Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (update: Lucid enters a Motorkhana)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (update: Lucid enters a Motorkhana) Mon, 20 May 2002 15:47 Go to next message
http://www.toymods.org.au/images/members/106.jpg

Car: 1991/92 Corolla GTi
Suspension: Whiteline Springs and Swaybars. KYB shocks.
Wheels: 15" x 6" Corolla Sportivo wheels
Tyres: Falken Azenis ST115's

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 10:45]

Send a private message to this user    
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Paul's GTi 'Rolla Thu, 23 May 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice man
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi 'Rolla Tue, 04 June 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Paul,
looks nice...
When are the mods coming???
Get a 4A-GZE to get Heart pumping...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi 'Rolla Sun, 16 June 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, thanks guys Smile

Rolla boy - I don't reckon i'll be giving her the ZE treatment.. If i was going to do a conversion the 20V would be the most likely option for me.. But i'm still enjoying it for now, so I think i'll just leave it as is (and maybe concentrate on brakes and handling Wink)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi 'Rolla Sun, 16 June 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,
The ZE was only a suggestion... I've only got the 4A-GE 100kW and i reckon the power is alright for me... The brakes on mine are good enough for the car so i may just leave that until bigger brakes are actually needed... Well, as far as handling goes my car is alright... I have stiff front suspension, lowered a few inches and soon to be stiff rear suspension... The one saying that goes with my car is:
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil "I HATE SPEED BUMPS!!!!!!" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Paul's GTi 'Rolla Sun, 16 June 2002 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice rolla. I like the idea of the 20V.

Brett (rollaboy)
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Sun, 18 July 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Figured it's about time I updated this thread (it has been inactive for two years now!! Laughing )

Anyway, my overall plans for the car have changed slightly. After telling myself that I was never going to modify it I've found myself caving in as things have needed to be replaced.

The shagged out Monroe shocks and Pedders springs that were in the car when I bought it have been replaced with some nice gear from Whiteline.. The worn out drivers seat which was causing me hip and back pain after driving any reasonable distance now makes a nice cosy bed for my cat in the back-yard. Keeping me cosy in the car is a fixed bucket seat, which is very supportive yet still much more comfortable than I'd imagined it would be.

The long term goal now will be to turn this into something of a street-driven track car. The interior will be stripped from the front seats back (weight is the enemy of thy 4AGE) and I'll be looking into options for roll cages to stiffen the chassis up (hopefully a design that will allow me to still fit a mountain bike in the back Confused )

Engine-wise the 100kw 4AGE is going to stay. I'm not going to try and chase any ridiculous power outputs, but some head work and some slightly nasty cams are not out of the question either. Hopefully by the time it gets to this stage (if it gets to this stage) I'll have something a bit larger that I can tow it to the track with, while still being able to bring it out for the occasional squirt on some enjoyable roads when I desire. Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Sun, 18 July 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG this car is fulllly siiiiik.

ok, so i couldnt help myself.

Best corolla ive seen at toymods Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Sun, 18 July 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Twisted Evil

Siiiik is one word that will never be used to describe this car. There will be no siiiik. Nor will there be doof.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 July 2004 11:53]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Sun, 18 July 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about pssccchhht?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Sun, 18 July 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 18 July 2004 22:00

what about pssccchhht?

Maybe on the "tow-car" Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Mon, 19 July 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1zzfe powahz Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Mon, 19 July 2004 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft.. Was just plyaing with ya. Razz Bring it to Dubbo Wink Razz
gti23q
Regular

July 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Tue, 20 July 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many inches is this lowered front and rear? I'm looking for some springs atm.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's GTi Corolla Tue, 20 July 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be honest I'm not really certain.. That photo was taken with the old suspension that was already fitted to the car when I bought it. (I'd estimate the springs were probably an inch and a half lower than standard, although it had sagged over time) I think it looks a little lower in the photo because of the shadow at the top of the tyres as well.

It sits a *little* bit higher than that now with the new gear in, but it handles heaps better (working shocks will probably do that Embarassed )
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
icon1.gif  Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi Fri, 06 August 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bit of an update. Had a week off work and figured I might as well spend some money while I've got the time, so I went for a little trip down to Liverpool Exhausts and had these nice shiny extractors fitted up:

http://www.luc1d.net/images/car/extract_1.jpg

They also made up a new front section of pipe, as the standard stuff gets squeezed almost flat where it passes over the cross member ( = big restriction)

http://www.luc1d.net/images/car/extract_2.jpg

Overall it seems to pull a little bit better down low in the rev range, however the rest of the exhaust is still standard so it's still nice and quiet. Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2004 23:56]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi Sun, 08 August 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lookin good Paul...
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi Mon, 09 August 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice and clean, the best way.

You know how hard it is to find a stock one and has not been riced?!

I've just brought one myself. Little white GTi, completly stock and will most likely stay that way other than a set of Advans or Azenis for the odd Track Day. It's a nice little daily drive.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi Mon, 09 August 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 08 August 2004 17:03

Lookin good Paul...

Thanks dude Smile

wastegate wrote

Nice and clean, the best way.

You know how hard it is to find a stock one and has not been riced?!

Definitely - I snapped this one up when I found it because it was exactly what I was after. Completely standard aside from lowered suspension (which wasn't too low), steering wheel & Corolla SX alloys.

I still don't plan to change it in any ways that would make it stand out on the road too much. Don't really see the point in attracting attention..

[Updated on: Mon, 09 August 2004 09:14]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (new Dyno Result 3/07/05) Sun, 03 July 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dyno Day 11 - 03/07/05

http://www.luc1d.net/images/dyno_july05.png

[Updated on: Sun, 03 July 2005 12:11]

Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (new Dyno Result 3/07/05) Sun, 03 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i saw when u dynoed the car.. Man that is a awsome result... MAN its must of been the oil u put in... LOL GOood stuff dude... Congrets
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (new Dyno Result 3/07/05) Sat, 09 July 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And just imagine how much more power you would have made if the crickets had shut up for the run!!! Laughing
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (new Dyno Result 3/07/05) Mon, 11 July 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 13:39

And just imagine how much more power you would have made if the crickets had shut up for the run!!! Laughing

Lol.. I think they drowned the other weekend!! At least they haven't been back since I drove through a very big puddle.. Confused
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

icon14.gif  Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (new Dyno Result 3/07/05) Tue, 19 July 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats an impressive dyno result.

thumbs up.
Wink
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Lucid enters a Motorkhana Mon, 01 August 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.luc1d.net/images/car/motorkhana1.jpg

Went to Eastern Creek on the weekend for my first motorkhana (in this car) and had an absolute blast. Will wait until the official results are posted before saying anything else, but the "Provisional" results have got me stoked Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Lucid enters a Motorkhana Tue, 02 August 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, i'm quite keen to get mine out to one in the future just for fun Very Happy

and hurry up with the results Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Paul's AE92 Corolla GTi (update: Lucid enters a Motorkhana) Tue, 02 August 2005 10:43 Go to previous message
Well, I don't think the results are likely to be changing much for me, so.. As it stands at the moment I got:

- 12th outright in a field of 62
- 2nd in my class Very Happy

Cars I was beaten by were:
- 3 x Mini
- 2 x Clubman
- 3 x MX5
- Peugot 205GTi
- BMW 330ci
- Hyundai Excel (damn you ae86trueno!!)
- Lancer

Right behind me were:
- Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
- Porsche 996
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FAT 3SGTE TA22 (with flares now)
Next Topic:my JZT130 Corona *dyno results in*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:44:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005706787109375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.