Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Falco
Newcomer

July 2005
1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Sun, 31 July 2005 10:14 Go to next message
Hi all. just wondering if any1 here could help me out. iv got an 85 Crown ms123, and was looking at doing an engine swap. I was thinking of potentially putting in a 1JZGTE or a 7M-GTE, but was not sure of what would be the best fit. if anyone here could help me out it would be much appreciated
thanks a lot
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Sun, 31 July 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M = easiest
1JZ = not too hard, and a reasonable idea
1UZ = also a good idea
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Sun, 31 July 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What he said. But if you want to go nuts, your options are wide open since the MS123 is a full-chassis vehicle. Big block Hemi perhaps? Wink
Falco
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Sun, 31 July 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool. thanks for the help guys
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Mon, 01 August 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yor only limitations with an engine conversion is the squeeze you're going to have with the chassis in the engine bay limiting space for exhaust manifolds etc, as well as the steering box.

I think the 1UZ-FE is going to be the best option. I've been visually comparing the MS123 and UZS131 crowns for cross compatibility of parts and they are quite close. I have a UZS131 (1uzfe quadcam V8) model crown and when i need parts ive been trying to look at MS123s for compatible bits. They look so similar that i would suggest a UZS131 frontcut would make life a piece of piss for smacking in the lexus V8.

P.S. i have a bare bones uzs131 frontcut out the back which can be used for measurements and comparisons of engine bays, crossmembers etc.
Falco
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Mon, 01 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the witzl, just wondering, do you know how much would i be looking at for a UZS131 frontcut. i've been able to source sum prices for the 7m and 1jz but i haven't been able to find anything on the 1UZ-FE.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Mon, 01 August 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple of grand generally, they're often the cheapest of the 1UZ cuts. Ask all the wreckers in your area, and if for some reason you have trouble finding one, you'll soon get one from interstate sent over.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Tue, 02 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would recommend a 1UZFE. Crown UZS131 halfcut would be $22-2800. Having fitted one to my ancient Crown, I can only say good things about it.
Falco
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Wed, 03 August 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any ideas who to contact in regards to getting a half cut?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1985 Crown Royal Saloon Engine Conversion Thu, 04 August 2005 00:36 Go to previous message
Check the FAQ thread up the top for a list of Importers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:auto to manual.
Next Topic:Hot coil problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:51:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059559345245361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.