri, 29 July 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its most likely u will have to contact the State Debt Recovery Office now. Usually they send out 2 reminders, then refer it onto the SDRO and they send an enforcement order, if u dont pay that they send u a Licence Suspension notice and if u dont pay that they suspend your licence, and cancel the rego of any cars under your name. you cannot lift the restirctions until u have paid all the fines.

best bet ring the SDRO with ur name and old address detiasl and find out what they have on file for you.

good luck
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Fri, 29 July 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your license has been suspended, your car rego most likely has been aswell.

i found this out last week because i guy i know was talking about how he has had the same thing, basically forgotten to pay a parking ticket after the final notice of it and had all his car rego's and his license suspended. basically nothing you can do now but pay the fine.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Fri, 29 July 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 16:10

a freind of mine didn't vote in council election = $50 fine

Meh. They keep sending me fines every now and then, and I keep sending it back with a note "I am a permanent resident, not a citizen. As thus, I am not entitled to vote". They get the idea, let me off.. and send me another fine the next election Confused
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: advice concerning the DAMM RTA Sun, 31 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous message
Yian wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 09:01

oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 16:10

a freind of mine didn't vote in council election = $50 fine

Meh. They keep sending me fines every now and then, and I keep sending it back with a note "I am a permanent resident, not a citizen. As thus, I am not entitled to vote". They get the idea, let me off.. and send me another fine the next election Confused

im sorry hahahahaha what dicks.... bwahahahaha
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What to do with your spare frontcut?? You like doing skids?
Next Topic:2JZ - Destroyer of Drivetrains
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:49:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053069591522217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.