Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 01:50 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I went to a Nissan and Rotary drag day at WSID yesterday, it wasnt an official competition, but it was good to see some quick cars running against each other. I have seen a toyota vs honda day in NZ, and that went well. With the number of performance toyotas and nissans, it would be like ford vs holden. Im just talking in the clouds here, but who would be intersted? Yesterday, it was more of a test and tune day, but racers raced their cars 30+ times!

I think there are more quicker nissans out there than Toyotas, with GTR's in the 8's etc. Id like to organise something like this, but have no idea how!

Discuss...
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great idea i reckon, i'd be there to have a look at least would be an interesting day. I hear a R31 did a 400m burnout, the guy is on other forums i'm on and is pretty friendly it ran a 12.1.
[quote author=fatz link=topic=29240.msg288523#msg288523 date=1122874037]
http://www.gunnamotorsport.com/pics/DSC_4147.jpg
[/quote]
Like you though i have no idea how something like this would be organised.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 05:37]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe PM Puzzleman or send an email to the board (which will get to him as well) board@toymods.org.au
Blue_Stivo
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would be interesting to find some Pulsars to go up against a few Rollas too Wink
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, that R31, built by Triple G, looked dodget, but was quick.,
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 01 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 13:48

Yeah, that R31, built by Triple G, looked dodget, but was quick.,

thats his whole idea to make it look as bogan as possible dodgy shaker, spray can bonnet, RB30Det though lunched there RB20 box at the end of the day.
It said to get a bit of a makeover in the future though that wasn't his original plans and neither was the strip, he likes corners, and has started drifting it was its first outing at a drag strip.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 11:53

Great idea i reckon, i'd be there to have a look at least would be an interesting day. I hear a R31 did a 400m burnout, the guy is on other forums i'm on and is pretty friendly it ran a 12.1.
[quote author=fatz link=topic=29240.msg288523#msg288523 date=1122874037]
http://www.gunnamotorsport.com/pics/DSC_4147.jpg
[/quote]
Like you though i have no idea how something like this would be organised.

if he did a 400m burnout he would have reversed back to the start line had the andra official on the start line pull him out of the car kick him in the arse, chuck him back in the car and send him home with a lifetime ban for him and his pit crew for being a clown.

would have been good to know this was on, i love kicking gtst ass.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 00:36]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=29 240.0
[quote author=88silhouette link=topic=29240.msg288329#msg288329 date=1122851706]
yup
cracker of a day

best of the day was 12.119 @ 111mph 60' was 1.634

i had a ball on the drag strip. we got in twenty runs. i did most of the runs, and peter and glen from triple g workshop had a few runs as well. glen managed a burnout down to the 660' marker in 3rd gear, and then bettered it with a full 1/4mile burnout in 3rd gear.

massive thank you to glen hunter from triple g. the car has been to two mechanics recently - neither of them could fix the air flow meter problem, or the clutch problem. glen got under the car and nailed both problems in a matter of no time. all i can say to you boys who want to go rb30det - is if you aint got a truckload of cash, just start with a stock rb30 bottom end. that's all i have got, and it's working a treat so far.

anyway, car launches like a rocket. had slicks on - yet just kept spinning the wheels through 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd. might make the high 11's one day if we're lucky.

(mark joins the drag brigade)

cheers, MARK

ps - oh yeah. clutch fucked up at start of day. fixed it. then on what was to be one of my lastr few runs, i droipped the clutch, and BANG. hehe gearbox gooooone. shit happens.
[/quote]
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've driven that car its lots of fun especially for doing "circle work" Very Happy

I still love my sprinter more though Heart
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He needs proper suspension, the car would bottom out changing into second, its TOO soft!

Anyways, back on topic, I have a friend who has organised days like that of Sunday, maybe we can organise something in the near future, and advertise on the various toyota/nissan forums.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes back on topic i was told u can hire wsid for $3000 out
right but this may be bad info i am sending a email now to find
out and if its only $3000 and u had 50 cars it would be $60 a
car BUT what if only 10 cars come??? $300 each who is going 2
pay that. i will find out for you. but yes this is a good idea
i was think the same thing but with toyota vs ford laser/madza
as im on the ford laser forum and there are really quick tx3s
and Familias (323)

[Updated on: Tue, 02 August 2005 06:26]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Tue, 02 August 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the problem with organising something like this lies with marketing such an event, and then getting a CONFIRMED number of entrants plus their money such that it makes the day viable.

Yes IIRC $3k is the approx going rate for a test and tune day.... however i seem to remember most of these are all on weekdays, which rules out about 80% of people!

It would he fkn AWESOME to secure such a day (i have VERY high hopes for toyotafest 2006 here Nod) with confirmed entrants..... but hey, with enough people........
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Wed, 03 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the best i can get is two options for car clubs.

Option 1 is for small groupings and clubs. They join on our
Wednesday night meetings where we allocate them their own
staging lanes so they can stay and race together. There is no
charge for this service apart from the standard $45 driver/car -
$15 Spectators.

The second option is for the hire of the entire venue
exclusively. For this we charge $200 per driver/car –
Minimum 40 – Max 50. What a number of clubs do is join
forces with other clubs to make up the required numbers.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 02:34]

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Wed, 03 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good puzzleman, the guys paid $220 each on the weekend, so putting that into perspective, thats quite good, providing we get the numbers. Im sure we would tho.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Wed, 03 August 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will just throw something into the mix hear

a street meet costs $45

a competition meet for me with an andra license is $150.

some people may be prepared to pay $220 for the day. but i would want to be guaranteed a shit load of runs to pay that much money.

then add race fuel, nos, tyres, trailer, 4wd, it gets an expensive little journey.

but i will do it all just to embaress some nissan owners.

you may be able to get some backing from toyota if you make it a toyota vs nissan day.

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Wed, 03 August 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

but i will do it all just to embaress some nissan owners.

Thats the spirit!

Guys who paid $220 was becuas ethere were only about 20 cars, and everyone had 30+ runs each! (Provided the car survived lol)
lowAE92
Regular

June 2005
Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Wed, 03 August 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds fun but seeing as my clutch is so stuffed its slipps first for me (auto take off yay!just drop the clutch it does the rest) plus i need it for work damn i so want to see what it can do those extractors have got to be there for more than looks im sure
JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Nissan vs Toyota day Mon, 08 August 2005 09:41 Go to previous message
Shit yeah that sounds like a very good idea.I would love to run my Mark II against a nissan,last time a ran a nissan a ran a 13.9 quarter and beat the nissan by about 2 car lengths.Lets show them that nissans aren't the only high performance vehicles in Australia. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Don't know if you guys are interested???
Next Topic:Melbourne rotary cruise (all cars/clubs welcome) Sunday 11/9/05.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 07:12:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059928894042969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.