Toymods » Cruises and Events » Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Mon, 18 July 2005 05:44 Go to next message
http://www.accordturbo.com/AccordAus/showthread.ph p?t=463

hope to see a few toymodders out there!!

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 01:35]

Send a private message to this user    
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: upcoming cruise Mon, 18 July 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be in for sure,

get back on details,
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: upcoming cruise Mon, 18 July 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably crusie pending work and Offical cruises on here

I was on the Gremlins cruise was dead set insane.

Always willing to help out a fellow car nut
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: upcoming cruise Mon, 18 July 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd definitely be there, and im sure Sydney Rolla Club could get a few people together Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: upcoming cruise Mon, 18 July 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in, as long as its not on a saturday Confused.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumped
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anymore details on the route, ie i don't wanna just drive up a freeway, if theres corners and lost of em i'll be there probably otherwise probably not. Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 11:51

anymore details on the route, ie i don't wanna just drive up a freeway, if theres corners and lost of em i'll be there probably otherwise probably not. Very Happy

yeah, cause like showing how good your corona is at "keeping up with corollas in the twisties" is more important than helping out a good cause...
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"thinkin freeway up and corners on the way back so ppl who dont want 2 go the bumpy way dont have too, but wen it comes down 2 it its entirely up to them, cars will get seperated through sydney anyway"

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 03:47]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 13:16

yeah, cause like showing how good your corona is at "keeping up with corollas in the twisties" is more important than helping out a good cause...

err no one being on greens i don't wanna have to speed all day, two i find it boring to drive mindlessly up a freeway at 110kmph. I have no problem with supporting the cause, but just don't wanna be on a mass freeway cruise.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 13:34

Merudo wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 13:16

err no one being on greens i don't wanna have to speed all day, two i find it boring to drive mindlessly up a freeway at 110kmph. I have no problem with supporting the cause, but just don't wanna be on a mass freeway cruise.

seriosuly man, why would the cruise ONLY be freeway anyway?

Read what jesse said before your post and then realise what he said means there will be corners (as if there wasnt going to be anyway) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err i did read Jesse's post i was just explaining my reasoning behind my thoughts.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been on plenty of cruises with the likes of NS.com etc and they bitch n moan if they have to go anywhere except a freeway. Some of the most BORING cruises i have aver been on.

It may seem unnatural to a toymods member to have a cruise without bends, but as this is not a toymods cruise, i think corona has a perfectly valid question. There are some damn ricey clubs out there that the only twisty roads they cruise on is through the rocks.
JDSracing
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunate as it may seem, this cruise is not being run by a ricey car club, it is being run by a Street Racing Cartel known formally as JDS Racing, however, in this instance our primary concern is numbers, raising as much money as we can in the face of the first bills already coming in, and making it an enjoyable day for all concerned.

So this is what the plan is; the official Cruise only goes from Homebush to Caves Beach Reserve, after that the return trip is entirely up to you, if you want freeway, you can have freeway, if you want bends there are a few alternatives, mainly; the Old Pacific Highway and Wisemans Ferry.

Now to clear a few things up, there will be car clubs there who only want to partake in a freeway cruise, unfortunately though, the numbers of them greatly out number the people who want to fly through bends, so a freeway cruise has been decided and settled upon. There are no restrictions on the return drive and JDS Racing for one WILL be taking the windy way home.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 05:08]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah honestly i would have to say myself this wouldnt normally be my scene, but cause its one of my friends in need im all for it.
if i was still behind the wheel of the t18 i think ide be organising a old p run after it
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

if you want bends there are a few alternatives, mainly; the Old Pacific Highway and Wisemans Ferry.

there we go Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there 100% with a passenger, as long as im not working Very Happy

I'll post this up on Sydney Rolla Club as an official event Very Happy

EDIT: posted up http://sydrollaclub.manuel-design.net/forum/viewto pic.php?t=56

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 10:48]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 02 August 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of you know that I'll definately be there... Wouldn't miss helping Ben for the world...
Akury
Occasional Poster

August 2005

Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 03 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys you can count me in.
I'll be there for sure, considering Ben's shape. Been down to the hospital many a time to see him.....

BTW, rolla boy nice burnout up the TAFE hill
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 03 August 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers dude Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 03 August 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i might tag along depending if im working or not..always their to help out a cause..
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Thu, 04 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in as mentioned on the other sites. Cool
zErTeK[2k]
Regular

July 2005
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Thu, 04 August 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caves beach is nice sport n produces some great surf i might come aolong just for the surf Very Happy

-nathan
JDSracing
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Fri, 05 August 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright, here's an update, we are having problems with the independant management of this cruise (not related/nor immediate friends of Ben).

As far as they're concerned it will be their way or nothing at all, so if anybody hears that it has been called off, for any reason what-so-ever, please check back here immediately.

Unless it is solely expressed here from the JDSracing account, the cruise will be on, no matter what rumors / people are telling you otherwise.
JDSracing
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Sat, 06 August 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**Compromise reached and all parties are happy, now lets make this the cruise of the year. Pictures are being published in HOT4S of this cruise, so lets not disappoint anyone.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Sun, 07 August 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO DONATE VIA BANK TRANSFER, ASK ME AND I WILL PM YOU THE BANK DETAILS...

Cheers...
ae92_GZE
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Mon, 08 August 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm there... wont be able to drive but should be able to get someone to drive my car!!

Should be a good day!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 09 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not sure what's happening with me either right now. Had a little accident with the car yesterday so it's off the road...

I'll be there for either just the meet up to get my money in, or cruise along as well if i manage to get a lift off someone Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 10 August 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i might show up for this one. im heading down to sydney to collect my new car this weekend. but one thing, how far is the starting point of cruise from kingsford??

ps, its kingsford, NOT KINGSCROSS!!!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 10 August 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not too far at all, im near kings cross (pretty much) and it takes around 40min with no traffic...

So from kingsford it'd be around 55min or so...but that's with heaps of traffic lights Razz
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Wed, 10 August 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ways things are looking i wont be able to make this one sorry guys Crying or Very Sad i reallly wish i could seeing its for a good cause Sad
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Thu, 11 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i should be there. is there any toymods pre meet?? coz i dont know anyone frm sydney, so be smart and be good host ya?? Very Happy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Thu, 11 August 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 12:45

i should be there. is there any toymods pre meet?? coz i dont know anyone frm sydney, so be smart and be good host ya?? Very Happy

If you dont know the way, i can meet up with you on parra road if you like. I'll most likely be in my mates VS commo tho, since my car is off the road Crying or Very Sad
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Thu, 11 August 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be able to find the place. will have a local with me. just dont want to go there not knowing anyone
JDSracing
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Sun, 14 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know, the cruise today went well. We had people meeting us at Homebush, and at the halfway point at the twin Caltex's. Unfortunately, when it came to donation time, a whole heap of cars left, without chipping in a penny... In light of this, we have made available a way of donating money towards Ben's cause. Just click on the JDSRacing link below, and click on the donate button.

Your help in this would be greatly appreciated.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Sun, 14 August 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car were you in???
yeh_yeh_whatever
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Mon, 15 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i was there.. yes the cruise was good

i followed everyone to get food and when i got back there was no one there...

i was in the red civic..

i saw adam and heaps of other toyotas (corollas, camry etc)

anyone got pics??
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Mon, 15 August 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics are up...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v630/Rolla_Boy/Forev er%20Young%20Run/

Raised around the $800 mark too as I was told... So was a great day all round...
yeh_yeh_whatever
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 16 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice pics Cool
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sunday 14th August cruise- help a friend out Tue, 16 August 2005 13:01 Go to previous message
Cheers dude...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Show
Next Topic:WSID 10th August, who's keen?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:58:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070431232452393 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.