Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » getting rid of rats?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:00 Go to next message
are there people who like come round and spray for rats like other pests? We are having troubles with them at our house climbing into the car engine bays to get warm. I suffered a eaten hi tension wire in the ma70 Mad

Does anyone know how to get rid of them/ deter them other than the obvious ratsack? (i have dogs and dont particularly think thatd be a smart combo)
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have access to a cat. Put a cloth in the cat's bed for a while and then stick it near the engine.

Smile

No idea whether it works or not, but I know it works real well on dogs/cats if you have access to a tiger! Laughing

[Edit: And FARK that sig is huge! Please cut it down! Sad]

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 08:05]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do have a cat, but it lives inside away from the dogs...they dont get along well together
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sif man, cats n dogs will live together if you make them. For your rats, its called rubber band gun hunting.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 4 foot long Sand Goanna that'll make short work of the Rat. I'll hire him out to you if you like. Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame you are 1000km away! farkurnell

unforgiven - mate my cat is nuts. they have hated each other for the last 13 years, and its not gonna change anytime soon lol
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You live on the south side, its full of rats, scum and the like. So get used to it!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's all them neuvo rich yuppies that have turned hawthorne/bulilmba into the suburban nightmare it is today Laughing Very Happy

seriously: get some possum-cages and bait them with normal food laced with Talon (a rather nasty but effective rodenticide). The rats shodl get caught trying to get the bait but not be caught by the dogs after consuming the poison.

... or try the traditional big bucket of water - a large, deep bucket of water, suspend bait at end of slipper pole/glass which is in turn suspended out over the water, rats go for bait, slip into water & drown. However, don't forget some rats are good swimmers Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks charles.

have you been on msn recently? I have to give you some stuff to advert in the tcc newsletter and also give you my 21st invite.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blake, you have PM
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 21:31

it's all them neuvo rich yuppies that have turned hawthorne/bulilmba into the suburban nightmare it is today Laughing Very Happy

seriously: get some possum-cages and bait them with normal food laced with Talon (a rather nasty but effective rodenticide). The rats shodl get caught trying to get the bait but not be caught by the dogs after consuming the poison.

... or try the traditional big bucket of water - a large, deep bucket of water, suspend bait at end of slipper pole/glass which is in turn suspended out over the water, rats go for bait, slip into water & drown. However, don't forget some rats are good swimmers Wink

and remember to grease the inner sides of the bucket
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and put a fuckin vid camera there as well, this i wanna c !
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some nuclear waste and make a splinter. And train him. Or maybe he'll train you, and your brothers. Laughing

Bored at work Confused
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shotgun with bird shot!lmao, be a bit messy inside.if the rats are really big go a 7mm win mag. Laughing
mick
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sat, 23 July 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you've got to get too close with a shotgun ...

i once saw an idiot shoot at close range a large toad hapily sitting on what turned out to be a still wet cow-pat with a dry coating. The weapon of choice was a '410 shotgun.

The result? no obvious sign of the toad, but the shooter and gun was covered in a fine mist of cow-shit, dust, grass and probably bits of toad. He had to walk back to the house (was on a farm) as he stunk too much to get in the car (ute was elsewhere) and we couldn't remember where the nearest watering trough was. Laughing

the moral of the story: point shotguns into the air when firing - hosing a target sitting on the ground with large number of metal things is a stupid idea.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Sun, 24 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm interesting - i have a 12 gauge shotty too Wink i think the buck shot i have might be too fat tho Laughing
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: getting rid of rats? Sun, 24 July 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take them out with a 12G solid dude! You know you want to!

Those ultrasonic pest repeller things work, but only for a few months and then the rats get used to the sound!

I used to take out rats on my old mans farm with the old air rifle... unfortunately only headshots killed them from a decent range.
The bonus with this is you get REALLY good at shooting!
I used to be able to shoot a moving rat in the head from about 20m... don't know if I'd have the skill anymore though.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Sun, 24 July 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 18:33

I've got a 4 foot long Sand Goanna that'll make short work of the Rat. I'll hire him out to you if you like. Wink

haha awsome! goannas rock Smile
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: getting rid of rats? Mon, 25 July 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.doe.mtu.edu/news/news_images/worlds_largest_bear_trap3.jpg
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Mon, 25 July 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sun, 24 July 2005 13:04

hmmm interesting - i have a 12 gauge shotty too Wink i think the buck shot i have might be too fat tho Laughing

lol yea I think there will be nothing left of the rat if you use a buck shot, although

if you can get your hands on a 22 it will make short work of them and not leave to big a clean up
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: getting rid of rats? Mon, 25 July 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the point the kids just fall right through Laughing
and are the rats inside, cause i wouldnt, go shooting rats inside with a shotty
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Mon, 25 July 2005 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If no other animals or children are going into the garage and it is secure from outsiders, fill a pan of pure coolant. Animals love the stuff because it is supposed to taste sweet. Watch them go blind, die or both after they drink it.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: getting rid of rats? Tue, 26 July 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
call for the pied piper Laughing
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: getting rid of rats? Tue, 26 July 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spud gun would be pretty effective Very Happy I fired a spud over 300m with mine Wink
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Tue, 26 July 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferrets!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Tue, 26 July 2005 15:39

Spud gun would be pretty effective Very Happy I fired a spud over 300m with mine Wink

so what are we planning here getting the rat putting it in the spud gun and firing it over 300m or firing a spud at the rat. Razz
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hire Garfield
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garfield wouldn't do shit he is a lazy arse mother what you need is tom or jerry whichever one the cat was Very Happy
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't be much left of the rat if I fired a spud at it Wink
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can mix milk with plaster of paris, and place a plate of it under your engine bay. Make it reasonably smooth, not too hard.

The rats love the smell of it......and then the mix hardens in their guts....and kills 'em.

Evil...but cheap...learnt it off an old Queensland farmer. He gave up buying expensive toxins and came up with this remedy lol

Rick
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Wed, 27 July 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

that sounds like a fun way to die
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: getting rid of rats? Thu, 28 July 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont want to stand out in the cold shooting them! i want something automatic!
rick_o
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: getting rid of rats? Mon, 01 August 2005 02:22 Go to previous message
mynameisrodney wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 19:17

that sounds like a fun way to die

The human version would be eating Maccas/HJ/KFC etc and waiting for your arteries to harden Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:funniest one liners your've heard. tv or in life etc.
Next Topic:Frozen Toyotas, the new thing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:23:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088491439819336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.