Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:05 Go to next message
does anybody like the honda crv? im looking at a new car as mine is fudged.and i like the looks of the crv's.
  Send a private message to this user    
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mum owns one. its ok to drive, drinks alot of petrol though..
there isnt much to the crv, its roomy...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go for the Nissan X-Trail instead. Much nicer.

I was looking into these soft-roaders when my Grandma was wanting a new car. She needed something she didn't have to stoop down to get into and with a boot big enough for Grandpa's wheelchair.

The X-Trail seemed to be the best of the bunch according to me and my Dad (and a bunch of reviews we read)... but Grandma being an idiot went and bought an Outlander because she liked the sales girl that served her when she was at a Mitsubishi dealer. Mad The Outlander is a gutless piece of shit. (although it got a 20% increase in power soon after Grandma bought hers... they added VVTi)
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have a CRV as our work car here, manual. It is a bitch to drive, really light clutch, and obviously handles really bad due to its height. Get a RAV4 or an X-Trail, much better designed and built.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But then you miss out on the picnic table! could be a tough decision for you now.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xtrail has a fridge Very Happy
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it does?

well then that settles it, get the x-trail.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a fridge as such but a cooler thing to throw a couple of cans in to keep em cold. Very Happy
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its actually a hole behind the air-con vent, so it just keeps your drinks a little cooler, wont really chill em much.
The Xtrail is also a bit better power wise than the CRV.
I know the CRV crashes well Very Happy , my bro wrote our off on his P's. Thats when we bought the Xtrail.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd go the Subaru Forester, probably the best ofroad wise (only one with a low range and a constant AWD system). Plus the most powerfull and they are fairly roomy.
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do people buy any sort of 4wd ?

Coz they got small willies Laughing Laughing Laughing

seriously do you need a 4wd ?
I think the novelty would wear off real quick.

Buy a car, not a fuel guzzling urban assault vehicle.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are going to purchase on looks alone then go right ahead and get one !

But what is the intended purpose do you need the room or what ?

None of the soft roaders drive as well as similarly specced cars and the 4 wheel drive system on CRVs sux.... totally useless its basically just a front wheel drive, i doubt it would get you any further along any dirt track or beach etc than a bloody Facadore.

these are mothers with kids cars...i should know just got a 2003 RAV 4 for the wife with baby on board stickers Laughing Laughing

Dont get me wrong its quite a nice car but handling and fuel economy are well sacrificed. Personally i would have preffered a Cressida wagon with a 2JZ GTE in it Evil or Very Mad

Just my 2 bobs
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Thu, 28 July 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEH GET A VH COMMO!!! SWEET!! or not. CRV's in my opinion are pretty shit. They sound really dull too.
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Sun, 31 July 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we got a hyundai santa fe just before the got the US spec ones with sunroof, and climate control, damn. anyway, its fun to drive, only available in auto but with selectronic "wooo" transmission, got lsd (make good driftah) Very Happy , and its nice to drive too, we looked at the crv but its gay and too expensive for what u get.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cr-v isnt very comfortable
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh and you can't take them off road or tow anything reasonable with them as they are piss weak in the chassis department.
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the RAV 4 kicks all their asses......
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RedLiner wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 16:16

I reckon the RAV 4 kicks all their asses......

really i say the x-trail is the best of the bunch, cos unless you wanna rock crawl and then its 4wd syytem can over heat and go back to 2wd.
Put it this way it has an extra 20kw and 20Nm of tourque on the Rav 4. from only an extra 100cc. For the small 4wd's its the best by far and is always acclaimed as the class leader.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My wife would agree with that Very Happy

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9676/ravsiderear7cc.th.jpg
RedLiner
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just my toyota faithfullnes coming through....
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get the old 40 series cruiser like this one and you will have no problems at all. Cool

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=insane4x4 .wmv

Might want to save that for future refrence as well. Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forester?
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: thoughts on a CRV (non toyota question) Tue, 02 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous message
We have a 2000 CRV and a 1997 Rav4, the CR-V is a nicer car to drive, engine has a bit more grunt. Both cars handle like a hippo in a jumping castle, but the CRV is definitely the more stable of the two. The Honda AWD system is pissweak, the transition from FWD to AWD is clunky and usually too late to be useful for around town driving - especially noticable in the wet. The Rav is pretty tough (3 kids learned to drive in it) and more reliable than the Honda. To its credit, the Honda towed a large, overloaded box trailer more than 500k's (including a fair amount of light off road tracks) without missing a beat. I think it might be a general Honda thing, but the CRV needs to be maintained fastidiously or it starts playing up / things start breaking. Both cars have their good and bad points.

I like the X-trail, but why did they make it so gaddamn hideous!? It looks like a giant shoebox with wheels!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine hoist
Next Topic:soarer website
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:48:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047190189361572 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.