Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
drifta303
Newcomer

July 2005
icon14.gif  4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions? Tue, 02 August 2005 03:38 Go to next message
Hey guys, im considering getting a ke20/25/30/35 corolla and putting a 4age engine into it and was wondering what is required and is it hard to scource the parts for this conversion?

From what i know there are more FWD 4age's around then RWD ones and the RWD setups are hard to get a hold of so I take it I will need to get a FWD 4age and a 'T50 gearbox'?

if it is too hard to get a hold of these parts, perhaps I should go for somthing like the '2T' .. is this engine also hard to get hold of?

Basically I am looking for somthing that is a relatively easy conversion, but I want to get at least 70kw if possible

Cheers,

Paul
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions? Tue, 02 August 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The search button will give you every bit of info on the aforementioned conversion options. This has been covered soooooooo many times now.

The 4A option or 2T option are both conversions that have been done many times into the corolla models you have mentioned. As far as engine converions go they are fairly straight forward, so long as you have a bit of a clue.

For a KE25 to 4AGE set up look at Megz ride in the memebrs cars section of this forum, he has outlined most of his steps.
Jezza
Regular

June 2002
Re: 4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions? Tue, 02 August 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u could get 70rwkw out of a 2t-g without too much trouble

just need the matching teXX engine mounts (& crossmember?) and a t50 box and hydraulic clutch.....4age is same but custom engine mounts....
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions? Tue, 02 August 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4age into a ae71, to easy Cool like a 4age into a ae86... but cheaper!
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 4age into Ke20/25/30 - what is required? gearbox etc.. other easier conversions? Tue, 02 August 2005 07:28 Go to previous message
Yeah as Shane said i am doing this conversion(nearly complete). parts aren't really hard to find it will be just the mounts which will probably make you look away from it unless you can make your own or have mates who can.
If you have any questions about a ke25 in 4age just pm us, but if not check out the link in my signature.
Cheers
Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aftermarket Pod Filters
Next Topic:Toyota V8s
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 22:07:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057740211486816 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.