Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 02:32 Go to next message
Hi lads and ladies,

Wednesday morning i was driving to TAFE (1st year sparky apprentice) trafic came to a stop in front of me. I came to a safe stop, likewise the camry driver behind me... but the young idiot and his mate behind the camry didn't. Long story short, we swapped details towies and cops came, everything is kosher with my insurance (Fully comp with NRMA) but the young fella down the back had third party with a different insurance company (don't know who). My insurance company says everything is fine they are assessing the car, but i woke up this morning with my neck stiff and very sore. Whats the go with making a claim on that? i just phoned NRMA and they said i have to make a direct claim to the guys insurance company...and i don't know who they are.

Any of you had the same scenario in QLD? Whats the go?

Sorry for the essay,

Cya all Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first of go see a doctor they can assess the injuries, tell the receptionist that you were involved in an accident and explain this to the doctor they will probably have to get you to fill in some forms etc or atleast would know the procedure to follow as have probably dealt with it many times befor.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sooo

you want $$$$$ because you've got a stiff neck?

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
QLD has CTP does it not? if so you are covered by this...
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Merudo i want the insurance to pay for the physio bills, i'm not interested in making a quick buck, and whiplash is a bit more than a stiff neck...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toy Yoda wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 15:30

No Merudo i want the insurance to pay for the physio bills, i'm not interested in making a quick buck, and whiplash is a bit more than a stiff neck...

Physiotherapy bills fine. Smile

Sorry, you just said your neck was stiff and very sore, i should've read into that a bit more and thought "serious case of whiplash"

My apologies! I hope you get well soon.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yar, my 2c, i was involved in very small accident (hit from behind by a celica of all things.. doing about 30) but i had my head turned at the time... 6 years later i still have issues, and had a few months physio at the time...

for some ppl it's crap, but it can really fuck you up.....

yup, see doctor, fill in forms, go from there.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Injury claims. Thu, 04 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous message
I was at an intersection in Lidcombe once about 20 years ago. All the traffic had stopped. There was a young sheila in a car that just, oh so slowly rolled into the back of an old Valiant. The Val barely moved, it hardly shook, I kid you not. The old Leb bloke got out of the Val clutching his neck and back and carried on like he'd been run over. The young girl just sat in disbelief. Unfortunately the light turned green and I had to drive off so I didn't see any end result but I'm pretty sure the old bloke would have angled for a big payout.
I wonder if that's where the old saying came from. Wink

Cheers, Greg.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Get that up ya's ya dishlickers ya.
Next Topic:The Roots
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:44:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047900676727295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.