Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Extractors on 18RG from RA28 into RA23

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Extractors on 18RG from RA28 into RA23 Thu, 04 August 2005 07:54 Go to next message
G'Day modders

Just wandering if the above will happen succesfully. When i bought the engine a brand new set of Pacemakers came with it so i was hoping it would work.

To cut a long story short, a guy died before transferring the 18RG into an RA28 and he had obviouisly bought the extractors already. The car and engine were advertised and i got the engine, extractors and a few other bits.

Now here i am asking the above question. I guess what i really wanna know is, are the engine bay size/layouts the same on each car in order for this to work?

Cheers for any help, Pomey!
  Send a private message to this user    
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Extractors on 18RG from RA28 into RA23 Thu, 04 August 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically, yes.

You will no doubt need to do some work on getting the extractors to match up with the rest of the exhaust system, but the engine bay fit should be the same.

I don't know if you'll be able to use the mount from the bellhousing as it often doesn't fit aftermarket extractors.
pomey
Regular

May 2005
Re: Extractors on 18RG from RA28 into RA23 Thu, 04 August 2005 08:49 Go to previous message
We meet again,

Well i guess that's a good thing to know! I rang an exhaust place and was quoted $50-100 to have the extractors fitted to the existing exhaust, it looks rather new to me so hopefully good condition. As for the bellhousing, i'll find out when the time comes no doubt.

Cheers Steve, Pomey!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:COOLING SYTEMS/ putting thermos on switch
Next Topic:Wheel Bearings - Failures/upgrades?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:02:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037028789520264 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.