Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Fri, 29 July 2005 23:28 Go to next message
Hey everyone,
Yesterday my poor girl friend was in an accident..
She was waiting for the lights to turn, both left lanes turn into the road. Now what happened was she was waitin for the truck to turn but the corner was WAY too small for even a semi trailer, as he has taken the corner, he has hit my girl friends car and dragged it to the left, once it hit the curb, it was then pushed against a pole. The driver of the truck kept going!!!! As you would be quite in shock she couldn't take the details down of the truck.

Stupid part of it is now she is out of pocket because shes with third party fire and theft. we suggested third party as the insurance because shes a good driver, and its expensive to have insurance, by the time you spend the $900-$1000 at least, u then got a $850 Young drivers claim. So basically $1850 to make a claim in a year.

I'll have pics of the damage soon, is there any places to get some panel work done? I'd need to get her a new AE92 front 1/4 panel and indicator, possibly a side mirror...

Main thing is shes save and well!!!!

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9704/descriptiong3qm.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Fri, 29 July 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any witnesses?

maybe they have some details about the truck..

but no doubt he had no insurance if he drove off anyway
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Fri, 29 July 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No witnesses, No one even came to see if my girl friend was ok. Everyone was busy in their own selfish lives to see if she was ok. I mean the front 1/4 panel is quite damaged, and she was sittin on the gutter...

A lollypop man asked her the STUPIDEST and RUDEST thing i've ever heard.. Without even asking her if shes ok or anything,

"Your going to have to move your car off the pavement"

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh dude, don't take offense to this, but if the cops had of come to the accident, your girl-friend would have been the one in shit, as technically she is in the wrong. If she pulled up at the lights and the semi was already there she should have hung back a little to be safe. But if the truck pulled up after your gf was at the lights well then there was nothing she could do I suppose.

On the back of trucks it has "Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle", meaning do not go up the inside of a truck when it's turning, 'cos it's going to end up badly for the car. Also some trailers have on them, "Caution: Wide Turns". I know it would have made you even more pissed, but the cops would have said the same thing to your gf if they had come to the accident, I've seen it happen before.

I agree that the driver should have stopped, maybe no license or something, but yeh where your gf was would have been the driver's blind spot, so maybe he thought he just ran up the kerb? Confused
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 10:06

Ahh dude, don't take offense to this, but if the cops had of come to the accident, your girl-friend would have been the one in shit, as technically she is in the wrong. If she pulled up at the lights and the semi was already there she should have hung back a little to be safe. But if the truck pulled up after your gf was at the lights well then there was nothing she could do I suppose.

On the back of trucks it has "Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle", meaning do not go up the inside of a truck when it's turning, 'cos it's going to end up badly for the car. Also some trailers have on them, "Caution: Wide Turns". I know it would have made you even more pissed, but the cops would have said the same thing to your gf if they had come to the accident, I've seen it happen before.

I agree that the driver should have stopped, maybe no license or something, but yeh where your gf was would have been the driver's blind spot, so maybe he thought he just ran up the kerb? Confused

that sounds right, would be surprised how common this is, theres a sign in the back, "do not overtake turning vehicle", so its a case of - they cant see you if you cant see them.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The truck driver may not even know that he hit her.

could try going back to the scene of the accident around the same time it happened,, it might be a regular route for the truck.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to say dude, she was in the wrong TECHNICALLY, unless as stated above, she was there first
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If what you guys say is correct she was in the wrong UNTIL the point where the truck fled the scene of an accident at which time he did a far more illegal and serious act.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it only took out the side panel and indicator he probably couldn't even tell that he hit her.
In a truck you can run over a gutter with your rear tyres and you can't even feel it... in a non rigid truck anyway.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why was she waiting for the truck to turn? Why didn't she go around the corner first?
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh in that situation, n the lights turn green, you're probably best to just rip out of the junction and get out of the trucks way. Waiting there for him to smash into you is suicide.
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch sorry to hear Adrian.
But yeah like has been suggested, it's quite likely the semi driver wasn't even aware of hitting her, especially if it was the trailer that hit the car. Bumps and scrapes feel like nothing at all in vehicles that size.

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as toobs said.. a big truck probly wouldnt be able to tell if he hit a car, big machines and a smallish hit wouldnt phase it
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont run over a gutter in a rigid truck it will roll as a mate found out... big mess lol
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Truck came up NEXT to her.. She was there first, It was busy too, so its not exactly the easiest to reverse so he can make it...

I don't see how its her fault, she was there first...
She waited behind the line, The truck came afterwards, how is it her fault? Does that mean she should be COMPLETELY off the road just because these trucking companies need to get places? They are running a business, my gf is going home...

he should have HOOTED to her if he thought his vehicle hit. Don't they have truck licences to be able to calculate this sort of stuff? U hear accidents a mile away, as if he didn't hear it!!

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All of the above! Unless you were in the car aswell to back up the truckie being at fault id say she doesnt realise how much room these big trucks need to turn a corner and got in the way..And yeah the truckie probable didnt even realise..
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mithy wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 16:43

yeh in that situation, n the lights turn green, you're probably best to just rip out of the junction and get out of the trucks way. Waiting there for him to smash into you is suicide.

But it says not to overtake the vehicle when goin around corner yet we are in the wrong because we were first to the corner??? So coz of him we are breakin the law either way??? sounds pretty stupid to me

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO if the truck pulled up to the line after the chick, once the lights went green, the truck should wait for the cars in the side lane to turn first, then make the manuever once the inside lane is clear.

if a truck is going to use up 2 lanes, they should at least know first that the lanes are empty to use, if he has pulled up next to this chick, then he obviously knows that she is there.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate! First of all were you in the car? otherwise your going off the word of your missus which may not be all that accurate.

If she was first at the lights,why was she waiting for the truck to turn infront of her? If she cant judge that the truck would possibly hit her while sitting in that spot she shouldnt have a licence! If you were in the car watching this unfold then mabye you shouldnt aswell.If her car was at the front line of the intersection as you have explained the trucks back trailer would have gone straight over the top of the car not just budge it,so it sounds to me she either arrived after the truck and didnt wait far enough back or didnt think to go first and get out of the way of the truck. Either way I wouldnt be blaming the truckie and it might be a good idea to take a better look at how much room these big trucks need to take these corners to avoid it happening again.

Sad but necessary lesson in driving!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 18:45

Mate! First of all were you in the car? otherwise your going off the word of your missus which may not be all that accurate.

If she was first at the lights,why was she waiting for the truck to turn infront of her? If she cant judge that the truck would possibly hit her while sitting in that spot she shouldnt have a licence! If you were in the car watching this unfold then mabye you shouldnt aswell.If her car was at the front line of the intersection as you have explained the trucks back trailer would have gone straight over the top of the car not just budge it,so it sounds to me she either arrived after the truck and didnt wait far enough back or didnt think to go first and get out of the way of the truck. Either way I wouldnt be blaming the truckie and it might be a good idea to take a better look at how much room these big trucks need to take these corners to avoid it happening again.

Nah i'm following what my gf told me, I know my gf was accurate.

Well its a bit hard to judge what to do in these situations, Your saying she shouldn't have a licence? Yet this truck guy didn't even realise he hit someone? I mean how could u not hear an accident, I've heard accidents with the windows up and the stereo going, I very much doubt he wouldn't have heard it...

I don't think my misses is the one that should be without a licence, if u Overtook the truck, your overtaking a vehicle in a corner, if u wait SUPPOSABLY thats supposed to be "NOT FOLLOWING" the rules as u say... Its actually a crime to drive off from an accident, especially if you are the person that caused it, its funny how so many people everyone took the side of the truck..
Its like sayin to a police man "ohh i'm sorry i didn't realise i ran over that person back there". Don't think it would fair very well, The truck was not in control of his vehicle, so does that mean that they can just drive over everyones car and get Scott free because they "DIDN'T REALISE" they did it? Its no excuse....

And all the people were too busy in their own selish lifes to stop and check if my gf was ok, thats what i hate the most... As u'd call it this days "its none of my business"....

How often do u think this truck was checkin his mirrors, driving you should check them every 3 seconds, With a truck ESPECIALLY during a corner should be every 1-2 seconds at each mirror, thats what they are there for.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 09:02]

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the fact that just because their vehicle is big and they have some stupid sign on the back that they control the roads and if they run into us, its our fault.. Is it just me or is this just a tad bit selfish..
The amount of semi trailers that do in EXCESS of 100kms an hour on the freeway, and the semitrailers that TAILGATE u for being on the LEFT lane just because somenoe is goin slow on the right lane and me sticking to the speed limit..
If their vehicles are too big for these roads i think they should seriously do something about it, Like maybe have CAMERAS so they can actually see.. Sensors on the trailer to tell if its come in contact with a foriegn bit of metal (Such as a car).. And certain routes they aren't allowed to take or should be suggested otherwise...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 18:56

riceburna73 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 18:45

Well its a bit hard to judge what to do in these situations, Your saying she shouldn't have a licence? Yet this truck guy didn't even realise he hit someone? I mean how could u not hear an accident, I've heard accidents with the windows up and the stereo going, I very much doubt he wouldn't have heard it...

I don't think my misses is the one that should be without a licence, if u Overtook the truck, your overtaking a vehicle in a corner, if u wait SUPPOSABLY thats supposed to be "NOT FOLLOWING" the rules as u say... Its actually a crime to drive off from an accident, especially if you are the person that caused it, its funny how so many people everyone took the side of the truck..
Its like sayin to a police man "ohh i'm sorry i didn't realise i ran over that person back there". Don't think it would fair very well, The truck was not in control of his vehicle, so does that mean that they can just drive over everyones car and get Scott free because they "DIDN'T REALISE" they did it? Its no excuse....

And all the people were too busy in their own selish lifes to stop and check if my gf was ok, thats what i hate the most... As u'd call it this days "its none of my business"....

How often do u think this truck was checkin his mirrors, driving you should check them every 3 seconds, With a truck ESPECIALLY during a corner should be every 1-2 seconds at each mirror, thats what they are there for.

If you rock up after the truck you shouldnt go any further than the back edge of it,thats what I do! I never race up the inside,never have never will.As for your GF being on the inside of it waiting for the truck,firstly I dont believe this happened because if you even just look the the diagram you did above,the truck would have driven straight over her starting at about the drivers window and finnishing somewhere near the left wheel arch. Secondly: why would you think the truck wouldnt hit you when your sitting at the front line and its in the outside lane turning infront of you?I think it was really stupid to sit there waiting for the inevitable to happen.I dont agree that it is that hard to judge in these situations,if after the truck had started turning and she realised it was a little too close for comfort its time to reverse out of the way or quickly duck inside its line to avoid the accident.Its nearly impossible for you to feel a scrape like that when driving a truck that size!

Either way it was really poor judgment on her behalf.You only need to look at your own diagram to see this. Sorry dude I dont mean to sound harsh but it seesm pretty clear cut to me.I dont think the truckie would have deliberately risked crushing her to death just to get around a corner.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok time for some fact...

I have recently got my HR licence and still have all the rules in my head.

My brother and many family members have been truck drivers sence before i was born, thus i have been in MANY trucks.

A truck driver wanting to turn left/right from the next right/left lane MUST stradle both lanes to stop cars going up the left/right hand side, the signs "do not overtake turning vechile" permit this.

In the pic you have supplyed the truck should of turned into the right most lane of the cross road with the prime mover and then pulled back into the middle lane, the trailer would not of cut into the left lane

its possable your GF was confused as to the situation, it seems HIGHLY unlikely the truck would of gotten that far ahead from the lights with your GF still siting there at the line, normaly two or 3 cars can get around before a truck has even started to turn the corner

its HIGHLY likely the truck driver did not hear/feel it at all.

its possable he was tired and "forgot" about your GF's car being there

i would like to see photos of the area it happened and also the damage

and i suggest you go for your heavy rigid licence before you start making assumptions about trucks/truck drivers, i know your upset but dude its a whole different ball game in a truck
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

look at the size of the fucking road.

are youtelling me the truck had to cut the corner so sharp it hit his girlfriend in the inside lane?

no fucking way.

get off his and her back, and instead of just going "err it was probably her fault"

just look at the thread title -

Quote:

Re: Selfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!!
(sp corrected)

either way, this asshole in the truck drove off.

he should've stopped. what if she was hurt?

The truck fleed the scene of the accident. To me that's an admission of him being in the wrong.

and seriously, if it pushed the car that much, then there's no way the truck driver wouldn't have noticed.

That's my two cents.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 18:56

Dude, wake up to yourself, do you realise how loud a prime-mover is at full noise, it is literally deafening being next to a semi when in a car, if the trailer was fully loaded, that's mean's all up the whole vehicle weights 40+ tonnes dude, the driver would be have made like 4 gear changes before his even finished taking the corner, the turbo would be going crazy on the truck, he wouldn't be able to hear a bomb go off. It's also highly likely that he didn't even feel it as some other's said, especially if he was pulling an air-bagged trailer, the suspension would have just absorbed the impact.

In a car you have to worry about 2 things, taking off without stalling, if it's a manual, and negotiating the corner, in a truck it's taking off smoothly especially seeing as your in a very low gear if your heavy, making sure you get the next gear cleanly, and the next 2 gears after that, watching your inside mirror, watching the front of the truck around the corner, making sure the truck clears the set of lights on the median strip your turning towards, making sure the trailer is following in a similar line, another gear selection around now, making sure the trailer, especially if it's a taut-liner, doesn't hit the traffic light pole on the opposite median strip your heading towards, again watch inside mirror that not that you can see much, another gear change now, etc etc.

So yeah it's not all rainbows and lollipops dude, it's alot harder than you think, and that's just one corner, the amount of concentration needed to drive an type of truck in a bit up area or heavy traffic area is phenomenal, that's why there is so many close calls.

People on here aren't trying to be c**t's, they're just saying that it's not the truckies fault, and your gf was just in the wrong place, wrong time, but if the cops did come they would have said the same thing as above.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 01:04

look at the size of the fucking road.

are youtelling me the truck had to cut the corner so sharp it hit his girlfriend in the inside lane?

no fucking way.

get off his and her back, and instead of just going "err it was probably her fault"

just look at the thread title -

Quote:

Re: Selfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!!
(sp corrected)

either way, this asshole in the truck drove off.

he should've stopped. what if she was hurt?

The truck fleed the scene of the accident. To me that's an admission of him being in the wrong.

and seriously, if it pushed the car that much, then there's no way the truck driver wouldn't have noticed.

That's my two cents.

Duuuuude, the diagram is just a rough picture he knocked up from what his gf told him of the accident, it's not a difinitive picture showing every detail and aspect of both the vehicles and the situation.

And AGAIN, if the truck was fully loaded, I repeat encroaching on 40+ tonnes, he WOULD NOT HAVE FELT THE IMPACT OR THE CAR, the trailer suspension would have absorbed it, I've seen trailers go straight over large speed humps and the trailer DOES NOT MOVE, the airbags absorb all the impact.

So no, of the driver doesn't know of what has occurred, why would he stop, he's not an arsehole for driving off, as he probably didn't know it happened, you wouldn't get anywhere if you were a truckie and you got out at every corner to make sure you hadn't hit anything.

It's no one's fault really, just bad timing.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually didnt read any of this cauyse im a bit smashed.. buit fucking FELFISH fuck
good old felfish
almost as good as shellfish..
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 02:54

i actually didnt read any of this cauyse im a bit smashed.. buit fucking FELFISH fuck
good old felfish

Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Sat, 30 July 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 02:59

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 02:54

good old felfish

Laughing

... what the hell.. losing my mind
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Mon, 01 August 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trust me, in my half-comatose state at 2am in the morning that was pretty hilarious Razz
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Mon, 01 August 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as said for the truck to just damage the front 1/4 panel, i think it is a case of your girlfriend in the wrong, a truck would not be able too turn in that much so it only damegd the 1/4 panel.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Felfish Prick hit my Girl Friends car and drove off!!! Mon, 01 August 2005 08:17 Go to previous message
pffft melbourne roads...

anyways pickapart got some ae92's (seca/sedan model)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TODA performance engines 4AG/3S
Next Topic:now this is a burnout
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:09:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012814998626709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.