Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 09:05 Go to next message
I recieved a speeding fine on Sunday the 31st of July. I was traveling from the Cunningham Hwy to QR. Not seeing a speed sign I accelerated up to 100km/h again. I haven't been to QR in over 18 months so I didn't remember the area too well. An unmarked car pulled me over at the gates to QR and told me I was doing 101km/h in a 60km/h zone. On leaving the track that arfternoon I decided to find out why I didn't notice the 60km/h sign. I hardly ever miss a sign and rarely exceed the limit as I can't afford to lose my licence. To my amazement I did not find a sign that said that the zone was 60km/h. I filmed the entire road (thanks Dan) as evidence.

I then remembered a sign that I had seen at Brisbane airport.

So I now have video footage showing that there is no sign on the in-comming road and that the sign says that 100km/h is the default speed limit on rural roads unless otherwise signed. A built up area is defined as a road that allows access to private property and is lit by a series of street lights. I do not believe that Champions Way fits that description.

So with this evidence I have decided to dispute the fine and suspension. If anyone knows someone who was fined for speeding on Sunday give them my email address and I will happily share the evidence

ckpellatt@hotmail.com

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pound that coppers ass
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to announce my stupidity but what exactly is QR? you were not coming onto the rail road so i got no idea sorry. I am also north bris so maybe its something on the south side?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah Queensland Raceway???? I got confused when you mentioned the airport.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my recollection too, the hwy either side of the QR exit is 100kmh.

There's no signage along Champions Way regarding speed (as far as i can recall), tho it might pay to check to see if there is signage on the highway exit signs with speed advisories on the side-roads or exit roads.

You might stumble of the category (or is that gazetal?) of the road (Champions Way ) not being an actual highway - but that's a technicality that needs real legal research.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always thought champions way was 60km/h. I havent seen the sign there for the last few times I have been there because I havent really been looking, but am positive it was there.... So you saying there is no sign at all on champions way? If not then fight the system! You may loose but you may also win. Goodluck!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate roads with no speed signs
Mad RS
Regular

December 2003
Re: Speeding fines comming into QR Mon, 01 August 2005 13:14 Go to previous message
There is one speed limit sign on Champions Way but it is half way along and faces the out going traffic. I took footage all the way from the Cunningham Hwy to the gates of Queensland Raceway.

If you know anyone else who was fined give them my email if they want to dispute the fine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I'm odd
Next Topic:Anyone tried NOS ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:48:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059430599212646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.