Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sat, 25 January 2003 09:29 Go to next message
Thanks to Celicamads website for this.

Well after putting my 1JZGTE into my car I sent it off to get the Exhaust done and found out that I have a stuffed turbo.. so off they come to get replaced under warrenty so I thought I would show you lot what a proper exhaust shop can do!

BTW the business was Exotic Exhaust in Brisbane.

http://jzgte.com/~nickc/images/mycar/1JZSwap/shotturbos/2/images/DSC00004.jpg

http://jzgte.com/~nickc/images/mycar/1JZSwap/shotturbos/2/images/DSC00020.jpg

More photos here

http://jzgte.com/~nickc/images/mycar/forum_sig.jpg
Performance Forums
  Send a private message to this user    
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sat, 25 January 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats some nice work there.... what did that set you back?
Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sat, 25 January 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yes Celicamads famous twin pipes replacement of the Y piece Smile
A must do mod.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sat, 25 January 2003 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice... definatly my next thing to do! i just wish i had backed off the studs and put bolts in when i had the turbos off a few weeks ago!! damn! Anyhow, only takes me and a mate 45 minutes to have my turbos off the motor so its not too much extra.

Luke
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sun, 26 January 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ? How much ?
Razz

Those pipes look awesome... very well made.
I like the shot of them un-installed.
Do they come out to a 3" flange ? Cos the rest of my exhaust is 3" mandrel system. Would be nice to finish it off and put this in front of it all.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sun, 26 January 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious how's the exhaust sensor gunna go only being in the flow of half the motor? not that i have an idea of how they work... so I'm not claiming to be an expert, just something I noticed.
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sun, 26 January 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the cost is $600, bit of money but I think it's worth it. Yeah joins up to a 3" pipe.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Sun, 26 January 2003 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman, the oxygen sensor will still work as normal, because it just measures the ratio of air/fuel. It won't make any difference only measuring from one pipe, as the ratio would be the same for both dump pipes.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Mon, 27 January 2003 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You hope the A/F ratios are the same for both dump pipes, but in many circumstances this may not be the case. Serious race engines use exhaust gas temperature to determin A/F ratios (more accurate or something), & will have 1 sensor per cylinder. It is very possible for 1 or only a couple of cylinders to terminally lean out.
For example, I've heard that with WRXs, with their 2 fuel rails, that with a bit of work & with the injectors really working hard, the 4th cylinder can lean out 'cos there's just not enough fuel making it to the 4th injector. WRX go bang now.

I'm nor saying it's heaps bad or anything, I've seen/heard of plenty of people doing it, it's just that you can have different A/F ratios for different cylinders, & this may cause probs. The other solution is 2 O2 sensors, or a heated sensor mounted further down where the 2 go into 1.

Re: What every 1JZ owner should get done! [Warning Large Pics] Mon, 27 January 2003 02:28 Go to previous message
The O2 sensor on the 1j, as in most modern efi engines is only used to control A/F ratios in closed loop operation, ie. at idle or constant low load cruising.

so to only be testing one pipe from the engine would be accurate enough for these low risk conditions.

My twin pipes have only one sensor as well. If I wasnt conserned about fuel consumption I wouldn't use it at all!!

Matt

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What Toyota manual is this?
Next Topic:Colour for 1981 Celica XX (Mk2 Supra)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:41:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054161548614502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.