Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Fri, 24 January 2003 11:41 Go to next message

Celica XX Colour[ 6 vote(s) ]
1.Falcon XR6 Turbo Blue 5 / 83%
2.Skyline GTR VSpec Purple 1 / 17%

Ok, I've asked this question a few times before, but its getting closer to me actually having to bite the bullet and get the car sprayed! Smile
I'd pretty much had my heart set on the new Falcon Blue for a little while, until I started working full-time again, and kept seeing this chick's car in the carpark, an R32 Skyline GTR that had been resprayed in the purple.
I know the shape would complement a darker colour, so what you guys think is the go? The interior is black, with silver and red highlights.
Poll away guys and thanks.

Nathan

Send a private message to this user    
needacar
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Fri, 24 January 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bayside blue from the skyline blue
electric blue
gunmetal grey
those are the colours i would go for
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Fri, 24 January 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gunmetal grey if it is metallic and with a darker grey pearl

any pearl will compliment the shape a hell of a lot especially with the darker colours

how much are you paying for this ?...i just bought 8 litres of part A (base colour) and part B(hardener) twopack for $220 in green metallic through work
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Fri, 24 January 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are both very nice colours. i especially like the falcon blue, i think it is the same as the blue that was on the AU XR8s. if it was it is called narooma blue and the code is NR. i very nearly did the old RA40 this colour but ended up doing it the XR8 green instead (congo green)
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Fri, 24 January 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the falcon blue is awesome, that would be my choice.
JUZZO
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not get the best of both? A dark Purple/Blue metallic depending on which way the light hit it. Just a thought. Confused
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is the colour of my ta22, dark sapphire blue metallic with lilac pearl, i think you seen that nathan?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mates getting the paint wholesale, and its getting a clear coat of the POR 15 Pelluid.
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about two tone maroon on grey?

But from the two choices, The ford blue.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking Ford Blue with a dark purple pearl, any comments on this choice? Razz
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm the MK2 Supras do look good in two tone, I'm not sure about purple though, (wouldnt' that look a bit to excel'ish) How about Blue over silver...though it'd have to be a darker blue maybe for that to work.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not having two-tone, I'm trying to wipe out some of the 80's look. I've already removed the bump strips from the side as well, the interior is not having any of the "stripy" material, everything is being made to look not quite so gimmicky...so two-tone is DEFINETLY out.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
two tone is for commodores !!!

blue with purple pearl would look pretty damn good though i wouldnt get it done to dark as it is like a tint to your base coat if you follow me, it will make the bright blue more purpley as the pearl is a tint in the clear

hope that makes sense !...

p.s. get this done by a god damn good spraypainter as pearl is hard to spray, it messes with your eyes because of the changing colours and you cant see the uneveness until its out in the sun !!
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sat, 25 January 2003 21:20

so two-tone is DEFINETLY out.

Awww Sad (I'm probably the wrong one to ask I love two tone)

So you're trying to "modernise" the look? I'd go with Celicamad in not making the pearl too dark, so as not to distort the blue.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry olly no offense intended man, i just meant it wouldnt suit that car
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah thats the way to go.. blue with purple pearl sounds good, geez im glad i thought of it Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sat, 25 January 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, its decided, and the mate who is doing it for me has worked out he can get the paint for me.
Shit...gotta work out how to get the body prepped enough Sad
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sun, 26 January 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey franky.......you got any pics of your machine with the bump strips removed???
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sun, 26 January 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it wise to remove the bump strips in this day and age of door dings?
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Sun, 26 January 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i removed mine before i sold the ra65 and welded the holes back up, hand filed them down and painted over it, very tidy

once i was being stupid in a carpark doing donuts and what not and i hit a white pole marker like on the side of the road but it did no damage because it hit my bump strip LUCKY !!!

i dont think nathan would be doing this as it is his third (?) car and he is sensible but he should have more respect for these things by now !
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Mon, 27 January 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont have any pics at the moment, kind of hard borrowing a digital cam.
I mainly did it, because there are a lot of other cars, ie. Silvias etc. that don't have them and they look nicer because of it.

And no, I wont be doing burnouts Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra) Mon, 27 January 2003 02:27 Go to previous message
Oh, and when possible, I dont park next to anyone, and if I have to, I park on an edge or something, and then right over Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics]
Next Topic:for the 4A-GE boys (20V turbo running 45psi)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:24:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010525941848755 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.