Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ripfast
Regular

June 2005
1jz hydraulic water pump Sun, 31 July 2005 12:34 Go to next message
hi.
i am powering through my 1jz conversion into my VK commodore and was wondering what the best thing to do with the hydraulics on the water pump would be, i know you have to keep fluid through them or they seize. i dont want to change the pump so i was thinking either a bit of pipe like a 'U' that just loops the fluid or running it through the resovoir like usual but then instead of into the fan run it through the auto trans cooler section of my radiator which i dont need anymore and is nice and close to the pump, so its similar to running through the fan...

wadda ya think?

[Updated on: Sun, 31 July 2005 12:36]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Sun, 31 July 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a "U" pipe is fine
ripfast
Regular

June 2005
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Sun, 31 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the oil wont overheat? or anything
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another option is to pull the hydraulic pump apart and remove the internals so it doesn't pump any more. This was discussed here a while ago, do a search and you should be able to find the details.
Bentt
Regular

May 2003
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$120 for a waterpump without the hydrauylic pump brnad new from penrith toyota...

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget you need a new pulley too. How much for one of those?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$60 from a machine shop if you can borrow one off someone
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing to think about is actually using the hydraulic fan, if you can get ahold of one for stuff all.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you choose this option, you'll need the small fan controller unit thingy, or you'll be stuck like I was with a hydraulic fan that only runs at low speed (which does not provide adequate cooling) - but it is nice and slimline
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I THINK if you just apply power to the valve on the pump then it will allow the pressure increase to bring the fan up to full steam ahead. I THINK.
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Mon, 01 August 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a small computer box that is mounted right beside the ECU in the passengers footwell that control the fan. I used the hydraulic fan on a 1JZ conversion in a VL and it worked great.

As Draven said it is a very slimline fan unit and only works when it is required to.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Tue, 02 August 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plus they actually shift a reasonable quantity of air, unlike electric fans, don't they?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Tue, 02 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what electric fan you're talking about.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Tue, 02 August 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They can shift an arseload of air, way more than any electric fan I've come across.
ripfast
Regular

June 2005
Re: 1jz hydraulic water pump Tue, 02 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous message
ive already got a davies craig 16inch thermo on there. i have the radiator with the fan but id have to mount it rather than just putting the stock one back in place.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2t Will not idle
Next Topic:Aftermarket Pod Filters
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 11:54:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048980712890625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.