Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 02:05 Go to next message
I have just bought a '96 Toyota Vienta 3L V6, 5 speed. It's dead stock and it will stay that way for a while. What i would like to know is, where can i find out, Kw power it has, and general info about these cars. I'm suprised at the amount of grunt it has. I have heard that they put out more power than both Commodore and Falcon. Which suits me fine. It's not in the owners manual, i have looked and can't find it.
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing ...oh, sorry Wink

nah, seriously, just search the net, it'll be somewhere Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S'orright, I won't laugh - V6 manual camry isn't quite as bad as people will often tell you. Just savour the moment every time you destroy some kid in a VN at the lights!

Which engine has yours got - 1MZ or 3VZ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1MZ has 141kw and 279Nm of torque.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my engine is a 3VZ

It does get up and go, but i won't be doing it to often. Just when i get some kid who thinks he's Victor Bray in a commodore, just to put him in his place Evil or Very Mad Laughing .
1GZFEmeets300ZX
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try a 1zm-fe and fit a pair of gtr skyline turbos from a wrecker. fit a wolf3d v4+ twin airflow meters and a cheap intercooler. 250kw no prob. ive seen these engines with uprated rods, pistons and cams run 450kw+ reliably so stay under 250kw and have no problems.

DONT FORGET A NEW CLUTCH! Try www.horsepowerinabox.com
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GZFEmeets300ZX wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 15:11

try a 1zm-fe and fit a pair of gtr skyline turbos from a wrecker. fit a wolf3d v4+ twin airflow meters and a cheap intercooler. 250kw no prob. ive seen these engines with uprated rods, pistons and cams run 450kw+ reliably so stay under 250kw and have no problems.

DONT FORGET A NEW CLUTCH! Try www.horsepowerinabox.com

fffour ffffifty kkkilowhatsits? front wheel drive Sad now im scared
1GZFEmeets300ZX
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was hooked up to a porsche g50 gearbox in a sandrail and it ate my 180bhp saab powered sand rail for breakfast! how does 0-100kph in 3.1 sound?
1GZFEmeets300ZX
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i dont think he needs to go that far.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds sweet to me, but i don't think the wife would be to thrilled. lol.
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GZFEmeets300ZX wrote on Sun, 31 July 2005 16:35

it was hooked up to a porsche g50 gearbox in a sandrail and it ate my 180bhp saab powered sand rail for breakfast! how does 0-100kph in 3.1 sound?

Shocked well i would be absolutely packing my pants with the biggest shit i have ever done
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont wanna sound like an arsehole, but probably the best thing you could do for you wife Wink JOKING JOKING,
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3vz is 139kw at about 5800rpm and 280nm torque peak (~260nm between 2500-5500rpm) (quicker then the newer 1MZ)

your manual can take the usual MR2 LSD's (KAAZ 1.5 mechanical is a good upgrade, firdanza flywheel is cheap too) and gearbox/clutch upgrades if you want more traction.

easiest way to make more power but keeping it sleeper is to get a new exhasut downpipes and hi flow cat, keeping the rest of the exhasut stock (manifolds and cat back) you still make around 15fwhp gain with much much improved throttle response.

suspension wise ksport/d2 coilovers are about $1400 delivered (get something around 4 front 6 rear kg for street and 9 front 11/13 rear for track), and you can use a TRD adjustable rear sway bar, whiteline make a frust strutbrace. you dont need a rear brace, you have a whole rear parcel shelf as a brace.

still looks stock on the outside, still quiet too.

other things to do is to tee the ACIS actuator into the intake (the vacuum that goes to the actuator on the left side of the intake plenum, run that into the intake and block off the old hose) to get a good deal of extra power under 4000rpm

also you can pry off the top of the AFM (the black plastic bit) and turn the cog/wheel clockwise to increase the air ratio into the motor (go 2 teeth at a time) youll probably end up going between 4-10 teeth, with a small gain between 3000-4000rpm and a large gain above that (toyotas run too rich)

a PP SMT6 will cost about $450 delivered, takes 1/2 hour to install (8 wires). it is a laptop programmed piggyback (timing, a/f, addition injector, multiple map settings) this on its owned tuned will give you an extra 5-10kw depending on how good you are/if you have dyno access.

dont run PULP, ULP is fine.

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2005 13:07]

Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Sun, 31 July 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the post terra, very informative. I guess there is quite a few upgrades that can be done. Suspension wise, it handles bloody brilliantly at the moment, but i would like to lower it at a later date and get myself a new set of wheels for it.

Does anyone know the stud measurements for a vienta ? i found a nice set of enkei wheels, but they are 114.3x5, with an offset of 35 and 38 17x8, 17x9 or a set of SSR Schwarz they are 114.3x5 a 36 and 49 offset 17x8, 17x9.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Mon, 01 August 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob.C wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 09:36

Does anyone know the stud measurements for a vienta ?

PCD for 1993+ Camry/Vienta is 5 x 114.3mm
Offset is around + 45mm.

PCD is same as Lexus ES300.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Vienta V6 (no laughing) Mon, 01 August 2005 07:27 Go to previous message
OE Honda and Mazda 5 stud wheels will fit your car, but it wont work the other way around. Toyota use a smaller sized hub so their wheels will fit your camry, but not the other way around without machining the hub of the wheel larger.

those SSR'sprobably wont fit... too much of a RWD offset on them, also 9" wide is REALLY pushing it (your elooking at a small flare job)

i have a 3vz-fe/a40e automatic. i feel the pain when it comes to go fast bits, although it is quite entertaining to beat the older commodores and falcons at the lights Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 07:31]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST141 Corona Info
Next Topic:5mge ignition
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:36:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005836009979248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.