Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 02 August 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah bread come up so i can have a idea of what to expect in mine and then yeah when u do more to her i can feel the difference....ahhhh yeah come up late saturday or sunday...... just give me a mesage....!
  Send a private message to this user    
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 02 August 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and btw page 51 OWNED...lol...

yeah i can't fit my 76mm wide cooler better the big metal bar of the bumper and the thermo on a/c side but i'm gonna mount mine in front of the big bar and cut it bit and then reenforce it...and then cover the top of the area (like the plastic bit on gt-4's) so u can't seen down inhte area betweent he bumper and radiator....!

Nezza Cool
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 02 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i have a big arse oil cooler though that could be spaced in front of a FMIC and i could get a smaller thermal fan or perhaps remove it ?? i always just thought the top mount cooler would be better then my water cooler, but if not ill keep it till i get a FMIC on it Smile
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised

you destroyed that car already james?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nope, i actually just bought all new suspension for it, KYB all round and kingys and a rear whiteline sway bar. then i have a Hybrid Boost controller for it, and lots other goodies are coming its way Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jorrs, i was contemplating replacing my shockies and getting one of those sway bars.. how much did all 5 cost you?
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well... i used to do some work at repco and i have a thing goin with them there and they look after me and i receive staff price on anythin i want from there which is real good price,i payed 550$ for the KYBs heavy dutys and the sway bar which is also heavy duty, and im payin 120 $ for the kingys of a mate who had them in his car for a lil bit,
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nezza u dont need to cut it... mine front bar is not touched dont cut it it will just give the cops another reason to book u
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey how much are GT4 calipers worth? or how much would you expect to pay for them?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST162GT-R wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 17:32

Hey how much are GT4 calipers worth? or how much would you expect to pay for them?

I think they sell for around $200-300 a pair..

As for the fmic. My core is 80mm thick and it JUST squezzed in there. its touching the front of the bar, and i had to file down that support panel that goes from the top of the radiator to the bottom, to make it fit.

Also you should use two thermo fans. i had to remove one and i was driving around with one fan. it took ages for it to turn off,got a bit hot.
I've got a new slimline 9" repco fan in there now,along with the original one next to the turbo.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smeh i have just one std thermo fan.. and it doesnt move above operating temp weather its 30 degrees and im sitting still or driving
as soon as i drive engine temp drops to like half of wat it should be... and no my guage aint faulty lol aftermarket ecu dont lie
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, with the one fan it didnt overheat or anything. needle still read almost straight up. its just,the fan would have to run for about 1.5-2mins to get the temp down and turn off. with two fans it drops the temp back down in under a minute.

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering if anyones interested in a Powerchip 3sge Gen 1 ECU and ignition computer... Its got a 6 year warranty and made a substantial difference power and torque.

Its hard wired into the 3sge gen 1 ecu so i will be sellin it together...
Lookin around $760. This is a full ignition computer tuned for a 3sge celica gen 1
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 03 August 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 19:30

Just wondering if anyones interested in a Powerchip 3sge Gen 1 ECU and ignition computer... Its got a 6 year warranty and made a substantial difference power and torque.

Its hard wired into the 3sge gen 1 ecu so i will be sellin it together...
Lookin around $760. This is a full ignition computer tuned for a 3sge celica gen 1

why are you selling it now? not to your likings?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah definitely to my likings, Anyone that went for a drive at the melb meet knows it definitely goes better a lot better with the powerchip, its just i'm half a bit low on cash, and yeah tryin something different..

But it honestly was a wicked improvement, instant increase in torque and kw. These were professionally tuned on the development cars with a st162 on the dyno, then their figures are put on the powerchip and do a final tune for your car.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here ya go jorrs this will give u some idea... i dont see a problem with having air con still its tight to the front bar but it fits and doesnt hit the front bumper

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/cooler1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/cooler3.jpg

no thats not the only holding point lol i cbf gettin on the ground to take fotos of the bottom mounting but if anyones interestd as to how to mount theres i may be able to lol

its a little hard to see but youll see the cooler is mounted to the bonnet catch... and the air con dont come near that

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 06:22]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and heres a random shot of my noise maker lol...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/screamerpipe.jpg

this dump will more than likely be up for sale in the coming months as ill need a new one for the new wurbo
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bread, where are your horns? Razz

How much would u be after for the dump btw?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my horn is to the right of the thermo fan.. dont know i need to fund a new big turbo and all the shit to go with it so i figure wont be goin for a few months yet lol but dont know
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 04 August 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats toight like a tiger berad, did u remove the front thermal fan? or move it outta the way ? also i have the st165 front bar, would possibly be a harder fit, does anyone no of someone with st165 front bar fitting a fmic ?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my guess would be it would be identical.. in the 162 the thermos come on the engine side.. well mine did... i just removed on and put the other on the outside as you can see as u gotta cut bits of the shroud to get it in behind the turbo and i cbf wen this will do the same job *big reminder* lol u gotta switch the wires so it pushs the air through the radiator instead of suckin the hot air back through the radiator
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also think the standard strut brace is doing fucking nothing so im removing it for some more space lol i got no room for new coil packs and ignitor.. so it has to go lol
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone ever noticed on the stock denso AFM that there is a adjuster screw on there? it similar to the idle adjuster screw near the throttle body. Does turning this screw do anything to the afm lol??? anything or anyone know about it post it up please
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 12:10

has anyone ever noticed on the stock denso AFM that there is a adjuster screw on there? it similar to the idle adjuster screw near the throttle body. Does turning this screw do anything to the afm lol??? anything or anyone know about it post it up please

Probably only makes it tighter thats all.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouyldnt touch it lol.... until u know what it does probly falls apart lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 05 August 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditch the afm get a map sensor kit... Razz
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 06 August 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i wish! dosent that mean a whole new ecu and other expensive stuff that goes alolng with it!? Surprised

Maybe one day when i get a GTE in it.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 06 August 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it adjusts the AF ratios-but i wouldnt touch that unless you have it on a dyno and have all the necessary sensors hooked up and are having it tuned by a pro-in other words....don't fuck with it
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 06 August 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shaving my door handles tomoro did a mates today looks nice we hadnt welded the plate over the handle at this stage but the stainless rod was in there and working perfect will look the part

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/Photo-0037.jpg

piece of piss to do and looks good

another boondall backyard performance mod bought to u for free lol

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 08:55]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 07 August 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/body/Photo-0041.jpg

dont know if u can see it but u now open the door from the stainless rod near the window u just push it down and the door will open ... the doors will be panel beatered and ready for paint in a week or so then the whole car wil be getting resprayd in a month or so need to remove the engine for that but im just gunna paint the engine bay black , bog all the extra holes in the engine bay etc and put it back in then paint the car watever color i decide

[Updated on: Sun, 07 August 2005 09:16]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 07 August 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if anyone knows anyone seling a gt4 front bar or ssv body kit front bar let me know, or side skirts etc...
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 07 August 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
learn how to post pics brad
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 07 August 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol nah i changed my server from where i store my fotos i thought this would happen lol
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 07 August 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah bread they wont...cause one they wont be able to see it...and two if it is cut a little it will be reinforced again so it does weaking it's abillity's i'll probably make it a bit stronger..it easy to reinforce thit even if u cut at it thw way u add metal and shit!

don't worry it will be "Number One A.KO, Legal" maybe just not the washer bottle having water in it 24/7 a h-patern on the gear knob...but a nice black TRD one should help that!

Nezza Cool
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see what lol
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right... someone said they removed there aircon is it as easy as going to get a non air con belt or what someone tell me whats involved so i dont have to waste time and money lol... and i got a air con pump for the 3sgte/3sgte for sale too if anyone wants it .. it appears to be fine i havnt used it in ages but its been on the engine
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all your pumps are belong to us
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer im interested in what belt to use also.
so i can piss mine off, not that its connected, provide answers or die
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
air-con can be removed, and the tension adjustor can be changed to a larger one. other than that, there's not much to it.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get someone to post the belt size / code and the diameter of the belt tensioner on non A/C car. I reckon you might get away with a slightly smaller belt and the normal tensioner pulley if the non A/C pulley is larger than the A/C one. The code on the belt should be something like 5PKXXXX.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 07:24]

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On something comprehensively small and relatively irrelevent, my car's in the process of being re-sprayed. Its white, and will remain so, but i was wondering, if i should change the colour of the duck tail!
I've been thinking black! or possibly even a mix, like starting with white, fading out to silver than black. much like the McLaren Formula 1 car! perhaps matt black? ideas?

Yes, you do use a smaller belt but still require a bigger pulley. if i had my car here i'd get the numbers for you.....but i cant

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2005 07:29]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so a bigger idler pulley bearing... i think a smaller belt would be the money

anyone got the belt size or code?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and aonther one anyone know if theres any info out the in puttin the gt4 box in the 162....
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm keen to get rid of more AC parts on my car, last week i got rid of the AC condenser, drier, cooling unit and lines. Just the compressor left i guess. How much do you guys reckon it would weigh? Would it be worth getting rid of it? i.e. buying a new smaller belt. Surely it can be done without buying a bigger pulley.
After removing the AC condenser my engine temp is a bit lower, it almost never gets up to 180F anymore.
If i can remove my AC compressor someone can have it for $10... course i have no idea if it works! Razz
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about this no air con thingy ma bob...wouldn't you just get a new belt that is under 3s-fe (fromt he st's and camry's that didn't have aircon as standard only option and if it a different pully get taht too fromteh wreaker/toyota? that would seam to be the best way to do it!

Nezza Cool
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
berad wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 15:05

see what lol

exactly!

"its 100% stock officer" *points out all piping and shit it powder coated black, and all these nice black covers* (not plastic but fiberglass..he wont tell the difference..if asks...TRD factory option...lol

"what's this mod plate then?" *points to big blue mod plate*

"Sooo. thats for my seats, sir Rolling Eyes "

"yeah but there this code LA1, LA3 and ...etc...Thats new different engine and turbo, mate!"

"yeah..... Rolling Eyes you got a ice cream stain on your uniform, sir" *points to middle of his chest..and walks very slowly back into the celica and tests weather they had just a XR6 or XR6 Turbo*...lol!

i hope that shity atempt at a fictional story was entertaining....lol....
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
howdy guys,

just quick question about bodykits for our cars.

does anyone got a full one? where did you get it at, how much did you pay?

im just looking around for the cheapest pricing atm. any help would be good!
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 08 August 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh mate i got st165 front bar, SSV side skirts, SSV rear bar, and EVO 3? 4? rear wing it was all on car when bought, side skirts are 250 each i think rear bar is 500, dunno bout front bar or rear wing?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0211.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0212.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0274.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_021 0.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Jorrs/KIF_0213.jpg
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol lucky you got the st165 front bar

hope ya taking care of karls 165 Laughing

im looking for basicly to see if anyone who purchased was able to get discounts and stuff
celica 86
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i've done heaps of looking around but it's kinda hard to find a decent kit. Not to sure about the evo wing either... How much do you rekon the 165 front bar cost ya? off that topic a bit, has anybody had much experience with the apexi safc? without bigger injectors and stuff i mean. i've got exhuast, filter and cold air, so do you rekon it'd do much or wait till i got biger cams or injectors or sumtin?
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 23:47

about this no air con thingy ma bob...wouldn't you just get a new belt that is under 3s-fe (fromt he st's and camry's that didn't have aircon as standard only option and if it a different pully get taht too fromteh wreaker/toyota? that would seam to be the best way to do it!

Nezza Cool

Well that's what i would have thought. Does anyone know if this is possible?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is i rerkon go get a 3sfe belt and maybe the 3sfe tnesioner ... but then again the 3sgte tensioner may do the trick ill sus it on the weekend
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think you would need a different tensioner. Go down to repco or whatever you guys have up there and ask for a belt for a non A/C car. Its not that hard...
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 09 August 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3Sfe tensioer should work fine,
and you can ask for a belt from any spare parts place, just tell them u dont have A/C and its a 3sfe Razz .
you could also try the st184 or camry pulley and tensioer. after all they are almost the same as the 3sfe essentially.

PS. I have a new ST162 Very Happy Very Happy , and its awesome. pics soon Rolling Eyes

cyas

Karl
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Plz Help!!! ST-162 Air Con n Heater problem!!! Tue, 09 August 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

i jus bought an 86 Celica ... love it n all BUT the heater and AC dont work ... u can flick the switches all u want but nothing!!! ive looked at the fuses but they are all good ... the only heating i have in my car is if i open the vent to let in hot air from the engine which aint tht efficient

Plz help or recommend a good repair person ... im in Oakleigh, Melbourne.

Cheers!!!

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont see why i need a 3sfe tensioner wen someone has stated there 3sge doesnt have ac so i would just go buy a non ac belt no different tensioner...

heater dont work????.... maybe the hoses are blocked or something.. ac get it regassed

or do u mean the fan doesnt work
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pic of my dump should be for sale in like a month lol as soon as i get 700 for my new wurbo

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/body/Photo-0046.jpg

quality is a bit average lol got my shit turnd down on the fone lol

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 07:37]

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey berad mate id be highly interested in it Wink
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey brad was just curious to see how those urethane mounts were coming along?Have you made up a full set yet?and if so are you willing to make up some more to sell?

Cheers mate
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 10 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
if someones makin up urethane bushes id be interested i need some bad
Pages (63): [ «  <  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:31:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01243782043457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.