Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jz into a Z2 soarer.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 07:48 Go to next message
OK, since toymodershave ben proposing the idea quite alot on other topics of the forum i have started this thread in order for people of knowledge to help anyone looking into swapping out their 1G, or sub standard 7M Razz from their gen2 soarer and in with a 1jz.
So if anyone has insightful informaton on the process or knows of anything on the net that would be usefull etc. please list it here.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get a jza70 supra half cut and you are set. Swap it allover as it all bolts in.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so in the advent of not being able to obtain a jza70 supra half cut, what do you do? Cross member, sump etc. Wiring. Anything detailed on this project?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 16:22

ok, so in the advent of not being able to obtain a jza70 supra half cut, what do you do? Cross member, sump etc. Wiring. Anything detailed on this project?

You keep searching for a JZA70 frontcut.

It will be worth it in the end.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough lol. So will all the dash conections just plug straight in etc. hoses etc. clamp right on to everything existing etc. etc.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not 100% sure about the dash plugs, but wiring is the smallest part of a conversion.

All the mechanical bits will bolt in, and you'll get the bigger brakes if you are lucky.

Mechanical bits are a lot harder than electrical bits.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZA70 and late MA70 brakes (89+ i think) are the same.

But they are bigger than Z20 brakes. (300mm rotor)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 'if you are lucky' was refering to if the importer removed them or not.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Tue, 02 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 17:55

cant agree with this more...

too much fucking around with custom mounts...I know...I did it and the engine now has a slight lean, nothing major but still not as good as I would like it Sad

wiring is a pain in the ass if you dont know what yer doing, but everything else is straight forward if you can use tools Smile
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hvae done this complete conversion myself to a mates gz20 soarer it was EASY. WAIT till you find a front cut, you wont need to buy anything more but fluids and filters. the wiring isnt too much of a hassle with adapting the supra loom to the soarer loom. ive seen most people use aftermarket ecu's and stuff and never have speedo or half the dash working but the one i finished off is a 100% working car the diagnostic lights work, got tacho/speedo/temp/all warning lights etc. if you would like i can send you the wiring info.

basically when the car rocked up here on the back of a trailer (had blown motor) was on a sunday, i had the 1jz front cut stripped already and the car was complete and driving on the following saturday, thats including EVERYTHING , even cleaning the engine bay, doing cooler piping and exhaust whilst using up a whole day doing only wiring. its a bolt in/out conversion.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*gets giddy with excitement*

That was earthweb's car, right?
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the one, here i just found a pic :

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/jz20_2.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it makes me angry that mine took 6 months Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It makes me happy in pants to see that my two greatest hurdles between me and a 1JZ are-

- Finances (its just a matter of time!)

and

- Finding a JZA70 halfcut

also a matter of time!

And the best part

I GET TO DO IT ONCE, DO IT RIGHT, AND (hopefully) NEVER COMPLAIN!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo, can the W58 idea and save all your pennies for the 1JZ Smile

trust me on this Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 12:08

merudo, can the W58 idea and save all your pennies for the 1JZ Smile

trust me on this Very Happy

I am...

Means I've got to sell all this W58 stuff, but MEH!

ya get that

But there is only one way I am doing this, and thats the right way...

I'm only going to get a JZA70 cut, and if I can't find one, then dammit, I'll wait until I do!

edit: to those who have put up with my undecidedness, my uncertainty, my considerations of other options, my lack of knowledge and experience and general intelligence, i apologise...

But I know what I'm actually going to do now... so at least we can all breathe a sigh of relief for that!

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 03:32]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 13:37

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Norbie made a funny.

Wink

Just cause you've got a 2JZ.... Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
james...is it 1JZ time?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 14:11

james...is it 1JZ time?

I'm going to call the bank and see if i can borrow more onto my existing loan, if not, then it's save save save Wink

But 1JZ time is coming...

I've abandoned the W58 plan now.

I'll just have to sell all the stuff I'd bought for it which was just the bellhousing, slave cylinder and Crossmember anyway...

who was it that wanted the crossmember? was it phyro?

*acts confused*

anyway... 1G-GTE.... You're a good engine, a solid, hardy reliable little engine...

You just dont have enough pep for my coupe luxobarge...

Therefore I shall cast thee out

OK, now I'm acting strange...
Earthweb's conversion ease has empowered me to go ahead with this...

The bank better give me the money lol

Whether I can borrow more or not, i'm not going to immediately... I'm going to plan STEP BY STEP

EVERY

SINGLE

THING

I need to make this a complete, correct, conversion.

Research, Research, Research... and then Research again is the name of the game at this stage... I want to know everything about the motor, Extra things i'll have to buy, associated costs, hire costs for equipment, bigger brakes i'll need to put on there, suspension...

I was about to say maybe I should create a new thread for my ramblings, but this is the right thread for it I guess...

I refuse to just do the engine swap and leave everything else how it is though...

That would be dangerous, i think... or are the soarer brakes good enough for the extra power gained by swapping a 1JZ?

I would think for peace of mind most would swap them over...

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 04:42]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got some trust aftermarket pads in the front of my car and I have no issues stopping at all Smile

when the big single turbo arrives ill be going for something like the JZA80 TT Brakes tho...they are well massive...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So a 1JZ in stock configuration should be OK with the stock brakes?

I think I'd still feel happier upgrading them anyway...

oh man, if it wasnt for bills popping up i'd already have mz21_shiznac's suspension... or at least be on my way to 1JZ-ness...

its sandwiches and two minute noodles for me for a while!

How will the standard diff hold up?

and how long before I want an LSD? Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 03 August 2005 05:26]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you had the JZA70 halfcut and it had better brakes, why wouldn't you upgrade them Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no shit, but as has already been said, the brakes may not come with the halfcut...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if they dont, I wouldnt bother...if they do, crankem for sure...

but like I said, if they dont, machine the rotors and crank some aftermarket pads you will be laughing Smile
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A lean ? Or slight angle Smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/P1010031.jpg

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 19:32

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 17:55

cant agree with this more...

too much fucking around with custom mounts...I know...I did it and the engine now has a slight lean, nothing major but still not as good as I would like it Sad

wiring is a pain in the ass if you dont know what yer doing, but everything else is straight forward if you can use tools Smile

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1jz into a Z2 soarer. Wed, 03 August 2005 14:22 Go to previous message
angle is a photo thing, ive been under the car and measured it up, its really quite even Smile

only a slight lean Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:disk brake conversion ke55
Next Topic:I Just Bought A SW20..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 21:47:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075919628143311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.