Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Sun, 17 July 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Daniel,
I was going to ask if you can get the 30th off to come to Willowbank but remembered it is your birthday Razz Charlie should be coming down to and racing in the soarer so it should be good.
  Send a private message to this user    
Bratwurst_Boy
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Mon, 18 July 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that really sucks my head chef is having that weekend off so i have to work saturday and sunday then be at tafe in mooloolaba at 8:30am on monday its not goin to be pretty. u got someone filming, even if i can't get there still be good on video.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Mon, 18 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haven't organised it yet but shouldn't be hard. Maybe josh can do it if he isn't racing? I don't know if I could trust Felicia to the filming! Razz Monique isn't coming because of work. Blake might come so he may do it. Otherwise, Len maybe coming as well but he may be racing also. So there should be someone with decent camera skills in there somewhere Razz
Bratwurst_Boy
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Mon, 18 July 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool sounds like it will be a good night.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Fri, 22 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEY, yup i, pretty sure ill be able to make it and ill be able to video, i dont think ill race. i know how slow my car is and its limits. will be bringing a few of the boys as well but they dont have cars worth mentioning haha,

there is a drift spectacular or something i think on either the staturday or sunday(look on boostcruising for info) is anyone going to this ?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Fri, 22 July 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for no update, but I don't think I will be ready to race yet. Have to sort some stuff out. I would say I am a 10% chance at the moment.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha well i know i diffenetly wont be racing anymore Smile

but if your going ill still go, although 10% chance is pretty slim haha,

so anyone wana sell me a 4efte ?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new date is 20th August. Needs to be tuned again as the wideband o2 sensor they used reads incorrectly! Shocked

Couple of other things to get sorted also. Quite happy that with no boost controller connected runs 15psi. That is what I want to run at the moment. That seems plenty fast for me Very Happy

bad luck about your engine mate. Sounds like it was pinging as the dyno guy said. I was thinking it could have been turbo but by what you said on the starlet site it does sound like engine. I would do a compression test just to be sure. BTW your barstard dog pissed on me when I picked him up to go outside! Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 26 July 2005 07:02]

fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha its not my dog im just the fatherly figure . haha it pisses on everything i dont know how such a small dog can piss so much,

well so far ive sourced a 60,000k engine for $900 and might be getting some guys from the starlet club to help swap engines otherwise ive got a quote for $600 labour
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aah oh then Smile

I would use $40 of the $600 for labour and hire a hoist and do it with the starlet guys. Same engine swaps are piece of piss!
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah everyone keeps telling me they are easy to do, but their are extra costs like oil filters n main oil seals,timing belts,
ild really like to do it myself or help someone do it so i can learn but i just dont wana be a pain in anyones arse Smile
either way it should be back in 3-4 weeks
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Tue, 26 July 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah there are little extra bits to do, but a mechanic will have to do them as well (hopefully) and it will cost you at least $50/hr for them to do it. I would start an event called "engine swap day" on the starlet site. Give everyone beer and a bbq and I am sure you will get the numbers Very Happy
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Wed, 27 July 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah if i was supplying beer and bbq "engine swap day" would turn into , everyone sit around n chat n play soccer n chat n sit around and "not work on the engine at all day"

one of the guys workshops is going to do it all for 400 bucks Smile
he just rang like 3 minutes ago so thats realy cheap,
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Wed, 27 July 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that is a good price. It cost me $500 labour about 3 years ago for a 1g to 1g swap in my soarer.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Wed, 27 July 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know.. if i had realised that mercury was just in newmarket.. i would have come..
i thought it was out past milton way.. bummer
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 11:03

you know.. if i had realised that mercury was just in newmarket.. i would have come..

You dumbass! Everyone knows where mercury is. Even me, I don't even live in Brisbane! Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 28 July 2005 13:00

Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 27 July 2005 11:03

You dumbass! Everyone knows where mercury is. Even me, I don't even live in Brisbane! Razz

well when i bought my IC off them.. the guy had to come from other side of brisbane way.. so i just assumed it would be that way somewhere
however that was before they made the workshop

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2005 03:12]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aah ok then Smile

Next time hey.

You want to come to Willowbank on the 21st? Hopefully get a couple of quick 1j's out there Very Happy
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Fri, 29 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll prolly head out chris...totally different setup now so im interested in seeing what times i can get...dyno figures are promising

Kirk you dont happen to drive through the backstreets of macgregor & past garden city around 7:30am weekdays do you?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Fri, 29 July 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good Nick.

Maybe we can get a "turnout" this time Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Sat, 30 July 2005 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 15:57

Sounds good Nick.

Maybe we can get a "turnout" this time Smile

i alone am a turnout....
shit
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: (QLD) Dyno Day 9th Mercury ( starlet club) Mon, 01 August 2005 09:20 Go to previous message
NickAE86 wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 15:02

Kirk you dont happen to drive through the backstreets of macgregor & past garden city around 7:30am weekdays do you?

Nope... I'm not even out of bed at that time Laughing
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SUNSHINE COAST CRUISE THIS SUNDAY !
Next Topic:1st Annual CELICA SUPER CRUISE: Saturday the 30th of July, 2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:00:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051321983337402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.