Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
1JZ INJECTOR HELP Thu, 04 August 2005 04:34 Go to next message
Has anyone removed the injectors from a 1JZ engine and could give me some help. I need to know things like: do I have to remove the idle motor, throttle body, throttle cables and where are the bolts located that hold the plenum in place?

(The engine is in a jzz30 Soarer if it makes any difference)

Any help would be great,

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 12:23]

Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ Injector Removal Thu, 04 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEARCH? You dig dawg?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=241968&rid=3851&S=16c5077bc9b8734f1838 3f6aa83fad3e
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ Injector Removal Thu, 04 August 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, my past questions are helping the community Razz

BTW if I didn't write it in that thread, I had to remove the inlet manifold. There are about 8 studs out of the block with a nut on the end of each. Pretty easy just takes a little while. Easier in my rona than a soarer thoughas I have a lot less shit next to the engine Smile
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ Injector Removal Thu, 04 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Skip , I did a search but obviously I'm retarded. Thanks for the heads with the manifold Chris. I think this is now the 10th time you have answered one of my 1J questions, you're the man. Very Happy
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ THROTTLE CABLE REMOVAL Thu, 04 August 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5843/throttle3yg.jpg

Can this come off separately or do I have to remove the whole throttle body?
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ THROTTLE CABLE REMOVAL Thu, 04 August 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watch out when you remove those manifold nuts. One of my studs was siezed in the engine and cause they are so long you can keep attempting to undo the nut until snap! the stud sheers.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ THROTTLE CABLE REMOVAL Thu, 04 August 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't have to remove th manifold , only took off the idle motor and the throttle body, was able to get the injectors out without pulling the whole thing off , which was a relief. All done now, something i never want to do again
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ THROTTLE CABLE REMOVAL Thu, 04 August 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great now its not firing on all cylinders...
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Thu, 04 August 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so I have swapped my stock 1J injectors over for my 2J injectors. I start the car, and it doesn't appear to be firing on all cylinders. Now the injectors have been lying in a ziplock bag in a dark drawer for a few months now. I did read on the linked thread they can lock up, but I am not quite sure how to "jump start" them, Could someone explain? Chris the 1j master maybe?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Fri, 05 August 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, master of 1j problems! Razz

It is easy to jump start them. First you need to find out which one is not firing. Pull the plugs off them until you find which one doesn't change the engine note.

Then get 2 alligator clips. Put one on one pin and attach that to a ground. Then get another one attach it to the other pin and that is for 12v power so positive terminal of battery is good. Don't connect it yet though. Start the car and it will be running on 5 and then touch the wire on positive terminal a couple of times. If you have a helper they can get the handle end of a screwdriver and tap the injector at the same time. Do this for a bit and you should hear it start to click and then the engine will sound smooth again. Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 05:08]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Fri, 05 August 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone taken the TRC throttle body off while its in the car? im swapping mine for a non TRC and one of the 4 bolts is a bitch to get at Rolling Eyes

edit: should of assessed the situation a little longer, all done Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 11:56]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Sat, 06 August 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, good stuff. Was it hard to get a not traction control TB? Are they the same length so I could use the current intercooler piping?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Sat, 06 August 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bentt advertised a while back and i showed interest and left it at that so i pm'd him back and took it Wink

same length from what i can tell, took prob 20 mins for the whole changeover and everything hooked up fine
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 06 August 2005 08:35

Hehe, good stuff. Was it hard to get a not traction control TB? Are they the same length so I could use the current intercooler piping?

No it's not hard, cause I have one I will sell to you Smile

If the length is different just use a longer length of silicon hose.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will have a think about it skip Smile

Can't use extra silicone hose as it is a special 90 deg bend one.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can measure the TRC one tonight if skip measures the non TRC one for a better result

by the looks of things and how everything lined back up they are exactly the same length
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flange face to end of hose tail = 165mm

U buy? I give super spreshal price to you, cheap cheap spreshal discount, you friend yeah?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRC throttle body = 165mm also flange face to tail Very Happy
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Mon, 08 August 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For anyone that cared to know , 3 of the injectors were stuck. Got them all unblocked and after 2 hrs were back in the car working perfectly.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Tue, 09 August 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you jump start them or pull them out and get them cleaned?

Skip: still thinking Wink

Thanks for the measurement guys Smile
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Tue, 09 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had them cleaned. Got it done for free on the spot, can't argue with free Wink
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Thu, 11 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you couldn't get 1JZ injectors cleaned? Reversing the flow stuffs them or something? Well that was what I was told at least...
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZ INJECTOR HELP Thu, 11 August 2005 11:24 Go to previous message
These were 2j injectors if that makes a difference
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AG starters
Next Topic:2s in an 86 Corona auto
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-