Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
missing a P plate Thu, 21 October 2004 22:51 Go to next message
well i felt i wasn't going to have a bitch about this incident cause we have all heard enough cop bitching
BUT! about a month ago i was going for a sunday drive to my grandparents with my dad and came across a RBT, we were co-operative and polite and everything, he noticed my front P plate was missing and we told him it must have just come off on the freeway cause it was there when we left, but he wanted to be a prick and wrote me out a ticket, $78 and 2 points (half my licence)
we felt a warning would have been suitable so my parents wrote to the infingement processing bureau...

got a letter today,

We have examined the offence and found the panalty notice was legally issued. However we have considered the issues you raised and have concluded that a caution should apply in this instance.
We will send a refund cheque seperatly and ask the Roads and Traffic Authority to record a caution on your driving record. You will not lose any licence points.

HOW GOOD IS THAT!!! Very Happy
so all you other toymodders out there that get unfairly treated, dont give up, write a letter!

jesse

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2004 22:54]

Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 21 October 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome
Thats the excuse i would come up with if i was found without it
a P plate. Glad to see it worked, and would probably work straight away with a nice copper.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that P plate rule is a load of shit, my magnetic P plate got stolen a while back when i was on my red P's, so its not always gonna be your fault if your missing 1 Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wHEN i FIRST got my p's went for a drive to my sisters with my mum in the car. I had bought some magnetic p's and between my place and my sisters a 1-15minute drive both of the p plates had fallen off my car. Another hobby of stupid bitches at my school is to steal peoples p's, they usually just taek the back one so you think its fine as you see the front one there .The stupid thing is the people that do it are fellow p platers excepot they have the stick on plates in there back window. THis chick also parks about 2 cm off your arse but I got the white civic back. Thank god for old shitty engines, that blow smoke when cold. Blip the throttle and that nice white bumper is now black bahahaha
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is just the FUCKED UP NSW rules, where the P-plate must be displayed on the outside of the car (not sure about other states over east).

90% of ppl in Perth have them in the INSIDE of the car, so you have no excuse if you get caught without one.

"Oh, it must have blown out while the window was down"

Oh, and if you write a letter, make sure your dad rights it, they will pay attention to the letter a lot more than a whinging 18yo.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2004 06:46]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i keep my front plate in the window of the car, but the back one is inserted under the number plate Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You acn now have your plates on the inside of the window in NSW just has to be in the bottom left hand corner. I do it now to stop annoying p plate thiefs
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in qld, we dont have shitty p plates Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In adelaide everyone has them on the inside

why the fuck do ppl stic them half behind a # plate? and why must they be on the outside ,as long as its clearly visable...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 22 October 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is from RTA website, I still havn't figured out if it's inside the glass or outside on the glass....

"Have P plates (green P on a white background) displayed conspicuously at the front and rear of the car when driving. If placing P signs on windows, they must be held against the glass, be displayed conspicuously in lower left-hand (passenger) side of the windscreen and on the lower left-hand side of the rear facing window and must not be placed on any other part of the window area. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer."
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Sat, 23 October 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 00:03

This is from RTA website, I still havn't figured out if it's inside the glass or outside on the glass....

"Have P plates (green P on a white background) displayed conspicuously at the front and rear of the car when driving. If placing P signs on windows, they must be held against the glass, be displayed conspicuously in lower left-hand (passenger) side of the windscreen and on the lower left-hand side of the rear facing window and must not be placed on any other part of the window area. If towing a trailer, a P plate must be on the back of the trailer."

im assuming its inside, coz it wont hold on the outside...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: missing a P plate Sat, 23 October 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly.....there was a thing a while ago about Police not liking P plates inside your car. I'm guessing it's changed.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 24 October 2004 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 22 October 2004 14:22

This is just the FUCKED UP NSW rules, where the P-plate must be displayed on the outside of the car (not sure about other states over east).

90% of ppl in Perth have them in the INSIDE of the car, so you have no excuse if you get caught without one.

Oh, and if you write a letter, make sure your dad rights it, they will pay attention to the letter a lot more than a whinging 18yo.

Errr dude... in NSW you're allowed to have the P plates INSIDE your car! Where have you been?! Laughing
They're ususally on the left (if you're inside the car) on top of the dash and leaning against the back window as well.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 24 October 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got plate holders attatched to my number plate Smile
Had 'em since my L's.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 24 October 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 16:54

Errr dude... in NSW you're allowed to have the P plates INSIDE your car! Where have you been?! Laughing
They're ususally on the left (if you're inside the car) on top of the dash and leaning against the back window as well.

I've been in WA, were I live
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 24 October 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
sorry dude! My bad! Laughing
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 24 October 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wats up with that red green P plater thing, we dont get that in melb Confused or do we?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: missing a P plate Mon, 25 October 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ahve stick on see thru ones on my inside glass
and ones shoved behind the plates

if a copper pulls me over and one is missing 'p' i just pull one of the 40 odd plates i have in my glovebox and whack it in

if the copper has a problem, i tell em to get over it coz im wearing at least 3 other plates

fucking WANKERS in nsw
i love qld cops
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: missing a P plate Mon, 25 October 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah always carry spares. i was booked a few times on my P's for no P plates, theres no excuse really. cable tie them to your number plates so you can see the whole P and they cant come off.

ive had friends booked for stupid shit like a CORNER of the p plate was behind the number plate so he got booked.
another friend was driving infront of a cop, his p plate came off the back of his car so the cop booked him for no p plate and fined him for littering.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Mon, 25 October 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 21:51

another friend was driving infront of a cop, his p plate came off the back of his car so the cop booked him for no p plate and fined him for littering.

i would've written a letter about that...that's fucked Twisted Evil
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: missing a P plate Mon, 25 October 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 22:26

EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 21:51

i would've written a letter about that...that's fucked Twisted Evil

fucking agreed

cops...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Wed, 27 October 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is an excuse i have ready to go..so i dont know if it will work cause its the drivers duty to have p's but it may work

"oh sorry about that i just picked my car up from the mechanic about 10minutes ago he must of test driven it and taking the p plates off"
then ask if they would kindly put the plates on proberly for you while they r out of the car.
agent_felix
Regular

October 2004
Re: missing a P plate Wed, 27 October 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have about 4 plates showing... i got on at the front.. one on the back right window.. 91 sx celica and 2 on the back window... just so the fuckers cant get me... even tho they proly can for having to0 many.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Wed, 27 October 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think u need a mix between have some on so u dont get busted but not having so many on or have them so obvoius cops can pick on u and u dont get the p plate stereo-typing bullcrap.
its lose lose really...
us poor p platers...meh wat can ya do? paint ur car covered with p plates? would that be accepted?
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its my birthday today!
so that means im off my P plates forever!!!

yay Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 28 October 2004 06:53]

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
happy bday...so do u have to do another test or anything before u get to throw the p plates out?
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Very Happy

nope, just take them off and chuck 'em in the bin Smile
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome..ive heard stories that once getting off the green p's here in sydney you have to do another test of some type. hopefully its just a rumour.
have a good bday... Very Happy
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

here in perth we just have one type of p-plate. the red P with a white background. whats the deal with the different colour ones over there?
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well in nsw we are on our Learners for a year then we get our red p's which are the same as u guys in W.A we keep our reds for a year then we get Green P's (Green P with white background) On your greens your max speed limit goes up to 100kmph insted of 90 i think it is on reds. Anyway on greens u can drive manual without re sitting another driving test. you stay on your greens for 2 years then you no longer need to show p plates.
so from L's (learners) to open licience it is a 4 year process Rolling Eyes
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Sat, 23 October 2004 00:03

bit of topic but i thought u couldnt tow a trailer on ur Ps
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 28 October 2004 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like QLD no need for P or L plates.
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: missing a P plate Fri, 29 October 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been booked for not havin any p's on fair enough, i got fined 1 point per p plate.

Any1 had trouble putting a p plate on a rear of a ma70 supra, cause your not aloud them on the rear window as i was told by a cop that "u need a bloody helicoptor to see it". And theres no room for magnetic p's or stickin plastic p's on either side of the plate. Hav to stick it under the plate where as then the p plate is on a 45 degree angle and some times falls off or breaks cuase its plastic.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: missing a P plate Fri, 29 October 2004 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got done way back when it was 1 point per P plate, $69 fine

took them off to clean the windows and thought ah bugger it i get off my P's tomorrow...bang get pulled over Rolling Eyes
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 31 October 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u serious? thats shit on a shelf!

i got booked no p's the fine is now $76 and 1 point off per p plate...i believe that $76 is the lowest fine cops give.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: missing a P plate Mon, 01 November 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may sound a bit like the wrong thing to do but.
I never put my plates near my number plate as then a speed can see the p plate aswell as the number plate.
It's just a guess speed cameras might not even see the p plates.

Mookie
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: missing a P plate Mon, 01 November 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can only tow a trailer on your green p's I think and the trailer has to way under 250kg when empty
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: missing a P plate Mon, 01 November 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie, do you think they just send you the fine without looking at your details? when they look over your details they will find you need to be wearing P plates, maybe they will book you for no P's? pfft.

no excuse is solid. depends on the cop. when i bought my car i got busted on the way home for no P's. there isnt an excuse.

and for whoever asked there is a test to get off your green P's and its easy.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 02 November 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

lol, this almost happened to me yesturday!

i wonder if i could write a letter fighting P plate missing fine. my front p plate fell off the day before and trying to stick it back on the inside of the window was impossible! the next day i was pulled over after driving home from work and he see's my p plate missing and gave me 1 point and 50 dollar fine! this was back in december last yr though. Suppose it couldn't hurt to write a letter.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 02 November 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop your whinging. were you missing a P plate? YES! cop it sweet.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 02 November 2004 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was i missing one? yes!
did i cop it? no!
did i get out of it? YES!! Very Happy

december last year is pushing ur luck though!!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 02 November 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, yeh thought so... was only 50 bucks anyways, over it. Well i dont think ill ever be over the rage against the cops syndrome, but i'll try Razz
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: missing a P plate Thu, 04 November 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a bit dodgy, but in my days of wearing P plates

i bolted 2 P on the front both next to my number plate, 2 at the rear where i just sticky taped it on the rear garnish.

Hell, if all else fails, do what my mate does with his R31 Coupe. Green electrical Tape, Tape a nice big green P on the bonnet Very Happy
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 04 November 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its rediculous(sp?) i was told by police that i could have them in the window as long as it can be seen. i have a ae82 hatch so the bottom of the window is easy to see so i had the p on the window got pulled over cop checks licence asks if ive been drinkin then checks both front and back. says the back plate should be next to the number plate so i say ok then whilst stuck behind the guy in front of me who had a dodgy licence another officer(female) came up to the window and had a go at me saying' you shouldnt shove tthe p plate behind the number plate' even thought eh other guy saw it and didnt complain.
i got pulled over 3 times in 3 weeks first time in my dads car with dad in the car they didnt check p plates got pulled over the next week in my mums car going to the beach with a mate in the car theofficer only checked the fron plate asks'is this your car' etc then get pulled over in my car they check both plates and had a go at me.
/end long post
phil545
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 21 December 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Corona RT142
November 2003 Re: missing a P plate Mon, 01 November 2004 16:17 You can only tow a trailer on your green p's I think and the trailer has to way under 250kg when empty
empty

You can tow a trailer on any p plates as long as it is 250kg empty which is pretty silly coz we can drive a vehicle that is up to 4.5 tonnes. how does that work??
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: missing a P plate Wed, 22 December 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i dont understand is why not having a P plate on your car should incur demerit points? I understand you dont want to make it easy for p platers to just take them off and hoon but ffs why not just make the fine 400 bucks,the things will be lit up like christmas lights then!

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2004 01:54]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: missing a P plate Wed, 22 December 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Thu, 04 November 2004 21:09

its rediculous(sp?) i was told by police that i could have them in the window as long as it can be seen. i have a ae82 hatch so the bottom of the window is easy to see so i had the p on the window got pulled over cop checks licence asks if ive been drinkin then checks both front and back. says the back plate should be next to the number plate so i say ok then whilst stuck behind the guy in front of me who had a dodgy licence another officer(female) came up to the window and had a go at me saying' you shouldnt shove tthe p plate behind the number plate' even thought eh other guy saw it and didnt complain.
i got pulled over 3 times in 3 weeks first time in my dads car with dad in the car they didnt check p plates got pulled over the next week in my mums car going to the beach with a mate in the car theofficer only checked the fron plate asks'is this your car' etc then get pulled over in my car they check both plates and had a go at me.
/end long post

Maybe they would prefer it if you got a giant P ontop of your car, like the pizza delivery cars have those giant phones.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: missing a P plate Fri, 24 December 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, a while ago for one of my friends birthday we got (at cost price) about 50 sets of magnetic plates and covered her car in them. Just after she was crowing about getting off her Ps.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 30 December 2004 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 16:15

This may sound a bit like the wrong thing to do but.
I never put my plates near my number plate as then a speed can see the p plate aswell as the number plate.
It's just a guess speed cameras might not even see the p plates.

Mookie

Nah, my P's are next to my number plate holder and I've been flashed twice but it's gone straight to my dad Very Happy
beterthenu
Regular

June 2004
Re: missing a P plate Thu, 24 February 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, that happened to me once, i told the cop it must of come off when i was doing 210 a few mins ago. for some reason he didnt like that.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: missing a P plate Sat, 26 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why wont you let this thread die?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: missing a P plate Sat, 26 February 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^ fucking GOLD
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 27 February 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I REKEN!
im so over seeing this still remotely near the top of this section

October 2004

DIE! MODS PLEASE DELETE!

who cares if a crappy p plate falls off, i honestly couldn't care less these days!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: missing a P plate Sun, 27 February 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/nickstanton/images/other/Jeez.jpeg

that is all................
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: missing a P plate Tue, 02 August 2005 14:28 Go to previous message
Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5ME completely uber f*cked!!!!
Next Topic:Why quads should be boxed (Lessons learnt at Mallala)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:56:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011502027511597 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.