Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGTE questions!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TOFU86
Regular

May 2005
4AGTE questions! Sun, 31 July 2005 02:39 Go to next message
hey i just have some questions about oil supply to a t28bb on a 4agze block
-what size should the oil feed hose be?
-should i run oil cooler? and if so how do i hook it up?
-should i run the water to the turbo? and if so how do i hook it up?
thanks in advance
CHEERS Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGTE questions! Sun, 31 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*I presume you're talking some kind of Nissan pre-loved turbo - use the restrictor that belongs to it, then it doesn't matter what size oil hose you use. Make sure you use proper (i.e. braided teflon) stuff ($!) though, you don't want it failing...
*Yes. Fit a full flow cooler, along with a remote oil filter kit - it'll save a lot of bad language when it comes time to change the oil filter, and means you're not stuck with the pathetic little Z386
*If the turbo has places for water, then of course you should use them. Connecting them is easy - usually look at where the heater hoses go, and tap from similiar places as them. It's a lot neater if you use pipes rather than hoses+T pieces etc. too.

I assume you've got a proper oil return, some decent heat shielding, etc. sorted out...?
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Sun, 31 July 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what would be described as a "proper" oil return point? a hole up nice and high in the sump?

ohh and are 4ag sumps alloy or steel?

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2005 11:36]

Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Sun, 31 July 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there guys, i have a couple of questions aswell,

if i only change the injectors in my 4agze to 7mgte ones without changing anything else will it be ok to run fine on a stock ae101 motor???

thanks
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Mon, 01 August 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what would be described as a "proper" oil return point? a hole up nice and high in the sump?

As high as you can get it, entering as steeply as possible. From experience I would recommend a 19mm return or larger. But most importantly keep that drain line as close to vertical as possible all the way from the turbo to the sump.

Quote:

ohh and are 4ag sumps alloy or steel?

Steel.

Quote:

if i only change the injectors in my 4agze to 7mgte ones without changing anything else will it be ok to run fine on a stock ae101 motor???

A stock 4AGZE only needs stock injectors! The stock ZE injectors are fine up to 1 bar of boost. If you are still running the factory ECU the 7MGTE injectors will not work, the car will run like shit with them fitted.

Just fitting larger injectors does not get you more power on a stock motor. Once your mods are pushing the capacity of the injectors to their max then look at an injector upgrade, but make sure you have a programmable ECU to control them or else you are wasting your time.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGTE questions! Mon, 01 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG has it covered, just be warey of running 1bar thinking it will be safe without chucking it on a dyno or wideband first, especially if you have a larger turbo.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Mon, 01 August 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there, yeah i was just wondering as i will be changing the computer and putting a t28bb abit later, but just wondering if i could just change the injectors now as a mate wants to buy mine off me so i though of seeing if i could change them now or not.

Eddie
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Mon, 01 August 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i was just wondering as i will be changing the computer and putting a t28bb abit later, but just wondering if i could just change the injectors now as a mate wants to buy mine off me so i though of seeing if i could change them now or not.

A number of years ago we fitted 7MGTE injectors on my 4AGTE running the factory ECU just to SEE what it was like (knowing it would be crap, but wanting to see how crap). It was driveable but farken crap. You will sell your standard ZE injectors easily when the time comes, keep them until you are ready to do the ECU change at the same time.

NB. I run 7MGTE injectors on my 4AGTE with aftermarket ECU currently.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGTE questions! Mon, 01 August 2005 11:11 Go to previous message
Hi there, thanks for all that, thats what i wanted to know

Eddie
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Metal Flake
Next Topic:Engine troubles
Goto Forum: