Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pomey
Regular

May 2005
RA23 Door Trims Wed, 03 August 2005 04:31 Go to next message
G'Day modders!

Just looking for some door trims for my RA23. The ones i have are water damaged and they have expanded. I will be retrimming the entire interior soon so just need the wood itself in good condition.

Haven't looked into shipping costs so adelaide sellers only please, for now at least.

Cheers, Pomey!
  Send a private message to this user    
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: RA23 Door Trims Wed, 03 August 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not make your own up out of some cheap ply wood from your local hardware store? Use your old ones as templates (even though they have expanded slightly), and just trim them up if there too big. Itd be cheaper than shipping them, and you get brand new ones rather than second hand!
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: RA23 Door Trims Thu, 04 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the reply spectre,

I had thought about that but got a little put off by the curve as it approaches the window. Have u done this before and can u give me any clues on how i would get around that? If i can do it this way then it's definitely my preffered method.

Cheers, Pomey!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RA23 Door Trims Sun, 07 August 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent done it for a celica, but i have owned a ta22, and ive reupholstered the door trims of my van, it looks quite good.

i did this with no experience at all.

and by the curve at the top of the door, do you mean the curve from the face of the door trim to where it meets the window?

if thats what you mean, that part is metal, and its attatched to the wood part by something similiar to pop rivets.

quite easy when you take it slow.

Eldar.O.
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: RA23 Door Trims Tue, 09 August 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the repley Eldar,

That's almost a refief to hear. Just one problem though, it's shows my ignorance! To be honest i haven't even taken them off the car as yet, to save space is my only excuse, so i had no idea what i was up against.

Now armed with ur info, i'll definitely give it a crack!

Cheers, Pomey!
normo
Regular

November 2004
Re: RA23 Door Trims Fri, 12 August 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Signwriters have a white plastic board, solid white, I use it for door trims, it could be shaped with heat and is unaffected by water. You can bend it and it will hold a shape as well. it is about 3 or 4 mm thick. An 8x4ft sheet costs about $70 from supply shop.
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: RA23 Door Trims Sat, 13 August 2005 11:43 Go to previous message
Cheers normo,

I'll keep that in mind. I've done a bit of electrical work for a signwriter so i'll get in touch with him.

Cheers, Pomey!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 non stripe, black seats. perfect condition. $150
Next Topic:[melb] gt wing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:09:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064911842346191 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.