Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pLaYa_OnE wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 09:51

hey,

Cheers DRFTAE86, appreciate the advise. what's the best way to work out where exectly you've lined up the bar when your looking at the underside? sure i can get a vague guestimate based on the shape of the thing and the alignment of the bar in the boot. How did you do it?

thanks again.

All i did was place the brace in my boot in the position where the mounts sat 'most' flush with the chassis. From here i just used a permanent marker to mark where i would have to drill through the chassis using the bolt holes in the brace mounts as a guide.

Then with the bolt holes marked on the chassis... i jacked the car up (placeing it on car stands) and took off the rear wheels.
I first used a small dril piece to drill the holes through the chassis from inside the boot. After each hole, i checked under the arch to see where excatly it came out. If you place the strut in pretty much the same position as mine, u'll be fine as there isn't really anything you could acceidently drill into.

After these first holes were drilled, i placed the brace in the same position as before in the boot to see if the holes i had made in the chassis lined up with the holes on the brace mounts.

After i had checked that, i got a larger drill piece to re-drill the holes again to the actual size of the bolts i had bought. (I used larger bolts then the 1's that fit into the brace mounts, u can choose to do this or stay with the bolts that fit the original size holes of the brace mounts. (IF u do use larger bolts u will have to re-drill the holes in the brace mounts to the size of the bolts ur using). Just make sure ur drill piece is the same thickness as the bolts u are planning to use.

After that i placed the brace back in the boot, in the correct position to line up the holes in the chassis with the holes on the brace mounts.
Then i just placed the bolts through the brace mounts and the chassis (remember to use washers) and managed to reach under the car with the other hand to screw on the nut to the bolt (this is where having sum1 to give u a hand comes in handy). Then just do all 4 bolts and nuts up tight. When thats done do up the bolts that attach the actual bar/brace to the mounts.

And the brace installation is done. Very Happy

PS: The bolts i used were 25mm long [which is perfect] and the size was M10. I think the size for the standard holes is M8.
  Send a private message to this user    
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFTAE86 = Champ Very Happy
DCtrd
Regular

July 2004

Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine in perth today Surprised

thanks
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i put my rear one on today, way easier than i though it would be, took about 10minters.

i cant belive how thin the metal is in the wheel arches, its aonly about 1-1mm think, crasy shit.
JNR 13B
Regular

June 2003
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have got mine
putting it is this weekend.

thank you T
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it on today, Wasn't expecting such an imporvment! Very Happy
Thanks again tarek
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeap, I got mine in Perth too today.

Returned from Tafe and found them in my room. I was like "SWEET!"

Thanks Tarek, they might've taken ages, but well worth the wait ^_^
RACESPEC
Regular

Forum Sponsor

July 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to hear you are all happy with the final product and outcome

stay tuned for more items for the AE86

- TRACTION BRACKETS
- CONNECTING RODS
- Upper and Lower Traction Rods
- Drift Buttons
- and some special stuff

Cheers

Tarek
RACESPEC
sales@racespec.com.au
ae86 Drifter
Regular

January 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool keep use updated.very interested
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a coupla pics for anyone so interested, sorry about the dodgy mobile phone quality:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4109/front3gd.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/152/rear6jr.jpg

as you can see i still have my rear trim, i first removed it, then bolted the brace in place, then cut out the part around the brace so i could put the trim back in. i did this cause my cars a daily driver and i like having it look as neat as possible, and i also like being able to carry my golf buggy in the boot without it damaging anything Smile

mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who wants to pick mine up from the post office? Very Happy
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bolted mine on, very happy! thanks Tarek. also thanks to cannonball for looking after mine untill i could pick it up!
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine yesterday Mr T!! Very nice finish on them, very happy customer here. Thanks for the effort T, appreciate it. Smile

I'll probably put mine in on the weekend, not that I can drive the car to feel the difference, 'cos it's up on stands lol. Laughing

Will post some pics once installed. Smile
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still waiting Crying or Very Sad
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im intrested in some of the other parts you mentined, if would be good if they didnt take as long to get.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi
is it at all dangerous having you battery next to you surge tank, spark and fuel not a good combo, or doesnt it matter cuz the battery is in a container???
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got mine WOOT! Very Happy
evilsub
Regular

August 2003
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
received mine yesterday

thanks tarek
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 02 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worry's Cri ag, and Thanks again for the lil gift.

Hmmmm Beeeerr. Very Happy

Sorry i couldnt offer you one, Only cold drink i had in my fridge was water Razz
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Wed, 03 August 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got my strut braces and couldn't be happier!
Definately will look at anything else on offer.
Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Wed, 03 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.wolfwood, i cant see there being a problem, been running it like this for a while now (over a year). i think the fuel pump mounted right next to the surge tank would be more of a problem due to heat rather than the possibility of a spark. if you want a better pick lemme know.
RACESPEC
Regular

Forum Sponsor

July 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Mon, 08 August 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Goodwin

Please contact me with Address details as yours has come back

Thanks

Tarek
RACESPEC
sales@racespec.com.au
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 09 August 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ you can contact Scott G @ aki9snakeman@hotmail.com
RACESPEC
Regular

Forum Sponsor

July 2004
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Tue, 09 August 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate

Tarek
RACESPEC
sales@racespec.com.au
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: STRUT BRACES AE86 - PAYMENTS REQUIRED Wed, 10 August 2005 05:52 Go to previous message
no probs... sent him an email myself telling him you were after him..
If you cant get onto him.. than I wil be more than happy to except the braces for him... Rolling Eyes he will get em eventually Wink Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 05:52]

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:st162 auto gearbox
Next Topic:FS: 100Kw 4-AGE engine, gearbox, ECU and loom. - Now Wrecking - see new thread.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 15:26:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072040557861328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.