Classifieds » Parts Wanted » Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Fri, 15 July 2005 08:56 Go to next message
Looking for a Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base.

I only need the base part of it (where it bolts up to the head) as I'm going to cut it up to make a custom manifold.

I think both the NA and turbo bolt up the same, in which case I'm not fussed which one it is. If they are different, Im after the turbo version.

PM me or call 0412 148 773
  Send a private message to this user    
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Sat, 23 July 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump it up and try again
dave368
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Tue, 26 July 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was rokusan that had some manifold plates for sale a while ago for a 3sgte motor. Try giving him a PM.

Cheers,
Dave
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Thu, 28 July 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the suggestion Dave.

But I'd already tried rokusan. He's only got Gen 2 stuff, which unfortunately is different.

Anyone else...?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Thu, 28 July 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know someone who sells laser cut gen3 alloy flange plates. Can give their details if u want?
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Thu, 28 July 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My preference would be to use an original manifold, but that would certainly be an option.

I would appreciate it if you could send me the guys details.

Thanks
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Fri, 29 July 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was in the same position as you.. Ended up spending almost $200 on a manifold that I cut up to pieces.

Here is the place that makes the flanges -

http://www.wtfauto.com/
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Fri, 29 July 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that. I can at least use that as a fall back position.

Sounds familiar. I've been offered a manifold for an "I don't really want to sell it, but if you're desperate" price around that, but I was hoping to find one cheaper, seeing as I'm going to cut it up and use all of about 75mm of it.

The motor I bought was supposed to come with an inlet manifold, but when it turned up it only had the exhaust (which I didn't want). Grrr, somewhat annoying, but then the motor was pretty cheap for a Gen 3.
SPYDER.UK
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Sat, 30 July 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there from England where it is raining! I have made a custom manifold for my Gen3 3SGE powered kit car but I used the plenum portion of the original contraption and machined up a replacement flange to suit the cylinder head. I have ended up not using it so it is now surplus to requirements. The car is temporarily running on a pair of SOLEX 40's from a 2TG engine complete with the 2TG manifold. I machined an adaptor plate to match it to the head.The car will soon be fitted with a set of 42mm MIKUNI carbs from a HONDA BLACKBIRD, again on a custom manifold machined from solid. Pics can be found at
http://ntlworld.photobox.co.uk/album/album.html?c_ album=1460235
The shortened 3SGE manifold is in the last pic.It will accept the standard throttle body fitted upside down.Notice how the throttle body ends up at the opposite end to usual. Perfect for us RWD conversion guys! If anyone is interested I will check out the likely cost of shipping.
GEOFF
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Sun, 31 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Geoff

What I'm really after is the bottom few inches of the manifold where it actually bolts up to the head.

If you still have this section of the original manifold where you cut it off from the plenum, I'd be interested in it (as long as the shipping doesn't work out to be outrageous).

Cheers
SPYDER.UK
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Tue, 02 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can have it for free mate, just cover the shipping cost. It is however damaged but usable since you're going to cut it to bits anyway. I've sent you an email containing details of shipping cost and some pics. I hope it is of some use to you.
Regards, Geoff
crazyracer
Regular

September 2002
Re: Wanted: Gen3 3SGE or 3SGTE inlet manifold base Tue, 02 August 2005 23:35 Go to previous message
Geoff

I never got that email with details about the manifold base. Could you send it again please to...

crazyracer7@hotmail.com

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB 20V ehxaust secondaries
Next Topic:WTB:KE35 Bonette (Perth)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 23:52:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063860416412354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.